Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 17:00 - Jul 1 with 2363 viewsSitfcB

Scott Mills replacing, horrendous move.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 17:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:04 - Jul 1 with 2308 viewsSTYG

It's all about Greatest Hits Radio anyway.

They already have Simon Mayo on Drivetime with confessions. Bet you that Wright will be heading over there soon.

Much better anyway. It's all the same music, but the originals rather than the remixes of today.
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:45 - Jul 1 with 2040 viewsBlueBadger

Whilst Mills is desperately, desperately bland, Wright is plain awful.Retreading the same schtick he was running with in the 80s. That wasn't funny then, either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:49 - Jul 1 with 2016 viewsjontysnut

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:45 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

Whilst Mills is desperately, desperately bland, Wright is plain awful.Retreading the same schtick he was running with in the 80s. That wasn't funny then, either.

He's a big old boy these days.
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:52 - Jul 1 with 1993 viewsElderGrizzly

Surprised they kept him on after all the murdery stuff
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:55 - Jul 1 with 1977 viewsBlueBadger

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 17:49 - Jul 1 by jontysnut

He's a big old boy these days.

And what about Steve Wright?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 18:12 - Jul 1 with 1922 viewsSWGF

Needs to have a word with his manager, Sid.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:20 - Jul 1 with 1771 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Does this mean no more jockin?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:37 - Jul 1 with 1744 viewsgtsb1966

What has it got to do with your posting history?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 19:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:38 - Jul 1 with 1741 viewsSitfcB

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:20 - Jul 1 by BlueandTruesince82

Does this mean no more jockin?

Will be available still on the sounds app.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:39 - Jul 1 with 1735 viewsSwansea_Blue

Scott Mills was the deciding factor for me giving up on R1. But to be fair to the fella he was covering for Ken Bruce a bit back and he was surprisingly tolerable - I preferred him to Bruce.

An extra hour of Sarah Cox and Scott Mills is a hard sell though. Not that I’m that bothered, I don’t normally listen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:42 - Jul 1 with 1706 viewsjeera

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:39 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

Scott Mills was the deciding factor for me giving up on R1. But to be fair to the fella he was covering for Ken Bruce a bit back and he was surprisingly tolerable - I preferred him to Bruce.

An extra hour of Sarah Cox and Scott Mills is a hard sell though. Not that I’m that bothered, I don’t normally listen.

Mills has been around for as long as I can remember.

Mind you, so has Wright.

How old are these people for goodness' sake?

Is there a lack of people wanting to go into the business or are there so many stations/channels now that the pool is ridiculously watered down leaving only the same few wanting to work at these mainstream positions?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:54 - Jul 1 with 1670 viewsWonky

Anyone remember, Captain Fishy, and his (ahem) fishy fingers?.
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:59 - Jul 1 with 1661 viewsSwansea_Blue

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:42 - Jul 1 by jeera

Mills has been around for as long as I can remember.

Mind you, so has Wright.

How old are these people for goodness' sake?

Is there a lack of people wanting to go into the business or are there so many stations/channels now that the pool is ridiculously watered down leaving only the same few wanting to work at these mainstream positions?

You’ve made me Google now.

Steve Wright is 67! I didn’t realise that, but it makes sense. He was making waves on R1 in the early 90s.

Scott Mills 49. So I suppose he’s the right age to move across to R2.

This is making me feel old

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 20:22 - Jul 1 with 1608 viewsjeera

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 19:59 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

You’ve made me Google now.

Steve Wright is 67! I didn’t realise that, but it makes sense. He was making waves on R1 in the early 90s.

Scott Mills 49. So I suppose he’s the right age to move across to R2.

This is making me feel old

Scott Mills is only 49?

I thought he must be 70.

He always seemed inoffensive to me, and for a number of years appeared to be the 'go-to' back-up when someone like the usual headliners were off air for whatever reasons: holidays, illness...

Solid, reliable, even if unspectacular.

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:35 - Jul 1 with 1536 viewsdickie

It was that God awful show that had me moving to 5 live in the car
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:44 - Jul 1 with 1509 viewsCoastalblue

I've just had 6 weeks spending 12 hours a day in a work vehicle that could literally only offer Radio 2 in terms of entertainment. In the hours when I didn't drive in silence I heard a fair bit of Steve Wright, and yes, you're right, he's presenting the same show he did in about 1983, just with different songs.

In fact you could probably play a recording of one of his R1 shows and edit in newer songs and nobody would notice. Maybe they have? Maybe he doesn't really work any more?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:51 - Jul 1 with 1500 viewsjeera

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:44 - Jul 1 by Coastalblue

I've just had 6 weeks spending 12 hours a day in a work vehicle that could literally only offer Radio 2 in terms of entertainment. In the hours when I didn't drive in silence I heard a fair bit of Steve Wright, and yes, you're right, he's presenting the same show he did in about 1983, just with different songs.

In fact you could probably play a recording of one of his R1 shows and edit in newer songs and nobody would notice. Maybe they have? Maybe he doesn't really work any more?

With the biggest problem being he's not even aiming it at a new audience as it's the same people who have grown too old for Radio 1 who have moved over to Radio 2 hoping for/anticipating something different.

It's all just shifted together as a package.

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:56 - Jul 1 with 1484 viewsCoastalblue

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:51 - Jul 1 by jeera

With the biggest problem being he's not even aiming it at a new audience as it's the same people who have grown too old for Radio 1 who have moved over to Radio 2 hoping for/anticipating something different.

It's all just shifted together as a package.

You're absolutely right, I was amazed a couple of weeks ago to hear the Ooooh Gary Davis jingle, followed by, Gary fecking Davis.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 22:31 - Jul 1 with 1422 viewsstopmoaning

Scott mills isn’t great, but Steve Wright is truly awful, it’s embarrassing how bad he is.
Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 22:34 - Jul 1 with 1411 viewsRadlett_blue

67 year old DJ is told it's time to move on.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 22:53 - Jul 1 with 1378 viewsSwansea_Blue

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 22:31 - Jul 1 by stopmoaning

Scott mills isn’t great, but Steve Wright is truly awful, it’s embarrassing how bad he is.

I’m a bit surprised by how many people on here say he’s bad. He’s far better than Mills and fits that drive time slot well imo. All down to personal taste I suppose, but for me more of Sarah Cox plus Mills is a definite downgrade.

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 07:28 - Jul 2 with 1201 viewsGlasgowBlue

I used to like his show in the mid eighties but he gets right on my tits these days when he continually sings over the top of songs he is playing.

Scott Mills is pretty bland though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 07:33 - Jul 2 with 1186 viewsGlasgowBlue

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 21:44 - Jul 1 by Coastalblue

Although I don’t think He’d get away with ‘Gervais the hairdresser’ these days.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 08:08 - Jul 2 with 1127 viewsBLUEBEAT

Mr Angry from Purley will be furious.

Poll: W or W

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 09:00 - Jul 2 with 1079 viewsstopmoaning

Steve Wright going from Radio 2 on 22:53 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

I’m a bit surprised by how many people on here say he’s bad. He’s far better than Mills and fits that drive time slot well imo. All down to personal taste I suppose, but for me more of Sarah Cox plus Mills is a definite downgrade.

I just find it all very old, even his co presenters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024