Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GONE 21:05 - Jun 29 with 6166 viewsSitfcB

I hate long threads anyway, I have to change to table mode ffs.

Thoughts with Fixed_It

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

GONE on 20:44 - Jun 30 with 1174 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 20:27 - Jun 30 by Skip_Intro

If I literally didn't read then how would I follow your wonderful arguments?
Calling someone 'thick' is literally the same as calling them 'stupid' which is indeed ableist.
Anyway I've had my fun with you MonyTowrag - you're getting very boring now - time for you to hit the div list.
Have a lovely evening x

You need to learn how ableism works and what it is, particularly discrimination.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disability-related_terms_with_negative_c

You are having an argument in your own brain at this point.

Div listing me saves me a lot of time dealing with your thickness/harassment though so ✌️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

GONE on 20:51 - Jun 30 with 1195 viewsjeera

GONE on 20:44 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

You need to learn how ableism works and what it is, particularly discrimination.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disability-related_terms_with_negative_c

You are having an argument in your own brain at this point.

Div listing me saves me a lot of time dealing with your thickness/harassment though so ✌️

I'm still in the camp where I agree with a lot of your sentiments (yeah yeah, I know you don't care what I think, fine), but Skippers there is generally a good guy so it would be nice if you could stop insulting him please.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

GONE on 20:53 - Jun 30 with 1198 viewsDyland

Go on guys, you can take this thread past the one you're all arguing about (still).

Bad luck Phil :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

GONE on 20:53 - Jun 30 with 1137 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 20:28 - Jun 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

"the transphobia was quite open early doors from several posters."

I disagree with this. I think you assumed it (and I know Darth accused Joe directly) but I think Joe was just genuinely looking for an answer that suits all. I'm not sure anyone else was transphobic early on in the thread.

You also basically accused the raped woman of being transphobic and even weaponising it, which, as I said in the thread, is unfair. I think a lot of people, including myself, are just trying to figure it out - don't jump so quickly to "oh they must be transphobic then."

Joe can barely call a transwoman a transwoman, and instead refers to them as “biological males passing as females” as one such example.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/transgender/whats-transp
“Disbelief or discounting preferred pronouns or gender identity”

If you don’t understand that language is transphobic, you don’t really understand transphobia. Same energy as racists who say racist things but don’t think they are being racist. Telling it how it is, very real concerns,etc.

Luckily Dolly you show enough movement and growth on the topic to let you off a bit and give you some benefit of the doubt, and you are open to the fact you are learning. Joe has been called up on it before, and I think all things considered it’s impressive how civil discussion has remained (even at boiling points).

I stand by my comments I made in the deleted thread. I don’t think people who run to the press about suing a rape crisis centre with remarks like that are keen to learn at all. Quite the opposite in fact.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 21:00]

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 20:54 - Jun 30 with 1121 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 20:51 - Jun 30 by jeera

I'm still in the camp where I agree with a lot of your sentiments (yeah yeah, I know you don't care what I think, fine), but Skippers there is generally a good guy so it would be nice if you could stop insulting him please.

It’s a two way street and he’s being a bellend. Not once has he discussed anything on the merit of my points made.

If he wants to play the man over the ball, I can too.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 20:56]

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 20:56 - Jun 30 with 1165 viewsSkip_Intro

GONE on 20:51 - Jun 30 by jeera

admittedly I sank to his level and let him goad me into action...which is exactly why I've div listed him for my sake and so that other users don't have to trawl through our nonsense...
GONE on 20:58 - Jun 30 with 1102 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 20:56 - Jun 30 by Skip_Intro

admittedly I sank to his level and let him goad me into action...which is exactly why I've div listed him for my sake and so that other users don't have to trawl through our nonsense...

Not goaded you at all. I prefer actual debate and counter debate over childish ableist slurs and resorting to comments about the size of willies.

Peaked in your playground years.

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 21:01 - Jun 30 with 1107 viewsFrimleyBlue

GONE on 20:58 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

Not goaded you at all. I prefer actual debate and counter debate over childish ableist slurs and resorting to comments about the size of willies.

Peaked in your playground years.

All well and good but..

What do you think of neighbours being cut from channel 5?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 21:01]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

GONE on 21:03 - Jun 30 with 1083 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 21:01 - Jun 30 by FrimleyBlue

All well and good but..

What do you think of neighbours being cut from channel 5?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 21:01]

I always preferred Home & Away.

Does anyone under the age of 50 watch soaps anymore? Sure my Nan only does as she doesn’t do the internet.

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 21:04 - Jun 30 with 1124 viewsjeera

GONE on 20:53 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

Joe can barely call a transwoman a transwoman, and instead refers to them as “biological males passing as females” as one such example.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/transgender/whats-transp

If you don’t understand that language is transphobic, you don’t really understand transphobia. Same energy as racists who say racist things but don’t think they are being racist. Telling it how it is, very real concerns,etc.

Luckily Dolly you show enough movement and growth on the topic to let you off a bit and give you some benefit of the doubt, and you are open to the fact you are learning. Joe has been called up on it before, and I think all things considered it’s impressive how civil discussion has remained (even at boiling points).

I stand by my comments I made in the deleted thread. I don’t think people who run to the press about suing a rape crisis centre with remarks like that are keen to learn at all. Quite the opposite in fact.

I don't know much about the subject at all.

That's my first disclosure.

But I have been interested to watch Elliot Page's transformation. (Yes, the opposite way but nonetheless).

I always thought she was a pretty girl, non-weird, just thought she was a pretty girl.

So it came as a bit of a shock to me when she came out to say how she felt. What really took me though is how clear she was about her feelings and how she was not confused whatsoever about who she really was and what she wanted to be.

Following her transformation Elliot gave an interview. I can't remember who to, (Ellen maybe, not sure) where he now looked so naturally happy and I was genuinely pleased for him.

He explained how he'd had to look at these breasts which were completely alien to him, stuck there right in front of him on his chest.

Once they were removed he said he looked in the mirror and said "There I am!".

I picked up on an episode of Feel Good where [looking up her name]...

Mae Martin said something similar, about having these things stuck on her chest.

Anyways, no point to make, just thought it interesting and for me, a bloke who doesn't really get it, but is happy to try my best and at least respect other people's wishes, found the openness enlightening.

To the best of my present capabilities anyway.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 21:05]

GONE on 21:14 - Jun 30 with 1102 viewsitfcjoe

GONE on 20:53 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

Please don't misquote me or claim I've been 'called up on it before' as that isn't the case.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

GONE on 21:20 - Jun 30 with 1068 viewsjeera

GONE on 21:03 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

Does anyone under the age of 50 watch soaps anymore? Sure my Nan only does as she doesn’t do the internet.

Last time I saw a soap was either with Dirty Den or Kylie, in their respective roles/programmes.

So whichever came last.

GONE on 21:21 - Jun 30 with 1043 viewsFrimleyBlue

GONE on 21:03 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

We were actually talking about this the other night. I remember saying years ago I couldn't imagine evening's without the soaps like eastenders etc. But I actually wonder if we are close to seeing the back of them over the next decade.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

GONE on 21:22 - Jun 30 with 1055 viewsSkip_Intro

GONE on 21:20 - Jun 30 by jeera

Last time I saw a soap was either with Dirty Den or Kylie, in their respective roles/programmes.

So whichever came last.

I think Leslie Grantham's webcam has the answer to that old chestnut...
GONE on 21:42 - Jun 30 with 974 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 21:14 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

Please don't misquote me or claim I've been 'called up on it before' as that isn't the case.

I have called you up on it before. As have others. In the deleted thread and prior threads.

I’ve been civil but you’ve repeatedly been told you are pushing a far right born (if not hijacked) narrative.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 21:45]

TWTD never forgets…

A perpetual cycle.... on 21:51 - Jun 30 with 972 viewsBloots

GONE on 20:53 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Go on guys, you can take this thread past the one you're all arguing about (still).

Bad luck Phil :)

....of divs.

Innit.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

GONE on 21:53 - Jun 30 with 919 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 21:21 - Jun 30 by FrimleyBlue

We were actually talking about this the other night. I remember saying years ago I couldn't imagine evening's without the soaps like eastenders etc. But I actually wonder if we are close to seeing the back of them over the next decade.

TV and media has evolved beyond them IMO. They are a relic of the past and trailblazers we have a lot to thank for in terms of fiction story telling - many quote progressive and forward thinking (I remember as a kid/teen Eastenders had a HIV positive character and they did a teen pregnancy with Sonya for example).

In this day and age celebrity culture and careers that broke soap stars all happens online. Plus scheduled TV is DEFFO a dead format. I can see it all being on demand streaming within a few decades and the concept of channels running a schedule being done.

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 22:01 - Jun 30 with 910 viewsjeera

GONE on 21:42 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

I have called you up on it before. As have others. In the deleted thread and prior threads.

I’ve been civil but you’ve repeatedly been told you are pushing a far right born (if not hijacked) narrative.

I have posted about the actual subject and would be interested to know what you think/ know of the little I've mentioned, rather than look to continue the online scraps with other posters.

GONE on 22:07 - Jun 30 with 897 viewsPrideOfTheEast

GONE on 19:37 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

“I didn’t actually read what the point being made was and admit that, but I’m going to make my own assumptions despite someone who did read it explaining to me what actually happened.”

In most walks of life, they call that ignorance.

Glassers also doesn’t actually see my posts either (admin enforced div list) so you’re nodding and agreeing with someone with half the story in the first place.

The “worse” posts were also throughout the thread, and although a particularly nasty one came later that got the thread pulled, the transphobia was quite open early doors from several posters.

The popcorn stuff has nothing to do with the point or the post in question we are discussing.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 19:42]

You are literally making up a quote and attributing it to me. The popcorn obviously wasn't anything to do with the subject matter - it was simply something that you tried to use to claim that another poster wasn't taking the original post seriously. Several pages later you then posted something abhorrent, apparently subsequently provided context and you seem to fail to see the correlation between those two actions. I see that as ignorant.

I fear you're too far gone but I struggle to see how you're ever going to change the world (and we should all believe we can do that - it's refreshing that you do) if your approach is anything like you come across on here. Good luck with it.

Now ignored.
GONE on 22:18 - Jun 30 with 866 viewsitfcjoe

GONE on 21:42 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

Being called up on it by you and Darth doesn’t actually mean anything though, you make out like I’ve had a warning for it or some other rubbish which isn’t the case

GONE on 23:14 - Jun 30 with 739 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 22:18 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

Being called up on it by you and Darth doesn’t actually mean anything though, you make out like I’ve had a warning for it or some other rubbish which isn’t the case

Just got a work email by clive_baker 21 Apr 2022 9:23
from someone at Deloitte, and his email signature includes a list of preferred pronouns. I've never seen this before, am I out of touch?

Pronouns: he / him / his

Joe. You do you. I’ve been here a decade plus now and I can tell you now these posts won’t age well.

But you have been told. Over and over. So when it does bite you in the arse don’t say you weren’t aware or it was an honest mistake.

Consider that some frank and firm advice.

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 23:15 - Jun 30 with 737 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 22:01 - Jun 30 by jeera

I have posted about the actual subject and would be interested to know what you think/ know of the little I've mentioned, rather than look to continue the online scraps with other posters.

Dunno, I don’t recall any of your posts off the top of my head. Feel free to chuck me some examples though. I was talking specifically to Joe.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 23:44]

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 23:20 - Jun 30 with 723 viewsmonytowbray

GONE on 22:07 - Jun 30 by PrideOfTheEast

You are literally making up a quote and attributing it to me. The popcorn obviously wasn't anything to do with the subject matter - it was simply something that you tried to use to claim that another poster wasn't taking the original post seriously. Several pages later you then posted something abhorrent, apparently subsequently provided context and you seem to fail to see the correlation between those two actions. I see that as ignorant.

I fear you're too far gone but I struggle to see how you're ever going to change the world (and we should all believe we can do that - it's refreshing that you do) if your approach is anything like you come across on here. Good luck with it.

Now ignored.

You haven’t read what I posted so how can you call it “ignorant”? Basic fact checking and due dilligance? Nah, just some egocentric internalised blub.

F**k me, I live in a world where this is a take and we see it daily in our accountable media/politicians.

TWTD never forgets…

GONE on 00:06 - Jul 1 with 667 viewsWicklowBlue

GONE on 23:14 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

from someone at Deloitte, and his email signature includes a list of preferred pronouns. I've never seen this before, am I out of touch?

Joe. You do you. I’ve been here a decade plus now and I can tell you now these posts won’t age well.

But you have been told. Over and over. So when it does bite you in the arse don’t say you weren’t aware or it was an honest mistake.

Sorry Callis, regardless of any discussions or topics...Who are you to call out other posters and offer some 'frank and firm advice"?

As I've seen you and others call out before this is a ITFC forum for discussion and interject.

Not just you but this continued call out culture and "I'm right you are wrong"and doubling down repeatedly is why Phil has to delete these threads. (Which is where this one is going again). Which is also totally diminishing what you are attempting to say.

Don't play the person debate the issue as you see it. No need to get personal no matter what you think someone is saying on the interweb.
GONE on 04:35 - Jul 1 with 594 viewsitfcjoe

GONE on 23:14 - Jun 30 by monytowbray

As I said, called out by you and Darth.

If I were to offer you some ‘frank and firm advice’ it would be that people can read the same things as you, educate themselves on a subject and still come to a different position to you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 6:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024