Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. 11:52 - Jun 30 with 1736 viewsFixed_It

Have we discussed this yet? It is unclear whether there was a skateboard involved at all - but lets assume there was!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 1453 viewsWD19

Harsh I thought. Her son isn't even 30 until next month.
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 1443 viewswaveneyblue

Was it with a baby or a grown adult - I think this is crucial information to be able to discuss matters properly.

For the purpose of keeping this down to less than 10 pages, lets assume NO skateboards were involved.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 12:09]
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 11:55 - Jun 30 with 1441 viewsIllinoisblue

Needs more of an angle. 3 pages at most for this one.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 11:57 - Jun 30 with 1425 viewsKeno

would it have been ok in a Tesco car park?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 11:59 - Jun 30 with 1413 viewsFixed_It

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 11:55 - Jun 30 by Illinoisblue

Needs more of an angle. 3 pages at most for this one.

Clearly she isn't bringing the child up to be vegan. Discuss.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:10 - Jun 30 with 1375 viewsBrianTablet

It's a tabloid distraction from Private Eye exposing a right tit in the House of Commons.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 1360 viewsSouperJim

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:10 - Jun 30 by BrianTablet

It's a tabloid distraction from Private Eye exposing a right tit in the House of Commons.

Banned that too:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61987339

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:18 - Jun 30 with 1341 viewsjeera

You need to start putting links to these things Fixers!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sainsburys-mother-breastfeed-publ

But yes, according to this she was in her car too and even had the extra modesty to cover up, not there would be any reason for people to stop and stare in the first place.

Strange attitude for anyone to have and even more surprising as it is claimed to have been a woman, who you'd think might have a bit understanding than say some spotty kid hired to clear up the trollies or something.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 1334 viewsBogblue

Was the mum a trans?
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:24 - Jun 30 with 1315 viewsSouperJim

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:18 - Jun 30 by jeera

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sainsburys-mother-breastfeed-publ

But yes, according to this she was in her car too and even had the extra modesty to cover up, not there would be any reason for people to stop and stare in the first place.

Strange attitude for anyone to have and even more surprising as it is claimed to have been a woman, who you'd think might have a bit understanding than say some spotty kid hired to clear up the trollies or something.

Clearly just one nutjob who happens to work for Sainsbury's, the headline looks terrible for them but what confused me the most, is why was she paying so much attention as to hector a woman breastfeeding inside her own car, out in the car park? Just very odd.

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:27 - Jun 30 with 1305 viewsNthQldITFC

That must have been quite embarrassing for you both.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:29 - Jun 30 with 1294 viewsCrockerITFC

Good, it's discriminatory to all mothers who don't have breasts
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:32 - Jun 30 with 1276 viewstextbackup

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:29 - Jun 30 by CrockerITFC

Good, it's discriminatory to all mothers who don't have breasts

you mean birthing parent.... please

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:32 - Jun 30 with 1276 viewsFixed_It

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:27 - Jun 30 by NthQldITFC

That must have been quite embarrassing for you both.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:35 - Jun 30 with 1261 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure why this is news. Should be dealt with by management at the store.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:40 - Jun 30 with 1244 viewsSouperJim

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:35 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

Not sure why this is news. Should be dealt with by management at the store.

To hold a mirror up to society and challenge those who have ridiculous discriminatory views, such as this sainsburys employee. This is the press actually doing some good for me.

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:29 - Jun 30 with 1155 viewseastangliaisblue

Someone is itching to get that 20 pager.
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:30 - Jun 30 with 1149 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Isn’t the correct term now “chest-feeding” rather than “breast-feeding”?

Genuine question as I knew I’d read that somewhere.
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:34 - Jun 30 with 1121 viewsBloomBlue

Was she sitting in her car with the door open? Really annoys me when people leave the door open for ages especially if it's stopping you getting into the only available free space in the car park.
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:39 - Jun 30 with 1096 viewsjeera

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:34 - Jun 30 by BloomBlue

Was she sitting in her car with the door open? Really annoys me when people leave the door open for ages especially if it's stopping you getting into the only available free space in the car park.

Let's assume no rather than yes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:42 - Jun 30 with 1080 viewsSTYG

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:40 - Jun 30 by SouperJim

To hold a mirror up to society and challenge those who have ridiculous discriminatory views, such as this sainsburys employee. This is the press actually doing some good for me.

I have no issue with this because, as you say, the press is doing good. In this case it's about educating people.

Some people are idiots and others are uneducated. In this case it should come down to educating the individual involved who probably has some ridiculous, uneducated view you can just feed a baby before you to the supermarket and doesn't understand it doesn't work like then a baby decides it's hungry.

There is a place for challenging things. Most days I see a bloke in his work van, in shorts and t-shirt parking in the parent and child spaces when I pop in to get my lunch. Now the bloke doesn't have a child with him, so I feel it would be fair to challenge him. But is it my place? Shouldn't the staff do this as it's a regular thing?

I saw a video a couple of days back about a bloke parked in a disabled bay and someone stopped to challenge it and his wife showed his blue badge and he lifted his trouser leg up to show he had a prosthetic limb. Should people that don't look disabled be challenged in that way? I don't think so. People have all sorts of disabilities, but at least wait until they've popped into the shop and failed to display a blue badge if you must.

There are things we need to challenge and in a way I don't have an issue with people that challenge stuff they think could cause offence, but then, if they are educated that a woman is entitled to breastfeed wherever she wants and if other people get offended, that's because they are idiots, then that is fine. But if this person is an idiot themselves and decides it's not right, then they rightly need to know their position is moronic and be dealt with.

The papers promoting this fact to others who may not be aware is a good thing as it surely helps some uneducated people realise what is and is not acceptable here.
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:47 - Jun 30 with 1057 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 12:18 - Jun 30 by jeera

That’s piss poor. And a female member of staff too. The stupidity of some people is beyond words.

New mums need all the help they can get to support breast feeding, and we all need to drop any taboos around this. There’s a huge amount of work going into encouraging mums to breast feed and the last thing they need is some numpty putting them off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:54 - Jun 30 with 1026 viewsSkip_Intro

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:42 - Jun 30 by STYG

I have no issue with this because, as you say, the press is doing good. In this case it's about educating people.

Some people are idiots and others are uneducated. In this case it should come down to educating the individual involved who probably has some ridiculous, uneducated view you can just feed a baby before you to the supermarket and doesn't understand it doesn't work like then a baby decides it's hungry.

There is a place for challenging things. Most days I see a bloke in his work van, in shorts and t-shirt parking in the parent and child spaces when I pop in to get my lunch. Now the bloke doesn't have a child with him, so I feel it would be fair to challenge him. But is it my place? Shouldn't the staff do this as it's a regular thing?

I saw a video a couple of days back about a bloke parked in a disabled bay and someone stopped to challenge it and his wife showed his blue badge and he lifted his trouser leg up to show he had a prosthetic limb. Should people that don't look disabled be challenged in that way? I don't think so. People have all sorts of disabilities, but at least wait until they've popped into the shop and failed to display a blue badge if you must.

There are things we need to challenge and in a way I don't have an issue with people that challenge stuff they think could cause offence, but then, if they are educated that a woman is entitled to breastfeed wherever she wants and if other people get offended, that's because they are idiots, then that is fine. But if this person is an idiot themselves and decides it's not right, then they rightly need to know their position is moronic and be dealt with.

The papers promoting this fact to others who may not be aware is a good thing as it surely helps some uneducated people realise what is and is not acceptable here.

A few years ago someone parked in a disabled spot outside a hairdresser's next to a pub that I sometimes frequent.
The driver got out of the car and had no 'visible' disability - the hairdresser was on him instantly and told him very aggressively that he was in a disabled bay and shouldn't park there.
The bloke pulled up his trousers to show her 2 prosthetic legs and said 'is that ******* disabled enough for you love?!'
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 14:02 - Jun 30 with 996 viewsSTYG

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:54 - Jun 30 by Skip_Intro

A few years ago someone parked in a disabled spot outside a hairdresser's next to a pub that I sometimes frequent.
The driver got out of the car and had no 'visible' disability - the hairdresser was on him instantly and told him very aggressively that he was in a disabled bay and shouldn't park there.
The bloke pulled up his trousers to show her 2 prosthetic legs and said 'is that ******* disabled enough for you love?!'

My parents are disabled and, despite not looking it, nobody would challenge it because of their age.

But if they forgot to pop their blue badge in the windscreen and challenged them, I'm sure they'd be fine with that, not wanting a ticket, and would return to the car to make sure it was displayed.

Surely this is how such people should challenge these things? The number of people that are reported as approaching people whilst still in the car, when you are yet to see if they have a badge to display, seems ridiculous.

I get that 50 years ago more disabled people looked disabled because they didn't have prosthetics or hadn't had corrective surgery but surely people now must realise people can have cancer or a brain injury or be wearing a stoma etc. What would possess you to go up to someone before you could determine if they were likely holding a blue badge and challenge them, when the likeliness is they have enough sh*t to deal with!
Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 14:08 - Jun 30 with 975 viewsSouperJim

Mum told to stop breastfeeding in a Sainsbury's carpark. on 13:42 - Jun 30 by STYG

Great post, it's about social responsibility isn't it. Not all disabilities are visible and personally I would never challenge someone using a disabled bay, badge or no, I would just hope that anybody using one actually needed a space as near to the entrance as possible and wasn't just being a lazy bumhole. I would advocate people just being kind to each other. We've all had a bit of a crisis from time to time and you never know what is going on in someone else's life that might mean they act outside of the norm.

Also, not defending those van drivers who park where they shouldn't for one instant, but it would be nice if car parks in general began to adapt to the differing size of modern vehicles. Some spaces are ridiculously small and if you need to drive a larger vehicle, it can make parking extremely challenging.

On a related topic, did you know that any tom dick or harry can buy a radar key on amazon for a few quid and be able to access disabled toilets? Great if you actually need one, but very open to abuse.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 14:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024