Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roll on 19 October 2023 15:11 - Jun 28 with 1828 viewsKeno

will Saint Nicola perform her miracle?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:23 - Jun 28 with 1485 viewsOldsmoker

Thin line between saint and witch - ask Joan d'Arc.

I get that Scotland want to leave a bigger union of countries and go it alone.
Is there an example of where that's happened recently?
How's that going?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:28 - Jun 28 with 1471 viewsKeno

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:23 - Jun 28 by Oldsmoker

Thin line between saint and witch - ask Joan d'Arc.

I get that Scotland want to leave a bigger union of countries and go it alone.
Is there an example of where that's happened recently?
How's that going?

so you think Boris wants Scotland to go independent so he declare won, invade and become a hero?

surely the current tory party wouldnt think like that ..... would they?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:37 - Jun 28 with 1430 viewsOldsmoker

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:28 - Jun 28 by Keno

so you think Boris wants Scotland to go independent so he declare won, invade and become a hero?

surely the current tory party wouldnt think like that ..... would they?

There is a bloomin' great big military supply depot at Longtown just a mile or so south of the scottish border near Gretna on the M6.

Just sayin'.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:38 - Jun 28 with 1426 viewsgiant_stow

Blimey, it would be nice if we could just get on with trying to run the country for the better without all this constant navel-gazing (1dt scots ref, brexit and now this)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:40 - Jun 28 with 1410 viewsOldsmoker

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:38 - Jun 28 by giant_stow

Blimey, it would be nice if we could just get on with trying to run the country for the better without all this constant navel-gazing (1dt scots ref, brexit and now this)

You won't be happy with a united Ireland then.
Coming soon.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:42 - Jun 28 with 1398 viewstractordownsouth

My family all voted remain yet we have left the EU. We have always voted Labour or Liberal Democrat, yet we have now had 4 Tory governments in a row.

We have therefore decided that our household will hold a referendum to vote on whether or not to unilaterally secede from the UK and become an independent state. We don’t have any legal authority to hold the referendum but that doesn’t matter - we voted for it to happen round the dinner table.

Roll on Tractordownsouthexit

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:43 - Jun 28 with 1393 viewsitfcjoe

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:42 - Jun 28 by tractordownsouth

My family all voted remain yet we have left the EU. We have always voted Labour or Liberal Democrat, yet we have now had 4 Tory governments in a row.

We have therefore decided that our household will hold a referendum to vote on whether or not to unilaterally secede from the UK and become an independent state. We don’t have any legal authority to hold the referendum but that doesn’t matter - we voted for it to happen round the dinner table.

Roll on Tractordownsouthexit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 16:04 - Jun 28 with 1300 viewstractordownsouth

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:43 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

Priorities

Login to get fewer ads

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 16:54 - Jun 28 with 1207 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:38 - Jun 28 by giant_stow

It would be great if the centrists weren’t always patting themselves on the back while ignoring the underlying structural issues in the UK. And siding with the right when push comes to shove.

Then maybe the UK wouldn’t have gotten into such a state over past decades.

A real shame for the UK but the right step (hopefully) for Scotland. Nobody can say that they weren’t warned.

Pronouns: He/Him

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 16:58 - Jun 28 with 1198 viewsrgp1

The Treason Felony Act of 1848 makes it an offence to advocate for the abolition of the monarchy. Such advocation is punishable by up to life imprisonment under the Act.
Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:02 - Jun 28 with 1157 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 16:58 - Jun 28 by rgp1

The Treason Felony Act of 1848 makes it an offence to advocate for the abolition of the monarchy. Such advocation is punishable by up to life imprisonment under the Act.

Weird. Who’s abolishing the monarchy?

An independent Scotland may well abolish the monarchy but that’s not an Independence issue.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:04 - Jun 28 with 1144 viewsLord_Lucan

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 16:54 - Jun 28 by Darth_Koont

It would be great if the centrists weren’t always patting themselves on the back while ignoring the underlying structural issues in the UK. And siding with the right when push comes to shove.

Then maybe the UK wouldn’t have gotten into such a state over past decades.

A real shame for the UK but the right step (hopefully) for Scotland. Nobody can say that they weren’t warned.

Alright Koonty, hope you are well !!

I would love for Scotland to remain part of the UK but I accept that there will be a time when they split and it's up to the people I guess.

Nicola has said that she would want to rejoin The EU and I guess any future Scottish leader would want the same and eventually I am sure they would be accepted.

I am though intrigued as to how their trade would work, with a definite hard border and different product standards to England and Wales it would (in my humble opinion) be impossible.

You might have to formulate an exercise akin to the Berlin Airlift.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:04 - Jun 28 with 1140 viewsrgp1

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:02 - Jun 28 by Darth_Koont

Weird. Who’s abolishing the monarchy?

An independent Scotland may well abolish the monarchy but that’s not an Independence issue.

Nothing weird about it darth. But in theory she will be aattempting to break up her majesty's union.
Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:04 - Jun 28 with 1137 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 16:04 - Jun 28 by tractordownsouth

Priorities

Says the Scottish Labour fan. 🤪

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:06 - Jun 28 with 1123 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:04 - Jun 28 by rgp1

Nothing weird about it darth. But in theory she will be aattempting to break up her majesty's union.

If you say so.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:10 - Jun 28 with 1106 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:04 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

Alright Koonty, hope you are well !!

I would love for Scotland to remain part of the UK but I accept that there will be a time when they split and it's up to the people I guess.

Nicola has said that she would want to rejoin The EU and I guess any future Scottish leader would want the same and eventually I am sure they would be accepted.

I am though intrigued as to how their trade would work, with a definite hard border and different product standards to England and Wales it would (in my humble opinion) be impossible.

You might have to formulate an exercise akin to the Berlin Airlift.

All’s well, thanks. Hope you’re good too.

I think largely product standards will remain within existing standards that are unlikely to deviate from the EU.

Scotland will be like Rep. of Ireland. So I don’t see any major long-term issues even if there of course will be short-term adjustments and costs.

In any case, the “prize” of an economy and life even approaching Denmark’s far outweighs the often purely technical and solvable difficulties.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:25 - Jun 28 with 1055 viewsLord_Lucan

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:10 - Jun 28 by Darth_Koont

All’s well, thanks. Hope you’re good too.

I think largely product standards will remain within existing standards that are unlikely to deviate from the EU.

Scotland will be like Rep. of Ireland. So I don’t see any major long-term issues even if there of course will be short-term adjustments and costs.

In any case, the “prize” of an economy and life even approaching Denmark’s far outweighs the often purely technical and solvable difficulties.

All fair enough but Denmark is part of The EU and therefore adopts EU regs and Declarations of Conformity but it's easy for them because it's seemingness.

If Scotland adopted CE Declarations of Conformity (which as part of the EU they would have to) this will cause a massive problem for them buying goods from England similar to the problems England currently faces exporting to Eire*******

***** I don't know how this is all panning out as I have zero experience in exporting to the south.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:38 - Jun 28 with 997 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 17:25 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

All fair enough but Denmark is part of The EU and therefore adopts EU regs and Declarations of Conformity but it's easy for them because it's seemingness.

If Scotland adopted CE Declarations of Conformity (which as part of the EU they would have to) this will cause a massive problem for them buying goods from England similar to the problems England currently faces exporting to Eire*******

***** I don't know how this is all panning out as I have zero experience in exporting to the south.

I suppose the good thing is that this will need to be sorted out first with Ireland as a whole (or risk losing Northern Ireland).

I expect at the stage of leaving the UK in a few years’ time (probably even by the time of the referendum) we’ll have a much clearer picture of how it will work. It’s all about the details and I’m under no illusions that this will be an extra cost but probably no real problem in the long term. We’re talking about an extra cost of doing business, that’s all.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 18:20 - Jun 28 with 915 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So the Scottish Govt are unhappy that they were forced out of a Union of nations by populist nationalists. As a result they propose a nationalist populist exit from a union of nations.

Cool.
Roll on 19 October 2023 on 19:03 - Jun 28 with 876 viewsDarth_Koont

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 18:20 - Jun 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

So the Scottish Govt are unhappy that they were forced out of a Union of nations by populist nationalists. As a result they propose a nationalist populist exit from a union of nations.

Cool.

Yeah. We’ll really miss this kind of sharp analysis that grasps the issues when we’re out of the UK.

I hope that’s the Better Together line. Will be very interesting to see what else they find at the bottom of the barrel.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 19:16 - Jun 28 with 858 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 19:03 - Jun 28 by Darth_Koont

Yeah. We’ll really miss this kind of sharp analysis that grasps the issues when we’re out of the UK.

I hope that’s the Better Together line. Will be very interesting to see what else they find at the bottom of the barrel.

I knew you’d be tying yourself up in knots trying to explain how this act of nationalism is a progressive move.

Frankly I don’t care if Scotland stays or leaves, but it is an entirely populist agenda.
Roll on 19 October 2023 on 22:15 - Jun 28 with 777 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 15:43 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

Well it’s not as if it’s a major problem that needs to be dealt with. Stirring up a nationalist blame culture is more important.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 22:22 - Jun 28 with 737 viewstractordownsouth

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 19:16 - Jun 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I knew you’d be tying yourself up in knots trying to explain how this act of nationalism is a progressive move.

Frankly I don’t care if Scotland stays or leaves, but it is an entirely populist agenda.

It seems no different to the Tories acting unlawfully with regards to the Northern Ireland Protocol. Two governments more interested in nationalist stunts to appeal to their voters rather than obeying the law.

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 22:38 - Jun 28 with 722 viewsBlueBadger

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 22:15 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Well it’s not as if it’s a major problem that needs to be dealt with. Stirring up a nationalist blame culture is more important.

My favourite part of the Scottish Independence Movement is how they sneer at Brexiteers whilst also leveraging pretty much every single fallacy and tactic bar the open racism that the Brexiteers used.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 22:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Roll on 19 October 2023 on 22:46 - Jun 28 with 697 viewsquirkie

Scottish Independence :)
United Ireland :)
Welsh Independence :)
Cornish Independence :)

You can then have the lovely rosy fascist state of England all to your selfs.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024