Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? 11:10 - Jun 29 with 3231 viewsBloots

.....it's a difficult one.

Middle class women in flowery dresses and sun hats that go to Wimbledon every year and shout "Let's go Andy, let's go"?

Middle aged blokes that go to Silverstone wearing clothing that advertise engineering companies and online security packages while they cheer at cars going round a track?

Upper class knobs wearing red chinos, deck shoes and polo shirts (collars up) going to the rugger with their mate Rupert who's got a sweater tied around his neck?

FFS.

I hate them all.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:13 - Jun 29 with 1856 viewsSwansea_Blue

Uppy for "Upper class knobs wearing red chinos, deck shoes and polo shirts (collars up) going to the rugger with their mate Rupert who's got a sweater tied around his neck?" - the 'Twickers' crowd

Not that it's any better over here:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:13 - Jun 29 with 1857 viewsLeBlue

Also, Hooray Henrys wearing chinos and stupid stripy blazers who go to Henley Regatta and are absolutely trollied after half a glass of Pimms.
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:15 - Jun 29 with 1838 viewsSwansea_Blue

*all the board's golfers slide off into the background*

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:18 - Jun 29 with 1817 viewsTractorBrew

Overweight cyclists who turn up to cheer on cycling events in their lycra standing next to their multi thousand pound bikes have to be up there
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:20 - Jun 29 with 1803 viewshomer_123

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:15 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

[hangs head and slowly walks backwards]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:20 - Jun 29 with 1798 viewshomer_123

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:18 - Jun 29 by TractorBrew

Overweight cyclists who turn up to cheer on cycling events in their lycra standing next to their multi thousand pound bikes have to be up there

Surely, the cyclist fans at the Tours who jump in front of riders or try and 'help' them!?!?

If they are playing..... on 11:21 - Jun 29 with 1802 viewsBloots

....then they can be excused.

The same goes for cyclists, although I take the point that some people feel the need to dress in the full regalia just to watch.

See: FKWs

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:23 - Jun 29 with 1788 viewsBlueBadger

Overweight middle aged blokes in football kit when they aren't actually playing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

If they are playing..... on 11:24 - Jun 29 with 1787 viewsitfcjoe

If they are playing..... on 11:21 - Jun 29 by Bloots

The same goes for cyclists, although I take the point that some people feel the need to dress in the full regalia just to watch.

Golfers dress up as though they are playing golf to go and watch it which I always find strange

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:25 - Jun 29 with 1777 viewshomer_123

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:23 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

Overweight middle aged blokes in football kit when they aren't actually playing.

At the risk of being ostracised, I have 'never' understood wearing football kits for anything other than playing.

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 1708 viewsTractorBrew

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:25 - Jun 29 by homer_123

At the risk of being ostracised, I have 'never' understood wearing football kits for anything other than playing.

Totally on board with this - I don't see them as casual wear

Sports kit is for taking part in a sport - just wear normal clothing when watching sports - simple. Thankfully swimming fans follow this guidance
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:54 - Jun 29 with 1706 viewsIpswichKnight

More hooray Henry’s who attend Ascot for a picnic out of the back of the Land Rover with there candelabra.
If they are playing..... on 11:55 - Jun 29 with 1706 viewsEwan_Oozami

If they are playing..... on 11:21 - Jun 29 by Bloots

Two golden rules given to me by a weather-beaten old clubman when I first started cycle racing in the mid-70 and which I still abide by today:

On the bike: club kit on club rides and when racing, generic non-branded brightly-coloured visible kit all other times.

When cycling to watch events: one item of club kit is permissable, everything else generic brightly-coloured kit.

The amount of cyclists I see out now either in full Merckx Molteni kit, or completely black light-absorbing ninja kit (without lights) is totally embarrasing..and indeed terrifying...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:56 - Jun 29 with 1688 viewsKeno

anyone who wears green and yellow to anything

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:02 - Jun 29 with 1648 viewsMattinLondon

During lockdown the family opposite me used to go cycling together. Mum and the kids used to wear casual wear whilst the dad used to dress like he was taking part in some sort of Olympic time trial. Was quite a sight.
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:03 - Jun 29 with 1639 viewsMattinLondon

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:50 - Jun 29 by TractorBrew

Totally on board with this - I don't see them as casual wear

Sports kit is for taking part in a sport - just wear normal clothing when watching sports - simple. Thankfully swimming fans follow this guidance

A football top is a fashion item as well. Have to admit I wear a replica top when I go to football.
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:37 - Jun 29 with 1555 viewsjontysnut

Anyone at Wimbledon wearing any kind of Union Jack regalia, anyone at Wimbledon wearing a back to front baseball cap, anyone at Wimbledon who cracks up when a player does a keepy uppy, anyone in the Royal Box, fist pumpers in the players stand, anyone waving on Henman Hill, anyone at Wimbledon.
Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:43 - Jun 29 with 1544 viewshoppy

Or try to hide behind the flag...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:45 - Jun 29 with 1534 viewshoppy

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 11:23 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

I wouldn't say John Terry was overweight, to be fair.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:53 - Jun 29 with 1508 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not really a thing in this country but the American concept of pre game tailgate dos is bonkers to me.

People pay to have access to a parking lot where they bbq, marinade and all sorts of other things and then most of them don't actually even go to the game but instead watch it on some tele they have rigged up to the RV power generator. That's seems madness to me.

Would you pay to have a BBQ in FPR car park whilst not actually being able to attend a game?

Also at the French open the locals have a habit of making a noise that I can only describe as sounding like a bulimic frog between every singe point. This should be seen as a crime so heinous that wine should be withdrawn from the perpetrators for life
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 13:10]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 1488 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:43 - Jun 29 by hoppy

Or try to hide behind the flag...

I rest my case. Look at the state of those eejits!

If they are playing..... on 12:56 - Jun 29 with 1481 viewsPlums

If they are playing..... on 11:24 - Jun 29 by itfcjoe

Golfers dress up as though they are playing golf to go and watch it which I always find strange

I've always assumed that's because it's a golf course and so has a dress etiquette they're complying with. If not, it is indeed very odd!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

If they are playing..... on 12:59 - Jun 29 with 1459 viewsSwansea_Blue

If they are playing..... on 12:56 - Jun 29 by Plums

I've always assumed that's because it's a golf course and so has a dress etiquette they're complying with. If not, it is indeed very odd!

I believe they also dress up as if they're playing golf when they're just going shopping. My old fella did anyway, RIP.

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 13:00 - Jun 29 with 1453 viewsPlums

I find tennis fans the scariest people; a truly terrifying breed with their netball chants and upside down union jacks.

For the rugger boys, you need this link

http://lookatmyf**kingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

You'll need to add the correct letters as the TWTD swear filter has prevented access!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 13:22 - Jun 29 with 1390 viewsIllinoisblue

Crappiest "sports fan" outfits.....? on 12:53 - Jun 29 by BlueandTruesince82

Not really a thing in this country but the American concept of pre game tailgate dos is bonkers to me.

People pay to have access to a parking lot where they bbq, marinade and all sorts of other things and then most of them don't actually even go to the game but instead watch it on some tele they have rigged up to the RV power generator. That's seems madness to me.

Would you pay to have a BBQ in FPR car park whilst not actually being able to attend a game?

Also at the French open the locals have a habit of making a noise that I can only describe as sounding like a bulimic frog between every singe point. This should be seen as a crime so heinous that wine should be withdrawn from the perpetrators for life
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 13:10]

A local writes in defence of the tailgate….

Been to a few of these for baseball games in Milwaukee. You’re paying to park anyway so it’s not an additional fee. Get there a few hours before and get beered up without paying $14 for a cup of piss inside the stadium. Somebody inevitably brings a grill and fires up some food. Again saving money on stadium rip off prices. It actually makes sense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024