Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 14:13 - Jun 27 with 1330 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I could cry. At this rate it will be cheaper to buy and burn Rembrandts to turn into fuel.

Is this the 'new normal'?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 1309 viewsSTYG

I paid over £2.00 last week. I can remember paying £1.03 towards the beginning of COVID!
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 1291 viewsclive_baker

199.9 at Tesco this morning. I noticed ASDA was about 196 but it was too much of a detour.. I've never paid anything starting in a 2 and it's not a milestone I'm looking forward to breaking.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:18 - Jun 27 with 1285 viewsWeWereZombies

I filled up at £1.919 at Tescos last night, mind you it was the Tesco Filling Station in Dingwall so the 5p fuel tax allowance applies, might not be worth going out of your way for...

And, yes, it probably is the 'new normal', either because the oil producers have discovered that they can price at a new higher rate or because there is a necessity to be more rational about travel and policymakers have tacitly decided that a public discussion would take too long and not have a satisfactory solution so stealth is the answer.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:22 - Jun 27 with 1242 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:18 - Jun 27 by WeWereZombies

I filled up at £1.919 at Tescos last night, mind you it was the Tesco Filling Station in Dingwall so the 5p fuel tax allowance applies, might not be worth going out of your way for...

And, yes, it probably is the 'new normal', either because the oil producers have discovered that they can price at a new higher rate or because there is a necessity to be more rational about travel and policymakers have tacitly decided that a public discussion would take too long and not have a satisfactory solution so stealth is the answer.

So basically 'money' and 'we don't care about the peasants so get on with it'.

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:35 - Jun 27 with 1170 viewsWeWereZombies

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:22 - Jun 27 by ThisIsMyUsername

So basically 'money' and 'we don't care about the peasants so get on with it'.

Well not just money, maybe a slowly dawning realisation that the gig really is up as far as how more man made gas can be added to the atmosphere. Which means that countries that really on oil for most of their revenue have a closing window for that maximisation of that income stream; and that politicians realise that they need voters to support whatever reasons they have for wanting to be in power and that they will lose that support if the voters are rapidly dying off...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:38 - Jun 27 with 1148 viewsrgp1

Has anyone told you? How else do expect to pay back 2 years of "free" money from Rishi and his mates!
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 1104 viewsFromReuserWithLove

It will go so high that when they drop it to £1.80 they'll expect that to look wonderful. Make driving so expensive that people will ditch ICE cars and move to electric.......you know, those really expensive ones with short ranges.
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:54 - Jun 27 with 1061 viewsclive_baker

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:45 - Jun 27 by FromReuserWithLove

It will go so high that when they drop it to £1.80 they'll expect that to look wonderful. Make driving so expensive that people will ditch ICE cars and move to electric.......you know, those really expensive ones with short ranges.

To be fair that's the only benefit, if it means people limit their usage and emissions. Guess that leaves a big hole in the public purse in terms of lost fuel taxes and vehicle taxes etc. No doubt we'll pay it somewhere else, and fund our over prices electric vehicles while we're at it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 15:00 - Jun 27 with 1030 viewsrgp1

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:45 - Jun 27 by FromReuserWithLove

That's the big question. Realistically how much higher can it go before people and businesses simply fall off the edge?
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 15:21 - Jun 27 with 959 viewsSikamikanico

Prices are really making me consider every journey now.

I was already walking to work when it was nice weather but that has changed to everyday now.

I only use my car now for the weekly food shop, family outings, meetings I cannot walk to and self-employment I have that finishes after sunset.
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 15:49 - Jun 27 with 856 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 14:54 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

To be fair that's the only benefit, if it means people limit their usage and emissions. Guess that leaves a big hole in the public purse in terms of lost fuel taxes and vehicle taxes etc. No doubt we'll pay it somewhere else, and fund our over prices electric vehicles while we're at it.

but totally screwing everyone who lives out in the sticks.
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 839 viewsElderGrizzly

Randomly our Tesco in Ely has been 168.9 for petrol for the last 3 weeks when every other petrol station locally is at least 20p a litre more.

Diesel is all £1.99 though
Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 816 viewsjeera

I paid the same at Tesco Sudbury a few days ago.

Thing is, even when things return to 'normal' you know although the prices will drop it won't be to where they were.

Amazing how we get so used to being ripped off we're grateful when we're being ripped off just a tiny bit less.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:09 - Jun 27 with 790 viewsMJallday

It’s been 203.9 here for at least 3 weeks

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:29 - Jun 27 with 730 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:40 - Jun 27 with 703 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:00 - Jun 27 by jeera

I paid the same at Tesco Sudbury a few days ago.

Thing is, even when things return to 'normal' you know although the prices will drop it won't be to where they were.

Amazing how we get so used to being ripped off we're grateful when we're being ripped off just a tiny bit less.

You know that the so-called government will go on about how they have helped to get the rising fuel prices back at 'record lows'.

The record being based on the price in the six weeks prior.

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:47 - Jun 27 with 674 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diesel at Morrisons 198.9 on 16:29 - Jun 27 by FromReuserWithLove

Edit - oops, I didn't read that properly. The £ hasn't crashed from $2 to $1.20 lately. It was in the $1.20s and $1.30s when I was there in 2017/18.

I think there's supposed to be a big jump in both costs and profits for the refineries; that'll be part of the problem.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 16:55]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024