Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... 11:03 - Jul 1 with 1761 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...but the almost 50 year old me reflects that this is probably a good thing.

After last off season's conveyor belt approach that felt more like supermarket sweep than an actual transfer market strategy at times, I'm convincing myself that a lot more cautious approach means spending money wisely and only on the right players.

I hope.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:32 - Jul 1 with 1657 viewsButterbing

Are you going to post a variation on this every day until we sign somebody? Please find a hobby.
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:42 - Jul 1 with 1606 viewsibbleobble

You’re nearly 50!!? How are you this easily bored / amused!?
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:44 - Jul 1 with 1594 viewsJakeITFC

It is July 1st mate, don't worry about it.
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 1584 viewsKieran_Knows

Why are you frustrated though? We were clearly never going to have another summer like last years. It was about adding quality to what we already have. Other than a LB/LWB and Celina/another, I can't see us signing anyone else unless somebody leaves (e.g Hladky & Pigott).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 1551 viewsclive_baker

Blimey

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:59 - Jul 1 with 1515 viewsEwan_Oozami

Posted before but relevant again here I think:

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:59 - Jul 1 with 1513 viewsmarkchips

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:47 - Jul 1 by Kieran_Knows

Why are you frustrated though? We were clearly never going to have another summer like last years. It was about adding quality to what we already have. Other than a LB/LWB and Celina/another, I can't see us signing anyone else unless somebody leaves (e.g Hladky & Pigott).

Spot on, I don't think the money is there within the budget . Lots spent on wages I would expect so we may well end up with a couple of late loans to fluff out the squad and not much else.

The yanks will expect results this year or heads will roll. they are not in this for fun.
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:06 - Jul 1 with 1492 viewsKieran_Knows

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:59 - Jul 1 by markchips

Spot on, I don't think the money is there within the budget . Lots spent on wages I would expect so we may well end up with a couple of late loans to fluff out the squad and not much else.

The yanks will expect results this year or heads will roll. they are not in this for fun.

I think money is there, and will be spent if need be. We've just managed to acquire 3 good players on frees (albeit Ladapo and Ball will probably be up there as high earners in League 1) and a very decent loan signing (who will not be cheap at all) in John-Jules.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:07 - Jul 1 with 1487 viewsJ2BLUE

YOU ARE ALMOST 50?!?!?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:28 - Jul 1 with 1414 viewsTractorCam

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 11:32 - Jul 1 by Butterbing

Are you going to post a variation on this every day until we sign somebody? Please find a hobby.

Thought I was experiencing deja vu, 3 days running!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:31 - Jul 1 with 1394 viewsGeoffSentence

Tell us more about this excited kid. Should we be getting the police involved?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:35 - Jul 1 with 1366 viewsSkip_Intro

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:31 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

Tell us more about this excited kid. Should we be getting the police involved?

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:37 - Jul 1 with 1350 viewsOriginalMarkyP

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 12:07 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

YOU ARE ALMOST 50?!?!?

49. 50 this year. Spectacularly well educated. Successful and talented.

Modest too.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 15:30 - Jul 1 with 1167 viewsBonneNIL

I am concerned myself, I was hoping to see us improve on Norwood/Bonne and bring in a Celina standard player to replace him. The frees and loans so far haven't suggested we have replaced any of them at all. We also need cover at the back as we are an injury away from a problem.

I am not sure Lapados 15 goals will be enough to take us above 11th, we need some firepower in there.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 15:44 - Jul 1 with 1115 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 15:56 - Jul 1 with 1091 viewsSTYG

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 15:30 - Jul 1 by BonneNIL

I am concerned myself, I was hoping to see us improve on Norwood/Bonne and bring in a Celina standard player to replace him. The frees and loans so far haven't suggested we have replaced any of them at all. We also need cover at the back as we are an injury away from a problem.

I am not sure Lapados 15 goals will be enough to take us above 11th, we need some firepower in there.

You're concerned?

Holy Why Don't You Mention It Yet Again, Batman!
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 16:25 - Jul 1 with 1004 viewsdirtyboy

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 15:30 - Jul 1 by BonneNIL

You haven't made that known before...perhaps start a thread?
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 17:26 - Jul 1 with 923 viewsjaykay

so you were6 when sir bob spent a fortune on our cup winning side. filled with all them big signings cooper, hunter mariner and err perhaps not

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 21:44 - Jul 1 with 779 viewsStewart27

It’s pretty hard to replace Norwood and Bonne’s goals under McKenna.
The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 23:04 - Jul 1 with 708 viewsSwansea_Blue

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 21:44 - Jul 1 by Stewart27

It’s pretty hard to replace Norwood and Bonne’s goals under McKenna.

I make it 5 goals between them in the 24 league games McKenna took charge. A goal each every 10 games. Shouldn’t be the most difficult problem we face this year, should it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The excited kid in me is frustrated by the quietness on the transfer front... on 05:35 - Jul 2 with 625 viewsPioneerBlue

You have up to 2 months to wait with the TW closing 01 Sept. The squad is in place, we have at least 2 players in all positions. The only thing now is improving what we have if the opportunity arises but it likely requires a player or 2 out on loan or to be sold based on EFl squad rules.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024