Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the replacements good enough ? 10:11 - Jun 28 with 3942 viewsDMDC

Im not sure we have improved the squad. Ladapo will get around 12 goals,he isnt prolific, so a replacement for Bonne. Ball is another fairly defensive midfielder,so much the same as Morsey and Evans. Leigh is another left back to try out,a position we have struggled with for a few seasons now anyway and JJ is just a kid,who we really havent got time to bring on as a third division club wanting to go up,much the same as Barry was last season. Where are the goals in this team because l just dont see them ? I dont see an improvement,still think we are a 6-12 place team. Cant see us troubling the top 2 maybe flirt around the playoff for a bit but cant see us ultimately going up.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:23 - Jun 28 with 2593 viewsPippin1970

We will be like Liverpool or Man City . No proper recognised striker but 5 or 6 players getting 15 goals plus.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:25 - Jun 28 with 2569 viewsgordon

for me, everything's looking fine, think the squad was already pretty good, and we don't need too much more.

---------------------Walton

-------Donacien Woolfenden Edmundson

Burns--------------------------------------------Leigh/Signing

--------------------Morsy-----Ball

---------Aluko------Chaplin------Edwards

------------------Ladapo/Jackson

Is fine by me - think we had too many players last year, would rather a smaller squad with a few more chances for Humphreys & Chirewa. Think Morsy is fine as a box-to-box more attacking midfielder alongside Ball. Could see a premier league loan signing at left-wingback, given that we're probably reasonably well covered if it doesn't work out, with players not necessarily expecting to play 46 games.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:28 - Jun 28 with 2523 viewsxrayspecs

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:25 - Jun 28 by gordon

for me, everything's looking fine, think the squad was already pretty good, and we don't need too much more.

---------------------Walton

-------Donacien Woolfenden Edmundson

Burns--------------------------------------------Leigh/Signing

--------------------Morsy-----Ball

---------Aluko------Chaplin------Edwards

------------------Ladapo/Jackson

Is fine by me - think we had too many players last year, would rather a smaller squad with a few more chances for Humphreys & Chirewa. Think Morsy is fine as a box-to-box more attacking midfielder alongside Ball. Could see a premier league loan signing at left-wingback, given that we're probably reasonably well covered if it doesn't work out, with players not necessarily expecting to play 46 games.

Ah, so that is the plan. We are going to field a novel 1-3-4-3-1 formation. 12 players

That is revolutionary and will annoy Andy Holt no doubt.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:33 - Jun 28 with 2482 viewsabracaDOBRA_

KOA podcast seemed to hint at a 'marguee' signing, more than likely being a striker.

I do think the better signings will come later, we saw last summer most fees were at the back end of the window
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:37 - Jun 28 with 2425 viewsgordon

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:28 - Jun 28 by xrayspecs

Ah, so that is the plan. We are going to field a novel 1-3-4-3-1 formation. 12 players

That is revolutionary and will annoy Andy Holt no doubt.

Was obviously just trying to make the point that if we've got enough for a good 12 man team, we should be fine.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:40 - Jun 28 with 2383 viewsDevereuxxx

Think this is a little too critical. The difference between the signings we've made so this summer is they fit a very specific set of attributes that both KM and the wider recruitment team have established. We're going for skillset over reputation.

Lapado gives us a physical presence we missed last season. Ball will allow Morsy to get forward more and I can see that being a very successful partnership as their skill sets complement each other. JJ I can't really comment on having never seen him play, but KM has clearly done his homework on his attributes and Leigh, although still relatively unknown, seem to be highly rated at Morecombe and will hopefully be an upgrade on the multitude of LWB we tried last season (Thompson, Clements, Penney, Coulson).

I still think we'll see some marquee signings at attack midfielder and striker. But these deals take longer as they rely on other teams doing business. While we'd all prefer these deals to be wrapped up as early as possible, the more complex deals will take time. But at the same time, we should only bring players in if they are going to fit the ideals KM is trying to instill.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:47 - Jun 28 with 2309 viewscressi

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:37 - Jun 28 by gordon

Was obviously just trying to make the point that if we've got enough for a good 12 man team, we should be fine.

Pippin 1970
5 /6 players getting 10 to 15 goals personally not a chance with what we have Ladapo Burns and Chaplin possibly don't see anyone else getting double figures definitely need a couple of decent signings at this level who know where the net is. We will also like everyone get injuries still think 3 to 4 will go a couple on loan and then we bring in 3 to 4 later in window.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:57 - Jun 28 with 2239 viewsDMDC

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:33 - Jun 28 by abracaDOBRA_

KOA podcast seemed to hint at a 'marguee' signing, more than likely being a striker.

I do think the better signings will come later, we saw last summer most fees were at the back end of the window

What is this marquee nonsense and where has the word even come from over the last 2 seasons ? We are a third division club we arnt going to sign any big name players.
Login to get fewer ads

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:00 - Jun 28 with 2215 viewsDMDC

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:47 - Jun 28 by cressi

Pippin 1970
5 /6 players getting 10 to 15 goals personally not a chance with what we have Ladapo Burns and Chaplin possibly don't see anyone else getting double figures definitely need a couple of decent signings at this level who know where the net is. We will also like everyone get injuries still think 3 to 4 will go a couple on loan and then we bring in 3 to 4 later in window.

Agree with this. Cant see many goals in the team as it stands. And with the squad we have we are only a couple of injuries away from being toothless.Say Jackson does his hamstring again and Burns who did have his share of niggles last season is out for a few games,we look pretty timid really.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:08 - Jun 28 with 2170 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:57 - Jun 28 by DMDC

What is this marquee nonsense and where has the word even come from over the last 2 seasons ? We are a third division club we arnt going to sign any big name players.

Celina, morsy, chaplin, edmundson, walton. They are all big signings.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 2146 viewsBiGDonnie

Shut up scummer. We'll bother the top two like you bother your sister.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:12 - Jun 28 with 2122 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If Ladapo gets 12, Chaplin gets around 15, Burns gets around 10. Morsy scored a few under Mckenna. Jackson will play his part i'm sure. Goals can be shared out.

Chaplin is going to be our top scorer this season i reckon.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:14 - Jun 28 with 2101 viewsOriginalMarkyP

KMcK himself said he's looking to bring a couple more in.

So probably best thing to do is be patient.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:14 - Jun 28 with 2098 viewsDMDC

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:08 - Jun 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Celina, morsy, chaplin, edmundson, walton. They are all big signings.

They are signings,not big names. Most had never heard of them before they arrived. Celina aside. And that was only because he had been here before and had a few games at Swansea.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:15 - Jun 28 with 2088 viewsDMDC

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:09 - Jun 28 by BiGDonnie

Shut up scummer. We'll bother the top two like you bother your sister.

Didnt realise the school holidays had started !
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:17 - Jun 28 with 2074 viewsDMDC

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:12 - Jun 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

If Ladapo gets 12, Chaplin gets around 15, Burns gets around 10. Morsy scored a few under Mckenna. Jackson will play his part i'm sure. Goals can be shared out.

Chaplin is going to be our top scorer this season i reckon.

Think you are very optimistic. Cant see Morsey hitting anywhere near that amount. Chaplin maybe. But take a couple of those out through injury and you arnt left with much.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:20 - Jun 28 with 2040 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:14 - Jun 28 by DMDC

They are signings,not big names. Most had never heard of them before they arrived. Celina aside. And that was only because he had been here before and had a few games at Swansea.

They are big name signings, if, no offence, you watch a lot of football. Most would've known those names. No problems if you haven't, but just cos u haven't heard of them doesn't mean they weren't big names.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:22 - Jun 28 with 2017 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:17 - Jun 28 by DMDC

Think you are very optimistic. Cant see Morsey hitting anywhere near that amount. Chaplin maybe. But take a couple of those out through injury and you arnt left with much.

Tbf i didnt say how many Morsy would score..

It is optimistic, but the points about goals being shared out is a valid one. I do think the Ladapo signing is perhaps being underappreciated. He has consistently scored goals in league one. Im really happy with that signing and think hes going to be really good for us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:22 - Jun 28 with 2011 viewsmarkchips

I reckon another striker to come and may be dependent on moving on some of the fringe players. The club won't admit to it but I'd wager the likes of Hladzy, Pigott and Harper who would command fees are the most likely subjects.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 1953 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm holding out for the signings of Hislop and Batistuta before I start to worry. Get them in and we're sorted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:34 - Jun 28 with 1940 viewsVeggie

Beat let Ashton, McKenna and the entire recruitment department that they’ve got it all wrong. If only they’d hired DMDC instead.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:38 - Jun 28 with 1908 viewsIllinoisblue

Are the replacements good enough ? on 10:57 - Jun 28 by DMDC

Are you new to the English language?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:40 - Jun 28 with 1895 viewsElderGrizzly

It's 28th June.

Ask again at the end of August and if we are in a similar position, we might be nothing better than a playoff team.
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:46 - Jun 28 with 1822 viewsitfcsuth

I don't think it's the most unreasonable question to ask, and some comments back to the OP are a little over the top and unnecessary. I think Ball will be a really good addition, don't know anything about Leigh to comment.

Sounds slightly pessimistic regarding flirting with the play-offs, I certainly think we will be in and around the top 6 mix.

But I think questions regarding John-Jules, but less so Ladapo goal scoring, and whether they will get us the 20+ goals we need from a centre forward are reasonable enough.

I think Ladapo will be a good centre forward, and if he is the main man may well hit goal numbers. I think the group of Ladapo, TJJ, Jackson & Pigott only hit 16 league goals between them last year.

Still suspect a marquee signing is on the horizon. Need a inside left forward player, would love to see Celina back (probably on loan).
Are the replacements good enough ? on 11:48 - Jun 28 with 1802 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's a shame the transfer window has shut. So early this year!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024