Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shane Long.. 17:48 - Jul 1 with 1789 viewsRedX

Released by Southampton. Pushing on a bit at 35 now, but he’s still in great shape. Would he drop down to League One? He would torment any defense at this level.
Shane Long.. on 18:02 - Jul 1 with 1708 viewsEireannach_gorm

His only weapon was speed and that is now gone.

Shane Long.. on 18:07 - Jul 1 with 1683 viewsSuperblue95

Shane Long.. on 18:02 - Jul 1 by Eireannach_gorm

Pretty sure he’s been on the pi55 ever since that goal. He’s not done much since it.

Great moment though, can still remember celebrating watching it on TV

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Shane Long.. on 19:17 - Jul 1 with 1516 viewsVeggie

If Big Mick was still here he would be a shoo in
Shane Long.. on 19:50 - Jul 1 with 1417 viewsRedX

Shane Long.. on 18:02 - Jul 1 by Eireannach_gorm

How do you know his speed is gone? When have you last seen him play? I watched him last season and he’s in top condition.

The strongest part of his game has always been his strenght. He’d be fantastic in League One but I think there’ll be plenty Championship clubs in for him.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 19:52]
Shane Long.. on 19:52 - Jul 1 with 1397 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s more of a long ball in behind isn’t he? Not really our thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shane Long.. on 20:01 - Jul 1 with 1375 viewsfarkenhell

Funnily enough, I happened yesterday to listen in to a conversation between three Saints fans. One of them referred to him as "Shane Runaroundalong", which I thought was quite funny. They then debated how he has been able to pick up a wage for far too long for doing feck all, etc etc. I've always quite rated him, but these three were very disparaging.
Shane Long.. on 20:22 - Jul 1 with 1302 viewsChurchman

Never exactly Alan Shearer in his prime, he’s an old and cr** no mark who would be delighted at a pension payout, Evans style. I know, how about Daryl Murphy? Not much older than Long, guaranteed goals and mayhem, knows the club, what’s not to like? Could do a job.

I reckon we could get Emyr Hughes. Smashing player. Not old, plenty in the tank. Could do a job.

Chris Kiwomya
John Wark
Jonathan Douglas
Micky Stockwell
Jason De Vos

All available, played at a higher level, I’m sure they could all do a job. Even dear old Frank Yallop looked well the last time I saw him.

We left the has-been dregs behind, didn’t we? How about we look for people that might actually do something? People that McKenna might think fits with how he wants the team to play?
Shane Long.. on 22:07 - Jul 1 with 1160 viewsOsborneOneNil

Shane Long.. on 20:01 - Jul 1 by farkenhell

Funnily enough, I happened yesterday to listen in to a conversation between three Saints fans. One of them referred to him as "Shane Runaroundalong", which I thought was quite funny. They then debated how he has been able to pick up a wage for far too long for doing feck all, etc etc. I've always quite rated him, but these three were very disparaging.

They’re right, he’s pants.

Watch a fair bit of Southampton. His goal to games ratio is on a par with Skuse.
Login to get fewer ads

Shane Long.. on 00:16 - Jul 2 with 1018 viewsJ2BLUE

He would be an ideal signing on a 2 year deal with a salary of about £20k a week

...for whichever Championship club want to be the next Derby.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shane Long.. on 00:56 - Jul 2 with 986 viewsOsborneOneNil

Shane Long.. on 00:16 - Jul 2 by J2BLUE

He would be an ideal signing on a 2 year deal with a salary of about £20k a week

...for whichever Championship club want to be the next Derby.

1 goal in his first 20 games. Then gets his first ever serious injury and doesn’t play for the remainder of his contract.
Shane Long.. on 07:48 - Jul 2 with 805 viewsIpswichKnight

As Frankie Howard would say Nay Nay and thrice ye Nay. Under ME and the utter weaponised fraudsters he employed we’d undoubtedly offer him 4 years at 20k a week only for him to be injured for all of it.
Shane Long.. on 10:04 - Jul 2 with 683 viewsjudespiveyg

I don't want to return to the Paul Jewell recruitment strategy.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024