Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast 13:50 - Jul 2 with 3880 viewsVeggie

Some dynamite guests and Kieron Dyer co-hosting.

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:00 - Jul 2 with 2987 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else find they don’t really have time to sit down for an hour and a half to listen to these shows? Stat is getting some great guests for sure, but I just need a 5-min summary of the highlights and if anything earth shattering was said.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:03 - Jul 2 with 2970 viewsParisBlue

Indeed, I guess Kieron has the contacts so a few more to come?

Didzy next up?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 2964 viewsHullblue

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:00 - Jul 2 by Illinoisblue

Does anyone else find they don’t really have time to sit down for an hour and a half to listen to these shows? Stat is getting some great guests for sure, but I just need a 5-min summary of the highlights and if anything earth shattering was said.

I find they’re good for doing chores with - washing up or whatever. Actually makes me look forward to it. Life hack.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:10 - Jul 2 with 2957 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Its certainly well worth a listen.

Nors is full of praise for Hughes, Humphreys, Morsy and McKenna which is nice to hear.

I think its fairly clear that he and KD do not like Mark Ashton. But its a game of opinions I guess.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 2889 viewsDublinBlue84

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:10 - Jul 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nors is full of praise for Hughes, Humphreys, Morsy and McKenna which is nice to hear.

I think its fairly clear that he and KD do not like Mark Ashton. But its a game of opinions I guess.

All of Stats podcasts seem edited though, you can clearly see where parts have been edited out and stitched together when the pictures cut at times, it makes it feel less authentic than the other podcasts that do interviews.

Might be a good reason for it such as something they can't broadcast though or filtering out bad language though.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 2890 viewsRomeo4

I don’t think it’s Ashton’s role ‘to be liked’. The position he’s in and the decisions he takes means he’s bound to be un-liked by some.
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:19 - Jul 2 with 2870 viewsTheDailyTractor

This was my take aswell regarding Ashton. But great to hear about the praise for the youngsters captain and manager etc. Thats what I care about.

Really have alot of time for KOA, Blue Monday and Stat as some of these interviews have been excellent and flowed really quite well. Good to see KD too!
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:24 - Jul 2 with 2844 viewsSitfcB

Norwood hates Andy Rolls.

A town fan rang the police 3 times to make sure he got caught drink driving.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:26 - Jul 2 with 2797 viewsRegencyBlue

Ashton has one priority, which is the same as anyone in his position would have, to be effective.

If he can be liked whilst he’s doing it fine, if not too bad!

This club needed a major overhaul from top to bottom, on and off the pitch, after the years of neglect by Evans and that was always going to upset some.
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:27 - Jul 2 with 2766 viewsTrumptonBlue

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:24 - Jul 2 by SitfcB

Norwood was transfer listed without Cook's knowledge.
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:27 - Jul 2 with 2761 viewsGlasgowBlue

I do all of my podcast listening in the car.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:29 - Jul 2 with 2748 viewsitfcjoe

Try 2x speed, it’s well worth the effort

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:39 - Jul 2 with 2699 viewsMenton

If Ashton was my boss I wouldn’t like him either.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:51 - Jul 2 with 2651 viewsGarv

Good 90 mins that. Only real revelations are the details about his transfer listing under Cook and the issues with the performance team. The rest of the stuff about fans having got it completely wrong about him is old ground really.

Though it's been fairly common knowledge that he was always playing through injuries under Lambert it is shocking to learn how badly his situation was handled with surgery etc. It shows how much he was relied on - certainly during 2020/21 we only looked any good when he played, other options were Drinan, Hawkins and Jackson as lone strikers.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:00 - Jul 2 with 2573 viewsChurchman

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 14:39 - Jul 2 by Menton

If Ashton was my boss I wouldn’t like him either.

I’m not sure I would either, though I’d have to meet him to know that.

His job isn’t about being liked, is it? Surely it’s about getting the job done. Personally, back in the mists of time when I was managing people, it never entered my head whether people liked me or not. It was never a popularity contest.

Now whether he is respected is far more important as is his relationship with his direct reports, whether he’s straight or duplicitous - the latter is something I could never abide in people I worked for/with.

When alls said and done, it’s all about delivery. He’ll be gone pretty quickly if he doesn’t.
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:00 - Jul 2 with 2565 viewsIllinoisblue

See, that’s all I needed!

62 - 78 - 81

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:22 - Jul 2 with 2454 viewsjeera

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:00 - Jul 2 by Illinoisblue

See, that’s all I needed!

Although how would anyone know if someone had called the police 3 times?

Or has it been covered in the interview?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:23 - Jul 2 with 2446 viewsDJR

Given his physique in the latest ITFC training video, perhaps his nickname should be Sausage Rolls.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 15:24]
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:30 - Jul 2 with 2391 viewsMullet

There's been some good'uns lately. I enjoyed Stu Watson chatting to Ross about his career too even if it does sound like he's the curse behind our lack of success!

Should be some more good stuff coming soon and then we're back into the season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:33 - Jul 2 with 2376 viewsDJR

I listen to virtually all the KOA and Blue Monday podcasts, but they are rarely more than an hour. I tend to listen early in the morning before I get up as I wake early, or on the way to Portman Road. To be honest, I am less interested in interviews with former players and managers, and prefer the more general Town podcasts which don't just focus on one thing, so that I can dip in and out if necessary.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 15:34]
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:38 - Jul 2 with 2332 viewsIllinoisblue

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:22 - Jul 2 by jeera

Although how would anyone know if someone had called the police 3 times?

Or has it been covered in the interview?

So you’re saying I do need to listen to the pod? Damn

62 - 78 - 81

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:39 - Jul 2 with 2318 viewsjeera

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:38 - Jul 2 by Illinoisblue

And then let me know what happens.

Bullet points will do fine.

Thank you please.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:41 - Jul 2 with 2315 viewsVeggie

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:23 - Jul 2 by DJR

Given his physique in the latest ITFC training video, perhaps his nickname should be Sausage Rolls.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 15:24]

Underrated post. Every time he appears in one of those training videos in his shorts and T-shirt, I think why is he A) There and B) Dressed like that. He’s not a coach, he sorts out travel and stuff doesn’t he? He’s clearly Ashton’s ears on the ground (or is it eyes?).
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 15:42]
Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:45 - Jul 2 with 2270 viewsMullet

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:38 - Jul 2 by Illinoisblue

When I start mine you'll need to listen. To all four hours.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 16:20 - Jul 2 with 2138 viewsDJR

Rapidly becoming the best ITFC podcast on 15:41 - Jul 2 by Veggie

Underrated post. Every time he appears in one of those training videos in his shorts and T-shirt, I think why is he A) There and B) Dressed like that. He’s not a coach, he sorts out travel and stuff doesn’t he? He’s clearly Ashton’s ears on the ground (or is it eyes?).
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 15:42]

I think he's a qualified physio, and is Director of Performance. It's just a little strange for such a person, in such an environment, to be a bit portly. It doesn't really seem to set a good example, and to my mind is just as unusual as an overweight doctor. But as you say, perhaps he's there for other reasons. Still, with several weeks training to come, perhaps he can get into better shape, following what looks like a bit of excess in the close season.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 16:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024