Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? 15:41 - Jun 28 with 2444 viewsacj

It’s not Plymouth or Wakefield.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 15:42 - Jun 28 with 2426 viewsBlueRaider

Glossop way back in the day ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 15:45 - Jun 28 with 2391 viewsacj

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 15:42 - Jun 28 by BlueRaider

Glossop way back in the day ?

Didn’t think anyone would get this so fast! The mighty Glossop North End, correct!

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:15 - Jun 28 with 2240 viewsjaykay

i would say nailsworth is the smallest town to have a top flight club now

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:35 - Jun 28 with 2150 viewsBlueRaider

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 15:45 - Jun 28 by acj

Didn’t think anyone would get this so fast! The mighty Glossop North End, correct!

Came up in a quiz a few weeks back to name the two league clubs ending North End, had no idea then, but took a punt with it on this one !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:45 - Jun 28 with 2093 viewsacj

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:15 - Jun 28 by jaykay

Forest Green still have a little way to go before they make the top flight, but I’d love to see it.

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:48 - Jun 28 with 2077 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:15 - Jun 28 by jaykay

Nailsworth is massive. They've got a big Tescos

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:56 - Jun 28 with 2037 viewsMattinLondon

Isn’t Blackburn quite small?
Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:01 - Jun 28 with 2021 viewsjaykay

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:45 - Jun 28 by acj

Forest Green still have a little way to go before they make the top flight, but I’d love to see it.

have wakefield or plymouth played in the top flight ? as you used these as examples i thought you were talking about the top four english football leagues

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:01 - Jun 28 with 2021 viewsclive_baker

Hype asked this the other day, it's Birmingham apparantly

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:02 - Jun 28 with 2018 viewsacj

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:56 - Jun 28 by MattinLondon

Isn’t Blackburn quite small?

Wikipedia reckons Blackburn has a population of 120,000, and has Glossop down as having an estimated population of 33,000.

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:04 - Jun 28 with 2009 viewsacj

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:01 - Jun 28 by jaykay

have wakefield or plymouth played in the top flight ? as you used these as examples i thought you were talking about the top four english football leagues

That was a reference to a thread earlier today about the biggest city to have never had a top flight team.

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:57 - Jun 28 with 1889 viewsBrianTablet

Dunwich?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

[Redacted] on 18:30 - Jun 28 with 1828 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 18:57 - Jun 28 with 1704 viewsnoggin

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:57 - Jun 28 by BrianTablet

Dunwich?

Hamlet?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 19:00 - Jun 28 with 1690 viewsArnieM

Us?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 19:03 - Jun 28 with 1682 viewsacj

[Redacted] on 18:30 - Jun 28 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Don’t think Stanley have ever played in the top flight, although I was just reading that Accrington FC did as a founding member of the football league (another club based in the town). 2011 census has Accrington as slightly more populous than Glossop, although that might change when the new census data is released in full. Good shout!

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 19:40 - Jun 28 with 1607 viewsBrianTablet

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 18:57 - Jun 28 by noggin

Hamlet?

Lilliput?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 19:48 - Jun 28 with 1585 viewssyntaxerror

Burnley's population is only 88k.
Mind you the houses are cheap.
Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 21:38 - Jun 28 with 1504 viewsDeano69

N*rwich

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 22:13 - Jun 28 with 1438 viewsTangledupin_Blue

How big is Cleethorpes?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 22:21 - Jun 28 with 1413 viewsbrazil1982

Darwen.
Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 07:53 - Jun 29 with 1211 viewsWickets

Norwich !
Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 14:17 - Jun 29 with 1033 viewsacj

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 22:13 - Jun 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

How big is Cleethorpes?

Population around 39,000 according to the 2011 census, so again slightly bigger than Glossop. I’d never realised Grimsby play their home games there!

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 15:49 - Jun 29 with 961 viewsGeoffSentence

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 17:02 - Jun 28 by acj

Wikipedia reckons Blackburn has a population of 120,000, and has Glossop down as having an estimated population of 33,000.

If we are talking smallest town now which has had a top flight club, then Darwen is smaller than Glossop.

But who on Earth knows which was bigger at the time their respective teams were in division one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 16:23 - Jun 29 with 897 viewsacj

Smallest town in England to have had a team play in the top flight? on 15:49 - Jun 29 by GeoffSentence

If we are talking smallest town now which has had a top flight club, then Darwen is smaller than Glossop.

But who on Earth knows which was bigger at the time their respective teams were in division one.

You’re quite right and I stand corrected - had never heard of Darwen. The first team to be relegated in English football! Like you say, god knows which was bigger when they were playing top tier footy, but going by current size I make this the right answer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024