Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby going for it 20:07 - Jul 1 with 5503 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Some good free agents on that list.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Derby going for it on 20:12 - Jul 1 with 5002 viewsSTYG

Would be peak us to finish third behind Derby after they were given 81 years to find a buyer when the EFL couldn’t wait to finish off Bury and forced Bolton to play their Under 5’s.

They clearly make it up as they go along based on which clubs they fancy saving.

If Derby face no punishment this season it’ll be ridiculous.
Derby going for it on 20:25 - Jul 1 with 4907 viewsITFC_Jenx

Signing all those players with pre-season already underway with the expectation of immediately doing well in L1. I think I've seen this before.
Derby going for it on 20:33 - Jul 1 with 4829 viewsBig_Jase

There squad is going to look like ours first season in League 1, lots of ageing ex championship players, they will be flat track bullies but not much else.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Derby going for it on 20:33 - Jul 1 with 4820 viewsBent_double

Derby going for it on 20:25 - Jul 1 by ITFC_Jenx

Signing all those players with pre-season already underway with the expectation of immediately doing well in L1. I think I've seen this before.

Yeah, but that was us...if any other team tries it, they're promoted in May.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Derby going for it on 20:46 - Jul 1 with 4737 viewsSheffordBlue

Think they're still going to be under some restrictions from the EFL as per e.g Reading.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Derby going for it on 20:49 - Jul 1 with 4707 viewsChurchman

Derby going for it on 20:12 - Jul 1 by STYG

Would be peak us to finish third behind Derby after they were given 81 years to find a buyer when the EFL couldn’t wait to finish off Bury and forced Bolton to play their Under 5’s.

They clearly make it up as they go along based on which clubs they fancy saving.

Sorry, Derby are one of the country’s most important clubs. End of. Some clubs are above the rules.

Do you think if Abramovich had owned say Sheffield United rather than Chelsea they’d not have been shut down when the govt were forced to start shovelling some of their own mess? I do.
Derby going for it on 20:54 - Jul 1 with 4665 viewsStu_boy

Surely those players will want sizable wages, hourihane can surely get a championship club but havnt they got 5 contracted players or am i wrong? They''ll find league 1 is a headache to get out of
Derby going for it on 21:07 - Jul 1 with 4551 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby going for it on 20:46 - Jul 1 by SheffordBlue

Think they're still going to be under some restrictions from the EFL as per e.g Reading.

This. They aren’t allowed a free-hit out of administration by the EFL.

Break-even budget I believe in Year 1

Edit: confirmed here by EFL

“ As part of the conditions of continuing membership in the EFL, the Club, whilst remaining under a registration embargo, will be permitted to sign new players in accordance with the terms of a business plan.

The plan, which has been jointly agreed by the new ownership and the EFL, includes restrictions in respect of transfers fees, player wages and agents’ fees. Any application to register players must comply with the terms of those agreed plans”

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/07/efl-statement-derby-county-exit-administrati
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 21:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Derby going for it on 21:11 - Jul 1 with 4540 viewsElderGrizzly

Interesting take on this from one of their bloggers.

Celebrating having £150m wiped out and debt free. It’s obviously not that simple and of course plenty of local firms will have been screwed over by this.

Derby going for it on 21:22 - Jul 1 with 4355 viewsSitfcB

Derby going for it on 21:11 - Jul 1 by ElderGrizzly

Interesting take on this from one of their bloggers.

Celebrating having £150m wiped out and debt free. It’s obviously not that simple and of course plenty of local firms will have been screwed over by this.

Years of suffering? ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Derby going for it on 21:25 - Jul 1 with 4317 viewsChurchman

Derby going for it on 21:22 - Jul 1 by SitfcB

Years of suffering? ffs.

They’re entitled to be Premier League. In their view.

That sense of entitlement has irritated me for years. They used to be a good lot, Derby, once upon a time. Oh well.
Derby going for it on 21:28 - Jul 1 with 4287 viewsgtsb1966

Derby going for it on 20:12 - Jul 1 by STYG

Whilst I agree I don't understand the dislike now of Derby as a whole. At the end of the day the fans are the club and Derby have a great support base. They are the same fans as us. They dont have a say how their club is run but will turn up week after week. We never waved tenners did we.
Derby going for it on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 3479 viewsjayessess

Would be interested how far they can sign these players and still conform to the plan they just agreed with the EFL: https://www.efl.com/news/2022/july/efl-statement-derby-county-exit-administratio

Ostensibly they have to be break even on budget and any player registrations have to conform with whatever they've agreed with the EFL.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Derby going for it on 12:15 - Jul 2 with 3172 viewsxrayspecs

Barkhuizen is 28 and has been released by Preston, Hourihane is 31 and spent last two season on loan in Champ, Mendez Lang is 30 and has been released by Sheff W and Chester is 33 and released by Stoke.

Definitely adding experience but these are journeymen pros.
Derby going for it on 12:17 - Jul 2 with 3139 viewsxrayspecs

Derby going for it on 09:24 - Jul 2 by jayessess

Would be interested how far they can sign these players and still conform to the plan they just agreed with the EFL: https://www.efl.com/news/2022/july/efl-statement-derby-county-exit-administratio

Ostensibly they have to be break even on budget and any player registrations have to conform with whatever they've agreed with the EFL.

These are all free transfers and are older players, who I suspect are grateful for another contract.
Derby going for it on 12:36 - Jul 2 with 3021 viewsjayessess

Derby going for it on 12:17 - Jul 2 by xrayspecs

These are all free transfers and are older players, who I suspect are grateful for another contract.

Grateful is probably a bit strong? Hourihane's 31, Barkhuizen 28, Mendez-Laing 30, all would've had other offers.

But yeah, free agents dropping down from the Championship will be where you'd expect them to shop. I don't know where else people expected them to be recruiting from, even on a break even budget.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 13:05]

Derby going for it on 12:42 - Jul 2 with 2998 viewstractorboy1978

Derby going for it on 12:36 - Jul 2 by jayessess

Grateful is probably a bit strong? Hourihane's 31, Barkhuizen 28, Mendez-Laing 30, all would've had other offers.

But yeah, free agents dropping down from the Championship will be where you'd expect them to shop. I don't know where else people expected them to be recruiting from, even on a break even budget.

Be surprised if Hourihane doesn't have a better offer.
Derby going for it on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 2950 viewsjayessess

Derby going for it on 12:42 - Jul 2 by tractorboy1978

Yeah, some of these might be out of reach for them in any case.

You'd guess that they've probably got a budget somewhat similar to ours going into 2019-20. In their situation you'd probably try to spend a lot of your money on an experienced spine, even if you sacrifice a bit of squad depth.

If our Evans-era squad had been 20 players, rather than 30+ at times, we probably could've afforded more players at Hourihane's level...

Derby going for it on 13:01 - Jul 2 with 2918 viewsxrayspecs

Derby going for it on 12:36 - Jul 2 by jayessess

Have been told that new contracts in the championship are significantly lower than were on offer pre-Covid. Lots of out of contract players chasing far fewer contracts.
Derby going for it on 13:06 - Jul 2 with 2848 viewsxrayspecs

Derby going for it on 12:42 - Jul 2 by tractorboy1978

Hourihane spent the last couple of seasons on loan in championship at Sheff U and Swansea iirc, so you would think he could do a job but his age may count against him getting a long term contract.
Derby going for it on 20:32 - Jul 2 with 2305 viewsjayessess

Just signed Mendez-Laing, Joe Wildsmith and Tom Barkhuizen. That's two released by the 4th-best team in League One, one released by the 13th-best team in the Championship. About what you'd expect really?

Derby going for it on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 1881 viewsParisBlue

McGoldrick next?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/former-itfc-striker-linked-with-derby-

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Derby going for it on 18:54 - Jul 3 with 1538 viewsHARRY10

I would expect Derby to be there, or thereabouts, come May

And I am sure a way will be found to 'bend the rules' - and with an average gate of 20,000 they will have one of the highest budgets in L1.

However it will depend on who they appoint as manager - or do they stay with Rosenior
Derby going for it on 20:37 - Jul 3 with 1341 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby going for it on 18:54 - Jul 3 by HARRY10

I would expect Derby to be there, or thereabouts, come May

And I am sure a way will be found to 'bend the rules' - and with an average gate of 20,000 they will have one of the highest budgets in L1.

However it will depend on who they appoint as manager - or do they stay with Rosenior

Every signing has to be approved by the EFL, so they’ll struggle to bend the rules too much.

Can’t have any more than a break-even budget this season and I believe next too.
Derby going for it on 21:50 - Jul 3 with 1174 viewsHARRY10

Derby going for it on 20:37 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

Every signing has to be approved by the EFL, so they’ll struggle to bend the rules too much.

Can’t have any more than a break-even budget this season and I believe next too.

There are plenty of 'creative' ways of paying players

and I am not sure what you mean by break even

does that mean only spending the income of a club with 20,000 attendance figures, as does a club with 5,000

if so, that merely underlines my point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024