Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight 13:17 - Jun 28 with 4383 viewshype313

Go...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:47 - Jun 28 with 1072 viewsEly_Blue

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:19 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

Bristol

You aren’t that young surely? There was football before the PL

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:47 - Jun 28 with 1072 viewshype313

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:44 - Jun 28 by hoppy

OK... so answer my question then.. When did a club from Wakefield spend time in the top flight?

Good question, well presented, deserves a good answer, I'll get back to you...

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:48 - Jun 28 with 1071 viewsWeWereZombies

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:44 - Jun 28 by hoppy

OK... so answer my question then.. When did a club from Wakefield spend time in the top flight?

Precisely.

Plymouth's resident population at the last census in 2011 was estimated to be 256,384. Plymouth is currently estimated to have a population of 262,100 (ONS, Mid Year Estimates 2019).

Wakefield is a cathedral city on the River Calder in West Yorkshire, England. The city had a population of 99,251 in the 2011 census. The city is the administrative centre of the broader City of Wakefield, which had a mid-2019 est. population of 348,312, the 21st most populous district in England.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:49 - Jun 28 with 1055 viewsWallingford_Boy

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:19 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

Bristol

I remember Bristol in the top flight!

RIP Sir Bobby

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:49 - Jun 28 with 1055 viewsclive_baker

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:47 - Jun 28 by Ely_Blue

You aren’t that young surely? There was football before the PL

They were last in the top flight 7 years before I was born. Feck 'em, horrible club. I'm a gashead all the way.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:51 - Jun 28 with 1044 viewsEly_Blue

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:49 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

They were last in the top flight 7 years before I was born. Feck 'em, horrible club. I'm a gashead all the way.

Feck you are that young! I can remember seeing Bristol City at PR as a kid when I used to stand on my milk crate in Churchman’s

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:06 - Jun 28 with 991 viewsFixed_It

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:43 - Jun 28 by hype313

Dudley's a town.

That'll be a 'no' then.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:35 - Jun 28 with 958 viewsclive_baker

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:48 - Jun 28 by WeWereZombies

Precisely.

Plymouth's resident population at the last census in 2011 was estimated to be 256,384. Plymouth is currently estimated to have a population of 262,100 (ONS, Mid Year Estimates 2019).

Wakefield is a cathedral city on the River Calder in West Yorkshire, England. The city had a population of 99,251 in the 2011 census. The city is the administrative centre of the broader City of Wakefield, which had a mid-2019 est. population of 348,312, the 21st most populous district in England.

Poor old Hype's had a shocker. He's been thumbing up Plymouth's left, right and centre bless him.

The more I think about it, the less it feels like a quiz question, and more a cry for help.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:38 - Jun 28 with 947 viewshoppy

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:51 - Jun 28 by Ely_Blue

Feck you are that young! I can remember seeing Bristol City at PR as a kid when I used to stand on my milk crate in Churchman’s

Likewise... I had my milk crate (or possibly a corona one, having taken the bottles back to the village shop for the deposit back) behind one of the barriers to the right of the goal and about half way up (if viewing the pitch). I may have even been alongside you back then, perhaps.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:39 - Jun 28 with 941 viewshoppy

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:35 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

Poor old Hype's had a shocker. He's been thumbing up Plymouth's left, right and centre bless him.

The more I think about it, the less it feels like a quiz question, and more a cry for help.

And still no answer to my question yet either.

I fear you could be right.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:40 - Jun 28 with 943 viewsitfcjoe

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:48 - Jun 28 by WeWereZombies

Precisely.

A district isn't a City though is it? AS in those counts Southampton and Portsmouth always get grouped together as one place

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:41 - Jun 28 with 936 viewshype313

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:35 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

Hands up, saw it on socials, clearly wrong.

I accept full responsibility for this poor thread.

Hangs head in shame.

Apologies to all.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:47 - Jun 28 with 912 viewshoppy

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:41 - Jun 28 by hype313

Hands up, saw it on socials, clearly wrong.

I accept full responsibility for this poor thread.

Hangs head in shame.

Apologies to all.

I'm just glad it was just apologies, and not battenbergs to all.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:47 - Jun 28 with 911 viewshype313

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:39 - Jun 28 by hoppy

And still no answer to my question yet either.

I fear you could be right.

Ok, you're right!

Clearly my sincere apology holds no credence around here.

Jeez it's like an online version of the wife, didn't realise there was so much sexual frustration on here by so many.

It's the web version of Sunday morning football, with a bunch of blokes taking out their anger and frustrations on a football forum.

Christ, people get less pelters for posting dodgy def info!

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 15:31 - Jun 28 with 851 viewsTrumptonBlue

My in-laws are from Wakefield. The city itself is quite pokey and definitely smaller than Plymouth.
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 17:12 - Jun 28 with 788 viewshoppy

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:47 - Jun 28 by hype313

Ok, you're right!

Clearly my sincere apology holds no credence around here.

Jeez it's like an online version of the wife, didn't realise there was so much sexual frustration on here by so many.

It's the web version of Sunday morning football, with a bunch of blokes taking out their anger and frustrations on a football forum.

Christ, people get less pelters for posting dodgy def info!

I did accept your apology... I wouldn't have accepted your battenberg though.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 20:51 - Jun 28 with 724 viewsWeWereZombies

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:40 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

A district isn't a City though is it? AS in those counts Southampton and Portsmouth always get grouped together as one place

And yet the district is called The City of Wakefield, by heck this is complicated, enough to make you want to move to Barnsley and jump ararnd...

By the way, Hype, I do want the Battenberg.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 21:00 - Jun 28 with 719 viewsArnieM

Exeter

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 22:15 - Jun 28 with 700 viewsbrazil1982

Wakefield.
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 22:24 - Jun 28 with 694 viewsNthQldITFC

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:49 - Jun 28 by Wallingford_Boy

I remember Bristol in the top flight!

There are many clubs whose cameos in the top flight I have really enjoyed, but I have to say I got the most pleasure from Bristols.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 22:42 - Jun 28 with 672 viewsquirkie

Plymouth, city has a population of £260k+

Not sure why some think Wakefield, that has a population of about £100k.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 23:22 - Jun 28 with 655 viewsNW10_Tractor

Lichfield.

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 00:31 - Jun 29 with 628 viewsgosblue

Southend
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 00:33 - Jun 29 with 626 viewsgosblue

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 00:31 - Jun 29 by gosblue

Southend

Btw Wakefield have been in the top flight (Rugby League) 😂
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 05:17 - Jun 29 with 581 viewsKropotkin123

Going to put a controversial one out there. Newport.

Obviously they are a Welsh club, but Newport County play in the English Football League, so I think it should count.

If not, it is Southend

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024