Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder 11:52 - Jun 30 with 1614 viewsBonneNIL

We need a forward which is a definite improvement on Bonne/Norwood and someone to replace Celina. I am not convinced that the players we have brought in so far are an improvement on those 3 so far. We also desperately need cover at centre half.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 1340 viewsSTYG

Does it need another post saying you don't feel like Ladapo, Leigh and Ball are upgrades, when the rest of TWTD have quite clearly provided evidence to show that they are?
I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 1335 viewsMediocre_Quick

Chaplin will do just fine as a Celina replacement, I think what we ideally need is a backup to him, or blood one of the youngsters in that role

A striker is definitely needed, along with maybe another CM & LWB
I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 1325 viewsFixed_It

'Desperately need cover at centre-half'?! Err - really?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:56 - Jun 30 with 1307 viewsKeno

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:54 - Jun 30 by Fixed_It

'Desperately need cover at centre-half'?! Err - really?

We have

Wolfe
The Fridge
Janoi Jane
Guy the Spy
Bildo Baggott
The Street

How many more do we need?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:57 - Jun 30 with 1291 viewshype313

Why aren't you convinced?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:00 - Jun 30 with 1272 viewsKieran_Knows

We haven't replaced Celina yet though.

No doubt we're still in for at least another LB/LWB and Celina/someone similar.

Anyone else coming in will be dependent on players leaving I reckon (e.g, Hladky & Pigott).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 1202 viewsDyland

Do you giggle every time someone bothers responding to essentially the same post, day after day? Odd behaviour, even if you're twelve.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:15 - Jun 30 with 1183 viewsSTYG

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:12 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Do you giggle every time someone bothers responding to essentially the same post, day after day? Odd behaviour, even if you're twelve.

I, on the other hand, do giggle when I give him the same reply he keeps choosing to ignore.

1) Ladapo scored more goals than Bonne and Norwood in a team that scored just three goals more. Bonne scored 4 after Christmas and Norwood scored 1. Ladapo scored a lot more. He's an upgrade and he even suits McKenna's system better than the other two.

2) Ball is a massive upgrade on Bakinson. 100 games in 3 years in the Championship, his role is exactly what we needed. Upgrade.

3) Leigh was the 4th best full back statistically in the division. None of the ones that played for us were close to that. Upgrade.

But I'm sure he will post his concerns again tomorrow.
Login to get fewer ads

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 1148 viewsjeera

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:12 - Jun 30 by Dyland

I'm not convinced he's this side of the border to be honest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:27 - Jun 30 with 1123 viewsDyland

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:19 - Jun 30 by jeera

I'm not convinced he's this side of the border to be honest.

I don't know about that Jeerers, let's take posters at face value. And for the record, 'even if you're twelve' was meant 'even if one is twelve'.

I'm very sensitive and thoughtful, innit ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:34 - Jun 30 with 1091 viewsitfcjoe

Ladapo leaves Championship Rotherham to sign for a top League 1 club.

Norwood leave a top League 1 club to sign for a bottom end League 1 club.

Do you think Ladapo is an upgrade on Norwood?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:50 - Jun 30 with 1016 viewswkj

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:57 - Jun 30 by hype313

Why aren't you convinced?

He's already stated that all the signings we've made are not an improvement on who they're replacing, which is impressive considering we've not seen them play.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 12:59]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:55 - Jun 30 with 990 viewsIllinoisblue

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:34 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

Ladapo leaves Championship Rotherham to sign for a top League 1 club.

Norwood leave a top League 1 club to sign for a bottom end League 1 club.

Do you think Ladapo is an upgrade on Norwood?

Don’t try and dazzle budgie Bonne with facts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 13:05 - Jun 30 with 922 viewsitfcsuth

we aren't going to overload the squad, a core group of players is always the best option in my opinion.

Have 5 centre forwards who may be competing for 1 position sounds crazy to me. I feel Ladapo will be our main number 9, with TJJ & Jackson the alternatives.

We have JD, Woolfenden, Edmundson, Burgess, Ndaba & the versatility of Leigh at CB, to say we are in desperate need of CB cover isn't true.

We need a Celina replacement, and then with no exits, I feel it will likely be squad complete.
I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 13:24 - Jun 30 with 865 viewsjeera

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:27 - Jun 30 by Dyland

I don't know about that Jeerers, let's take posters at face value. And for the record, 'even if you're twelve' was meant 'even if one is twelve'.

I'm very sensitive and thoughtful, innit ffs.

It's PC gone mad that is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 13:56 - Jun 30 with 799 viewsMediocre_Quick

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 12:00 - Jun 30 by Kieran_Knows

We haven't replaced Celina yet though.

No doubt we're still in for at least another LB/LWB and Celina/someone similar.

Anyone else coming in will be dependent on players leaving I reckon (e.g, Hladky & Pigott).

Still convinced Chappers is the perfect replacement for Celina, and we have enough talented youngsters in that role in the U23's, worth giving them a go
I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 14:49 - Jun 30 with 718 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 14:55 - Jun 30 with 693 viewsSTYG

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 13:56 - Jun 30 by Mediocre_Quick

Still convinced Chappers is the perfect replacement for Celina, and we have enough talented youngsters in that role in the U23's, worth giving them a go

With Chaplin being left footed, I do wonder whether there's merit in Chaplin on the left, Ladapo in the centre and then Edwards / Aluko on the right.

Chaplin seems to have been played as this inverted winger / number 10 at other clubs but feel like he could be lethal in that space between LWB and CF picking the ball up, putting balls across the box and taking on shots and Edwards and Aluko can do so on the right.

Edwards is deemed to be a LF and Chaplin a RF based on previous clubs, so even swapping the two should work if we want to have the WB's overlapping to put balls in and allow those two to cut inside and shoot.

Feels set up to go with

Walton
Donacien Woolfenden Edmundson
Burns Morsy Ball Leigh
Aluko Ladapo Chaplin

I would be very happy with that if we don't add anyone.

Gives you Hladky, KVY, Humphries, Evans, Edwards, Jackson and John-Jules, plus Ndaba, Baggott, Penney and Hughes even if Harper and El Mizouni went out on loan.

That's a lot of options for a lot of formations and good coverage to change every aspect of the game. Let Edwards win a place off Aluko or rotate those two.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 14:58]
I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 14:58 - Jun 30 with 673 viewsOwainG1992

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 11:56 - Jun 30 by Keno

We have

Wolfe
The Fridge
Janoi Jane
Guy the Spy
Bildo Baggott
The Street

How many more do we need?

Which is Ndaba and which is Burgess? 😂

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:00 - Jun 30 with 666 viewsKeno

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 14:58 - Jun 30 by OwainG1992

Which is Ndaba and which is Burgess? 😂

If Nsiala still payed for us we could have had Dorothys Dog

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:02 - Jun 30 with 661 viewsKropotkin123

((18+14+11)÷(45+31+31))×46* = 18.49 goals if playing 46 games.

Why don't you see Ladapo as an upgrade?

*These are Ladapo's stats from his past 3 League 1 seasons. The stats I used did not differentiate between starts and subs.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:03 - Jun 30 with 652 viewsBiGDonnie

You really are reaching frimley levels and fast become one of the worst posters on here. Get a grip.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:07 - Jun 30 with 631 viewsKieran_Knows

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 13:56 - Jun 30 by Mediocre_Quick

I think he'll want someone else in there, he played with 2 no.10s at times behind the striker, so whether its Celina or another, I can see someone else signing to play there.

Who do we have in the under 23's who's ready to step up? Hughes will go out on loan from what I've heard, and looks like Dobra is off as well. Other than Chiwera, nobody else springs to mind.

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:09 - Jun 30 with 625 viewsKeno

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:07 - Jun 30 by Kieran_Knows

I think he'll want someone else in there, he played with 2 no.10s at times behind the striker, so whether its Celina or another, I can see someone else signing to play there.

Who do we have in the under 23's who's ready to step up? Hughes will go out on loan from what I've heard, and looks like Dobra is off as well. Other than Chiwera, nobody else springs to mind.

Aluko?

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:11 - Jun 30 with 622 viewsKieran_Knows

I would like to see us sign another forward and midfielder on 15:09 - Jun 30 by Keno

Aluko?

Forgot about him (no idea how), so he's another option. Still can see someone signing in that area though, again, whether that's Celina or another.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024