Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich 15:21 - Jul 2 with 6014 viewsUppaTowen78

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 15:26 - Jul 2 with 4696 viewsLukePenningVGP

Anyone know the itfc scorer?
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 15:26 - Jul 2 with 4692 viewsGlasgowBlue

McKenna Out!!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 15:32 - Jul 2 with 4607 viewsMullet

Blimey the scorers alone suggest it was a decent side we faced! Don't spose Balogun fancies a loan does he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 15:37 - Jul 2 with 4508 viewsSweetman

McKenna, Ashton & chip n pin out.
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 15:53 - Jul 2 with 4238 viewsKeno

Do you think some posters will be underwhelmed by this?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:02 - Jul 2 with 4079 viewsLukePenningVGP

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 15:53 - Jul 2 by Keno

It would not surprise me knowing our fan-base, at least we scored a goal, I'm more focused on fitness and stuff for matches like this being at Loughborough and the forthcoming friendlies I'll pay more attention too.
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:05 - Jul 2 with 4027 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:02 - Jul 2 by LukePenningVGP

It would not surprise me knowing our fan-base, at least we scored a goal, I'm more focused on fitness and stuff for matches like this being at Loughborough and the forthcoming friendlies I'll pay more attention too.

Without knowing any details the score is meaningless. As Mullet points out, their list of goalscorers suggests it involved at least a few first team players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:06 - Jul 2 with 4019 viewsSitfcB

Aluko for us.

Very strong Arsenal side in the first half!

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/arsenal-vs-ipswich-town-pre-season-friendl

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:06 - Jul 2 with 4020 viewsHarryB

aluko scored for us
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:07 - Jul 2 with 3999 viewsSitfcB

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:05 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Without knowing any details the score is meaningless. As Mullet points out, their list of goalscorers suggests it involved at least a few first team players.

Very strong first half side

Arsenal first half: Leno, Bellerin, White, Mari, Cedric, Partey, Maitland-Niles, Lokonga, Pepe, Nketiah, Nelson.

Arsenal second half: Okonkwo, Walters, Kirk, Awe, Sousa, Smith, Oulad-M'Hand, Patino, Hutchinson, Balogun, Flores.

Town first half: Walton, Donacien, Ball, Ndaba, Vincent-Young, Harper, Morsy, Penney, Chaplin, Hughes (Armin), Ladapo.

Town second half: Hladky, Woolfenden, Burgess, Leigh, Burns, El Mizouni, Evans, Humphreys (Armin), Edwards, Aluko, Pigott.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:10 - Jul 2 with 3935 viewsStrimmer

From the town website report:

“Christian Walton produced a good double save in the 20th minute as he stopped Nketiah's header before improvising to clear the danger with his left leg as the striker looked to notch his and Arsenal's second on the rebound.”

I’ll take it. Good lad Christian

Poll: Was it a punch?

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:17 - Jul 2 with 3788 viewsDarth_Koont

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:07 - Jul 2 by SitfcB

Very strong first half side

Arsenal first half: Leno, Bellerin, White, Mari, Cedric, Partey, Maitland-Niles, Lokonga, Pepe, Nketiah, Nelson.

Arsenal second half: Okonkwo, Walters, Kirk, Awe, Sousa, Smith, Oulad-M'Hand, Patino, Hutchinson, Balogun, Flores.

Town first half: Walton, Donacien, Ball, Ndaba, Vincent-Young, Harper, Morsy, Penney, Chaplin, Hughes (Armin), Ladapo.

Town second half: Hladky, Woolfenden, Burgess, Leigh, Burns, El Mizouni, Evans, Humphreys (Armin), Edwards, Aluko, Pigott.

Second half, Leigh as LCB and Humphreys as LWB? Although first half looks like we played a back 4 so who knows.

Not that I’d read too much into a 5-1 loss in preseason to a good Arsenal squad but looks very experimental at the moment. And why not.

Pronouns: He/Him

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:18 - Jul 2 with 3776 viewsWeWereZombies

Of course, I mean we couldn't even keep old Sammy Nelson from scoring...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Good to see a strong Arsenal side, a good test (n/t) on 16:30 - Jul 2 with 3636 viewsunstableblue

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:58 - Jul 2 with 3462 viewsVeggie

I think they beat Norwich 5-0 last season, so we’re officially better than them.
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 17:59 - Jul 2 with 3248 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:17 - Jul 2 by Darth_Koont

Second half, Leigh as LCB and Humphreys as LWB? Although first half looks like we played a back 4 so who knows.

Not that I’d read too much into a 5-1 loss in preseason to a good Arsenal squad but looks very experimental at the moment. And why not.

I'm guessing from the reports of the first 2 games that Town have been playing 4-2-3-1. Would be interesting if that is how McKenna sees us next season. Think Burns was outstanding as a wing back last season so hope he is fine as one of the wide attackers. I'm sure McKenna will be more flexible about formations that the hapless Cook.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 18:30 - Jul 2 with 3126 viewsSwansea_Blue

BonneNIL arriving in 5,4,3…..

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 18:37 - Jul 2 with 3079 viewsbilllm

It's disgusting lol
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 18:40 - Jul 2 with 3062 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:58 - Jul 2 by Veggie

I think they beat Norwich 5-0 last season, so we’re officially better than them.

Better than the nodge side that embarrassed themselves in the Prem last season. Oh good. I think.

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 18:41 - Jul 2 with 3050 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 16:17 - Jul 2 by Darth_Koont

A suggestion we might use more than one formation depending on players available and who we are playing against?

Much to be said for one style of play and formation but there is also a lot to be said for having an effective plan B.

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 21:54 - Jul 2 with 2582 viewsportmanroadblue

Just seen the goals on Arsenal feed, Arsenal pressed well and we was second to the ball every time. Looked to me like heads dropped after conceding. Good lessons to be learnt for the players though. They showed our goal and two other chances we created, which was some good play.
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 07:09 - Jul 3 with 2206 viewsDJR

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 21:54 - Jul 2 by portmanroadblue

Just seen the goals on Arsenal feed, Arsenal pressed well and we was second to the ball every time. Looked to me like heads dropped after conceding. Good lessons to be learnt for the players though. They showed our goal and two other chances we created, which was some good play.

Yes, we couldn't cope with their pace, movement and pressing. The positives to draw are (1) there aren't players like that in Division 1 (2) our resources were spread over the two teams, whereas Arsenal front-loaded their teams, and won the first half 4-0 (3) we're only a week or so into training (4) the players have got valuable miles on the clock. Incidentally, the highlights show Burgess caught out on a couple of occasions, which makes me think we will look to offload him.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 7:46]
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 08:06 - Jul 3 with 1911 viewsDJR

Here's a link to the slightly longer highlights I came across.
Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 08:38 - Jul 3 with 1841 viewsunstableblue

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 08:06 - Jul 3 by DJR

Here's a link to the slightly longer highlights I came across.

Thanks for sharing.

Looked a bit leggy there; and Arsenal quicker and sharper. But difficult to tell from highlights.

Some real quality in that Arsenal line up.

Thought we might be the more switched on side, as I thought our pre-season started a week or two earlier.

Hoping for a closer game against West Ham.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich on 09:25 - Jul 3 with 1781 viewsSharkey

That pass for the second was exquisite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024