Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester season ticket prices 18:00 - Jul 1 with 2281 viewsgtsb1966

A mate of mine who's a Col U fan showed me their prices. I would hazard a guess they are one of , if not the most, expensive in L2. I'm trying to get my head around their logic for pricing how they have.
https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/Tickets/Resources/SeasonTicketPrices
Colchester season ticket prices on 18:07 - Jul 1 with 2213 viewsmonty_radio

That does seem quite expensive for a club of their recent pedigree and lack of purchasing power.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Colchester season ticket prices on 18:53 - Jul 1 with 2096 viewsIllinoisblue

Col Utd would have more fun being a competitive non-league club. They seem stuck in a miserable existence of a squad full of Ipswich old boys, playing in front of 2k crowds in a godawful soulless stadium.

* bookmarks own post for when they beat us in the league cup *

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Colchester season ticket prices on 20:22 - Jul 1 with 1877 viewsVeggie

It’s fantastic value to watch the best squad in League 1 in League 2
Colchester season ticket prices on 22:26 - Jul 1 with 1695 viewsSharkey

A quick look suggests there's quite a range, but Colchester are not particularly unusual. A fairly random look gave Tranmere 459, Grimsby 375, Harrogate 365, Swindon 350, Sutton 349, Orient 335, Barrow 338. Mansfield 325. (As I say, done quickly, but I think these tickets are the equivalent of Colchester's 325 ticket, which will get an adult seat behind the goal in the South Stand, which is the noisiest bit of the home support.)

By way of comparison Braintree, (National League south) is 270.

Who you think could justify the highest season ticket prices in League 2, and on what basis?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 22:44]
Colchester season ticket prices on 07:49 - Jul 2 with 1355 viewsIpswichKnight

Colchester season ticket prices on 18:53 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

Col Utd would have more fun being a competitive non-league club. They seem stuck in a miserable existence of a squad full of Ipswich old boys, playing in front of 2k crowds in a godawful soulless stadium.

* bookmarks own post for when they beat us in the league cup *

Taking it your looking forward to the 3-1 loss with goals from Chambers, Skuse and Judge!
Colchester season ticket prices on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 1199 viewsmonty_radio

Colchester season ticket prices on 22:26 - Jul 1 by Sharkey

A quick look suggests there's quite a range, but Colchester are not particularly unusual. A fairly random look gave Tranmere 459, Grimsby 375, Harrogate 365, Swindon 350, Sutton 349, Orient 335, Barrow 338. Mansfield 325. (As I say, done quickly, but I think these tickets are the equivalent of Colchester's 325 ticket, which will get an adult seat behind the goal in the South Stand, which is the noisiest bit of the home support.)

By way of comparison Braintree, (National League south) is 270.

Who you think could justify the highest season ticket prices in League 2, and on what basis?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 22:44]

Why is Tranmere such an outlier when, Barrow excluded, it's probably in the poorest area?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Colchester season ticket prices on 10:25 - Jul 2 with 1079 viewsSharkey

Colchester season ticket prices on 09:25 - Jul 2 by monty_radio

Why is Tranmere such an outlier when, Barrow excluded, it's probably in the poorest area?

It certainly does stand out. I double-checked it, and I've also checked a few more and 340-ish seems to be the norm. I think maybe there is actually quite a bit of money on parts of the Wirral. But maybe it's just that Tranmere still see themselves as at least a League 1 club and have continued to charge league 1 prices after what they consider to be their unfair relegation.
Colchester season ticket prices on 10:33 - Jul 2 with 1029 viewsxrayspecs

Colchester season ticket prices on 10:25 - Jul 2 by Sharkey

It certainly does stand out. I double-checked it, and I've also checked a few more and 340-ish seems to be the norm. I think maybe there is actually quite a bit of money on parts of the Wirral. But maybe it's just that Tranmere still see themselves as at least a League 1 club and have continued to charge league 1 prices after what they consider to be their unfair relegation.

There is a lot of wealth and poverty on the Wirrall.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/m53-divide-how-wirral-split-
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester season ticket prices on 11:15 - Jul 2 with 977 viewsStu_boy

Clubs in leagues 1 and 2 are more reliant on things such as gate receipts than premier league clubs so they need to charge what they deem fair and apprbut equally earn enough income to survive. This is a clear disparity between the top level and league 2 where premier league clubs get circa 100 mil in tv money

Talking of which it baffles me how i hear norwich havnt got much money yet theyve spent 2 out of the last 3 yrs in the prem, how have they got little money?
Colchester season ticket prices on 14:06 - Jul 2 with 825 viewsIllinoisblue

Colchester season ticket prices on 07:49 - Jul 2 by IpswichKnight

Taking it your looking forward to the 3-1 loss with goals from Chambers, Skuse and Judge!

You just know it will happen!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024