Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GONE 21:05 - Jun 29 with 6178 viewsSitfcB

I hate long threads anyway, I have to change to table mode ffs.

Thoughts with Fixed_It

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

GONE on 21:11 - Jun 29 with 3254 viewsFrimleyBlue

It was alright for 12 pages but then there was 5 where you couldn't work out what on earth they were actually fighting about.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

GONE on 21:12 - Jun 29 with 3259 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My up vote of "pompous prig" didn't even make it to digital form!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

GONE on 21:16 - Jun 29 with 3240 viewsPhilTWTD

Want the site to be welcoming to all users and not sure the latter bit of the thread reflected that.
GONE on 21:18 - Jun 29 with 3171 viewsFrimleyBlue

GONE on 21:16 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Want the site to be welcoming to all users and not sure the latter bit of the thread reflected that.

I agree. As soon as you see SB involved you know shts about to happen.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

GONE on 21:18 - Jun 29 with 3195 viewsSitfcB

Any yellow cards handed out?

COYB

GONE on 21:19 - Jun 29 with 3191 viewsDecageBruce

FFS, I just started catching up and got up to page 13 after a long day. I never get to the end of these but could see where it was heading.

Would be nice to see a proper debate about something serious without the need for Phil et Al having to pull it (but I understand why they do)

Interesting that a thread on such a complex subject and heavily linked with understand others point of view/respecting their decisions/being inclusive/working through complexities and understanding has to be pulled (I assume) due to people not being able to accept difference/complexities or respecting others views
GONE on 21:21 - Jun 29 with 3180 viewsSitfcB

GONE on 21:19 - Jun 29 by DecageBruce

FFS, I just started catching up and got up to page 13 after a long day. I never get to the end of these but could see where it was heading.

Would be nice to see a proper debate about something serious without the need for Phil et Al having to pull it (but I understand why they do)

Interesting that a thread on such a complex subject and heavily linked with understand others point of view/respecting their decisions/being inclusive/working through complexities and understanding has to be pulled (I assume) due to people not being able to accept difference/complexities or respecting others views

I’d missed it all but managed to see it after being alerted on the TWTD WhatsApp group.

Just the usual of people having a different opinion to each other and people fumin that people have a different opinion.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 21:22]

COYB

GONE on 21:27 - Jun 29 with 3124 viewsStokieBlue

GONE on 21:21 - Jun 29 by SitfcB

I’d missed it all but managed to see it after being alerted on the TWTD WhatsApp group.

Just the usual of people having a different opinion to each other and people fumin that people have a different opinion.

"But both sides" when one side is offensive.

Not surprised to see you pushing this.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

GONE on 21:28 - Jun 29 with 3103 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GONE on 21:21 - Jun 29 by SitfcB

People fuming or person....I hadn't read every last bit but it seemed fairly civil (even some humorous moments)til the last part.

GONE on 21:32 - Jun 29 with 3077 viewsIllinoisblue

Didn’t see the latter posts that got it canned but thought it was a mostly decent, robust exchange of views for the most part. I’m sure the topic will come up again!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

GONE on 21:35 - Jun 29 with 3038 viewsMJallday

GONE on 21:27 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

"But both sides" when one side is offensive.

Not surprised to see you pushing this.

SB

Im just annoyed that we never came to a definitive conclusion of whether skateboarding is rubbish

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

GONE on 21:37 - Jun 29 with 3021 viewsN2_Blue

I hate to say it Phil but i think the forum loses a lot when posts such as those get completely deleted. For the most part there was excellent discussion on a very topical subject whatever your stance.

There surely has to be a way of locking and just deleting the few posts that go against house rules.

To delete that thread and the posts that many have put time and effort into is a great great shame. It actually puts me off contributing lengthy posts to topical debates because of the risk of them disappearing. I've written posts before that have taken time and effort and then bang the thread has gone because someone else has derailed it.

That thread particularly would have been good to revisit over time. A great shame.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

GONE on 21:44 - Jun 29 with 2933 viewsjeera

GONE on 21:35 - Jun 29 by MJallday

Im just annoyed that we never came to a definitive conclusion of whether skateboarding is rubbish

I think we know the answer to that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

GONE on 21:54 - Jun 29 with 2833 viewsGlasgowBlue

In hindsight it should have been locked at page 10. It was just going around in circles.

By page 14 we had a poster trivialising and dismissing the feelings of a victim of rape and serious sexual assault. That’s when I stopped reading.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GONE on 22:04 - Jun 29 with 2791 viewsclive_baker

GONE on 21:54 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

In hindsight it should have been locked at page 10. It was just going around in circles.

By page 14 we had a poster trivialising and dismissing the feelings of a victim of rape and serious sexual assault. That’s when I stopped reading.

There were a few awful posts. At best poorly worded, if you’re being generous.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

GONE (n/t) on 22:07 - Jun 29 with 2728 viewsGlasgowBlue

GONE on 22:04 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

There were a few awful posts. At best poorly worded, if you’re being generous.

That’s the problem with long threads. Any reasonable and decent points have been made and it just descends into shock value.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 22:08]

Iron Lion Zion

GONE on 22:07 - Jun 29 with 2737 viewsmonytowbray

Why is the bloke who has an enforced div list on me calling me out?

I pointed out a statement they made was poor and provided valid reason as to why. But latch onto the initial post as it fits your agenda.

There was far worse in that thread than anything I said.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

GONE on 22:10 - Jun 29 with 2696 viewsclive_baker

GONE on 22:07 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

I pointed out a statement they made was poor and provided valid reason as to why. But latch onto the initial post as it fits your agenda.

I thought your post was terribly worded, but you acknowledged it and owned that, being clear about what you actually meant. There were worse, genuinely ignorant posts after that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

GONE on 22:12 - Jun 29 with 2663 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I tried to get it banned at page 11 to save everyone's time but what can you do.

GONE on 22:20 - Jun 29 with 2557 viewsGlasgowBlue

GONE on 22:12 - Jun 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

I tried to get it banned at page 11 to save everyone's time but what can you do.

So fixers still hadn’t got a ten pager on his CV.

Iron Lion Zion

GONE on 22:27 - Jun 29 with 2532 viewsLord_Lucan

GONE on 22:20 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

That's the funniest thing about it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

GONE on 22:39 - Jun 29 with 2446 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 22:10 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

I thought your post was terribly worded, but you acknowledged it and owned that, being clear about what you actually meant. There were worse, genuinely ignorant posts after that.

It’s weirder how many people took massive offence to the post and continued down that avenue even after owning/clarifying too yet no one objected to said ignorant comments mentioned.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

GONE on 22:43 - Jun 29 with 2433 viewseireblue

GONE on 22:07 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

I think that is why Phil deletes these threads, so someone can then re-hash what someone said,….that is why they are deleted isn’t it,.. so Phil can test who was paying attention,…..I forget is it a gold star for remembering and silver star for a screen shot?
GONE on 22:45 - Jun 29 with 2406 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GONE on 22:20 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

It's like one of those trees that falls with nobody to hear it...it still makes a noise and he can still have it on the C.V. All the more beautiful for being beyond the reach of archivists!

GONE on 23:04 - Jun 29 with 2300 viewsLord_Lucan

GONE on 22:45 - Jun 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's like one of those trees that falls with nobody to hear it...it still makes a noise and he can still have it on the C.V. All the more beautiful for being beyond the reach of archivists!

Phil is constructing a file of historical deleted posts to publish in the style of Robin Cooper's Timewaster letters.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024