Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Deborah James 21:12 - Jun 28 with 1114 viewsThe_Snake

So very sad. So important to get ourselves checked out early if unsure.
RIP Deborah James on 21:21 - Jun 28 with 1056 viewsclive_baker

Very sad. Inspirational lady, may she RIP.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

RIP Deborah James on 21:26 - Jun 28 with 1037 viewsChurchman

A terrific role model and a force for good. The world is poorer without her. RIP

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/28/podcaster-deborah-james-dies-of-

At 55 I was invited to take part in the bowel screening programme. I said ‘ok’ and went with it, despite being horribly busy at work. It involved a camera where you so don’t want a camera to be. Nearly as bad as watching Jonathan Douglas ambling around the pitch. They removed a polyp which proved not to be a problem, but the doctor dude (god what an awful job) said I was right to take the offer.

The problem with bowel cancer is that it’s a silent killer. By the time you know something is wrong, you are in trouble. After the camera fest, it’s been a send a sample every few years. A small price to pay.

Prevention is something I strongly believe in. If you get an invite, folks, do take it up - figuratively and literally!
RIP Deborah James on 02:21 - Jun 29 with 837 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s very important not to ignore any warning signs. Had some scopes last year because of some symptoms. Even under 40 they suggested I had it done. They found some non cancerous stuff and one they removed one that was getting towards being pre cancerous.

Have to have it every 3 years now for the rest of my life. It’s one of the only screenings which is also preventative because they can take the polyps before they turn nasty. My dad lost his best man in his early 50s so I’ve always taken it seriously.

If it was 20/30 years ago they would have probably told me to ignore it at my age. so I was feeling relieved to have had it looked at.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 2:27]
RIP Deborah James on 07:55 - Jun 29 with 687 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

This wonderful human being achieved so much and showed so much courage, dignity, humility and love. I am not sure I could show the bravery and still smile in the face of so much adversity, as Dame Deborah did; in fact I know I could not.
She leaves a legacy for us all.....
RIP Deborah James on 07:59 - Jun 29 with 676 viewsChrisd

Such an inspirational and brave woman. I can’t help but admire how she’s handled the last few months, she has shown such dignity and courage.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 8:17]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

RIP Deborah James on 08:01 - Jun 29 with 669 viewsGlasgowBlue

Only heard this. Very sad.

To have her amount of courage when battling this awful disease was insisrstional.

R.I.P.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Deborah James on 09:00 - Jun 29 with 611 viewsGuthrum

Second the message about testing. If my mother was keener on it (and if Covid hadn't made such things more difficult), she might not be confined to bed with incurable cancer.

Even I'm thinking of it and I hate going to the doctor.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

RIP Deborah James on 09:19 - Jun 29 with 584 viewsBloomBlue

RIP

Just remember as she kept saying on her podcast "check your poo regularly"
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Deborah James on 09:20 - Jun 29 with 584 viewsusm

Yep, great lady.
Get yourself checked if you have any doubts at all.
Daughter's boyfriend died aged 27 from bowel cancer, 3 years ago now. Less than 6 months after diagnosis. Turns out he'd had concerns for a while but didnt get himself checked until it was too late.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024