Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wish the new season would hurry up a bit 13:10 - Jun 27 with 622 viewsdominiciawful

Haven't looked forward to one and going to Portman Road as much as this for some time.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:12 - Jun 27 with 601 viewsIllinoisblue

The skateboarding thread should run for a few more weeks yet. That should keep us entertained

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:24 - Jun 27 with 543 viewsFunge

I went to Needham on Saturday, and it was ace. I say this every year, but this season could be a lot of fun.

As an aside, Chaplin and El Miz made a big effort for my missus' kids too, absolutely lovely blokes; well done both of them.
Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 512 viewsSTYG

Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:24 - Jun 27 by Funge

I went to Needham on Saturday, and it was ace. I say this every year, but this season could be a lot of fun.

As an aside, Chaplin and El Miz made a big effort for my missus' kids too, absolutely lovely blokes; well done both of them.

I'd love us to make Saturday a regular thing.

A match right at the start of pre-season against Woodbridge, Whitton, Needham, Stowmarket, Ipswich Wanderers etc that brings a load of money in from tickets for them to help them, allows 1,000 - 1,500 Town fans to enjoy seeing the team early, allows the players 30 minutes each of a match early on into their pre-season.

Everybody wins.

As you say, Saturday was ace. Lovely weather just rounded it off.
Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:40 - Jun 27 with 487 viewsFunge

Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:35 - Jun 27 by STYG

I'd love us to make Saturday a regular thing.

A match right at the start of pre-season against Woodbridge, Whitton, Needham, Stowmarket, Ipswich Wanderers etc that brings a load of money in from tickets for them to help them, allows 1,000 - 1,500 Town fans to enjoy seeing the team early, allows the players 30 minutes each of a match early on into their pre-season.

Everybody wins.

As you say, Saturday was ace. Lovely weather just rounded it off.

Yeah it seems like an easy win, doesn't it?

I might have it wrong, but I think that lot up the 140 were tapping Needham up a few years back for academy players etc etc; stuff like that sticks in my throat somewhat...

Saturday is an easy win to assist with keeping local non-league sides in our corner; what works best for ITFC should, ideally, work for the rest of Suffolk football too....
Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:50 - Jun 27 with 431 viewsSTYG

Wish the new season would hurry up a bit on 13:40 - Jun 27 by Funge

Yeah it seems like an easy win, doesn't it?

I might have it wrong, but I think that lot up the 140 were tapping Needham up a few years back for academy players etc etc; stuff like that sticks in my throat somewhat...

Saturday is an easy win to assist with keeping local non-league sides in our corner; what works best for ITFC should, ideally, work for the rest of Suffolk football too....

Exactly.

Players get a relatively easy work out. 1,500 fans get to see the team in action early on. Between £10,000 - £15,000 for the home side in gate receipts, plus no doubt a very healthy amount not far behind for food and drink.

As you say, we also build good relationships with local clubs who may well prefer to let us have first refusal on promising players or at least to let us know about them, to keep us onside in order to keep on the rotation for these types of games.

Works the other way when we can loan young players out for mens football that are well of the higher non-league pace, which we have done with Bury Town of late as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024