Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... 18:09 - Jun 28 with 1943 viewshoppy

But when all the kit launches are being done at the moment, they've actually done something with the kit launch hook, without actually revealing the kit (spoiler - it's probably yellow and green and looks like puke, but that's by the by!)...

What they've done is highlight an issue that many face or have faced, or know someone that has.

As someone who had to cope with my room mate at college committing suicide, and although it's many years ago now, I can still vividly remember wondering why, could I have done anything to help etc... so on this occasion, I must say, well done budgies!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 18:13 - Jun 28 with 1902 viewsKeno

yes credit it where its due to them for this

and if any posters are struggling please speak to, PM one of the sensible posters, talk to someone just reach out.

There are many people who will help and no one will judge you

https://www.suffolkmind.org.uk
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 18:14]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 23:47 - Jun 28 with 1691 viewshoppy

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 18:13 - Jun 28 by Keno

yes credit it where its due to them for this

and if any posters are struggling please speak to, PM one of the sensible posters, talk to someone just reach out.

There are many people who will help and no one will judge you

https://www.suffolkmind.org.uk
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 18:14]

Well said Keno. There’s always someone you can reach out to.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 23:55 - Jun 28 with 1673 viewsquirkie

Over 30 years now, one of my friends in the 6th form committed suicide at the age of 17. No words can describe the day after I was told. No words can describe a week later when I was working in a supermarket and his Dad came up to me and asked Why? I've just gone chilled to the bone typing this now., I can remember the look in his Dad's face to this day.

Fair play to them for this.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 07:59 - Jun 29 with 1467 viewsChurchman

Well done NCFC and Stephen Fry. The numbers are sad and shocking.

Your feelings in your last paragraph reflect mine when the misses’ cousin, who was a good friend of mine, committed suicide at the age of about 45 leaving a wife and 10 year old daughter.

At his funeral, I saw the full range of peoples emotions from pure grief to guilt to judgement, blame, annoyance (how selfish etc), if only, numbness. Some of it quietly said, most of it in peoples’ looks. I’ll never forget his mother asking me ‘he wasn’t a bad man was he?’. Heartbreaking. He wasn’t a bad man. In fact he was a great bloke. I remember him for his company, his wisdom and his smiles at football, especially if Leicester beat Ipswich and the beers were on me.

I cannot imagine how low you must be to feel that’s your only choice. There is so much that needs to be done on understanding how the brain works and what can be done to help people. Well done Mr Fry and other well known people who bring this difficult subject to the fore.
I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 08:55 - Jun 29 with 1405 viewsWhos_blue

Really powerful.
I've lost a few that way over the years.
Well done Norwich. (Certainly the first time I've ever posted that, but there is always a time to put partisan support to one side).
I hope stuff like this consigns the disgusting JF "song" to the dustbin where it belongs.
Shame on those who sing it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 08:58 - Jun 29 with 1394 viewsSwansea_Blue

That is quite possibly the first sensible thing I've seen them do. Credit where credit's due and all that.

PS - the kit's the same as normal. they've gone for the top left option again.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 9:02]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:17 - Jun 29 with 1345 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Classy.

This is very good too, the new ad campaign by the Campaign Against Living Miserably - showing the last photo of people who committed suicide (with the line 'Suicidal doesn't always look suicidal.') I've been down to the South Bank to see it and it's pretty powerful;

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/calm-the-last-photo-suicide-prevention-campaign

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:21 - Jun 29 with 1332 viewsZx1988

Fantastic work by them, particularly with regards to how it was trailed in order to achieve maximum engagement.

Pathetic, though, to read some of the responses to the post from those who believe that they have a legitimate grievance regarding the lack of a kit reveal...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:31 - Jun 29 with 1287 viewsnoggin

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 23:55 - Jun 28 by quirkie

Over 30 years now, one of my friends in the 6th form committed suicide at the age of 17. No words can describe the day after I was told. No words can describe a week later when I was working in a supermarket and his Dad came up to me and asked Why? I've just gone chilled to the bone typing this now., I can remember the look in his Dad's face to this day.

Fair play to them for this.

I had the awful experience of discovering a friend's body. I had no idea he was suffering. If you are struggling with mental health problems, however minor you think they are, please reach out for help.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:32 - Jun 29 with 1283 viewsclive_baker

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:21 - Jun 29 by Zx1988

Fantastic work by them, particularly with regards to how it was trailed in order to achieve maximum engagement.

Pathetic, though, to read some of the responses to the post from those who believe that they have a legitimate grievance regarding the lack of a kit reveal...

Yep, it's beyond embarrassing and genuinely concerning when you have full grown adults crying that it's not the reveal of a kit, but instead a really important and well executed message. It's actually hard to believe some of those replies are real.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:39 - Jun 29 with 1240 viewsclive_baker

Well said. There's a lot more to life than football, good on them for using their platform to promote such an important message. One that doesn't get spoken about anywhere near as much as it should.

Suicide of course isn't gender specific, by overwhelmingly it impacts men more than women and I think that's to some degree a result of societal pressures, which traditionally make it difficult for men to talk about mental health. Keep calm and carry on, the bread earners, the perceived need to stay strong for ones family. Etc etc. I hope that the more normalised discussing mental health becomes, the more prevention can take place ahead of suicide becoming an option to the nigh on 1m people that die to suicide annually across the globe.

If there's anyone on here struggling please do seek help. And if you would rather reach out (I hate that term!) to a guy who largely shares nonsense opinions on football on here then my DM's are always open, even if it's just for a rant or a chat.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 11:16 - Jun 29 with 1126 viewsunbelievablue

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 09:39 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

Well said. There's a lot more to life than football, good on them for using their platform to promote such an important message. One that doesn't get spoken about anywhere near as much as it should.

Suicide of course isn't gender specific, by overwhelmingly it impacts men more than women and I think that's to some degree a result of societal pressures, which traditionally make it difficult for men to talk about mental health. Keep calm and carry on, the bread earners, the perceived need to stay strong for ones family. Etc etc. I hope that the more normalised discussing mental health becomes, the more prevention can take place ahead of suicide becoming an option to the nigh on 1m people that die to suicide annually across the globe.

If there's anyone on here struggling please do seek help. And if you would rather reach out (I hate that term!) to a guy who largely shares nonsense opinions on football on here then my DM's are always open, even if it's just for a rant or a chat.

Yep, plenty of studies have confirmed that one of the primary reasons men kill themselves in higher numbers than women is their assumption that they have to 'man up' rather than talk about and/or address their struggles.

I am struggling at the moment, but having told my mates about it (especially those who will/may be affected) things are a lot easier.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 11:59 - Jun 29 with 1053 viewsKeno

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 11:16 - Jun 29 by unbelievablue

Yep, plenty of studies have confirmed that one of the primary reasons men kill themselves in higher numbers than women is their assumption that they have to 'man up' rather than talk about and/or address their struggles.

I am struggling at the moment, but having told my mates about it (especially those who will/may be affected) things are a lot easier.

Hope you are ok mate?

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:02 - Jun 29 with 1042 viewsclive_baker

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 11:16 - Jun 29 by unbelievablue

Speaking up is a brave thing, maximum respect to you. Please shout if you need an ear at any stage, or you feel it helpful to talk to someone other than a friend or family etc.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:18 - Jun 29 with 1002 viewsunbelievablue

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 11:59 - Jun 29 by Keno

Hope you are ok mate?

Grazie.

Bit of burnout I think. Trying too much at once. Usually end up unable to function normally for a few weeks, but caught this early, so hopefully a blip.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:26 - Jun 29 with 973 viewsKeno

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:18 - Jun 29 by unbelievablue

Grazie.

Bit of burnout I think. Trying too much at once. Usually end up unable to function normally for a few weeks, but caught this early, so hopefully a blip.

Very easily done but its good you caught it early

PM me if you ever need a chat and tell you who a sensible poster is who would be able to help

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:36 - Jun 29 with 923 viewshoppy

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:26 - Jun 29 by Keno

Very easily done but its good you caught it early

PM me if you ever need a chat and tell you who a sensible poster is who would be able to help

Hope you're ok unbelievablue.

As Keno says here, if you ever need a sensible poster who might be able to help, or at the very least, listen to you, please do give me a shout.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:40 - Jun 29 with 904 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:36 - Jun 29 by hoppy

Hope you're ok unbelievablue.

As Keno says here, if you ever need a sensible poster who might be able to help, or at the very least, listen to you, please do give me a shout.

Erm, he needs a sensible poster.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:48 - Jun 29 with 890 viewshoppy

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:40 - Jun 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Erm, he needs a sensible poster.

Erm, I am a sensible poster, although what I post may not be all the time necessarily.

(For example, I did start this thread as a sensible post, to be fair).

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:51 - Jun 29 with 875 viewsKeno

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:48 - Jun 29 by hoppy

Erm, I am a sensible poster, although what I post may not be all the time necessarily.

Hoppy all I will say is that you are as sensible as most posters on here .......

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 13:16 - Jun 29 with 829 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 12:48 - Jun 29 by hoppy

Fair point. I can be occasionally sensible myself, but I hide it well.

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 14:42 - Jun 29 with 725 viewsKeno

I can't remember having to praise that lot up the road before... on 13:16 - Jun 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Fair point. I can be occasionally sensible myself, but I hide it well.

To be fair Dollars you hide it really well!! haha!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024