Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Statman interview and others. 10:55 - Jul 3 with 5708 viewsFrimleyBlue

Might just be me. But does anyone else prefer the interviews with much older ex players rather than recently annoyed ex coaches or let go players.

This is a forum and twitter is also a place where people have a good moan etc. But there's a hell of a lot of people who are loving the direction ITFC are going in... but I feel the latest podcast is just another of someone trying purposely cause a divide in an unnecessary way.

I know new players have their own minds and sure they could probably ring someone like Norwood to get his opinion. But surely its not great for the club to have a recent let go player pretty much calling those behind the scenes 2 faced etc etc.

Anyway just a mini morning moan. Not one to overly discuss tbh but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This Statman interview and others. on 11:09 - Jul 3 with 3542 viewsBobbychase

I'm a bit wary of that Podcast for the reasons you outline. If you are going to model yourself as the Statman - someone who spreads information and facts - it's then not a good look if your principle guests are disgruntled people who left the club recently and not people with the opposite view.

I also notice that Statman is happy to Tweet about there being no pathway to the first team for Academy players (his bugbear) when one of them leaves or we sign a loanee, but then there is tumbleweed when someone like Cameron Humphreys signs a new deal.

Don't set yourself up as the man who deals in facts, when you ignore the facts that are inconvenient to your argument.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

This Statman interview and others. on 11:23 - Jul 3 with 3499 viewsChrisd

This Statman interview and others. on 11:09 - Jul 3 by Bobbychase

I'm a bit wary of that Podcast for the reasons you outline. If you are going to model yourself as the Statman - someone who spreads information and facts - it's then not a good look if your principle guests are disgruntled people who left the club recently and not people with the opposite view.

I also notice that Statman is happy to Tweet about there being no pathway to the first team for Academy players (his bugbear) when one of them leaves or we sign a loanee, but then there is tumbleweed when someone like Cameron Humphreys signs a new deal.

Don't set yourself up as the man who deals in facts, when you ignore the facts that are inconvenient to your argument.

There’s having a pathway to the first team for younger players, but they also need to be good enough. We fall into the trap (me included at times) because they’ve come through our academy set up with its history of producing they must be the real deal which isn’t necessarily so. Nevertheless, Humphreys and Baggott both look like they are the first ones for a while to be considered genuine first team contenders. Really excited about these two and their potential.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This Statman interview and others. on 11:37 - Jul 3 with 3449 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Yes, I said similar in another thread. Both dyer and Norwood who clearly are unhappy with someone or another, but only their side of the story. It just seems unnecessary sh1t stirring. Stat himself has made it clear on Twitter that he isn’t overly happy with Ashton, just feels like these interviews fuel his thoughts.

I like his past player ones and Adam Atey. But do we really need Norwood saying he could ruin someone’s career, or things will come out in the wash in time?
This Statman interview and others. on 11:39 - Jul 3 with 3435 viewsHullblue

If the players and staff at our club are sensitive enough to let a little bit of moaning from someone who just got released affect them then we’re in for a long season.

Interesting to hear an alternative view to the relentless positivity about the new regime, though. Having said that it added to all my worst suspicions about Norwood - the stuff about not wearing a gps was so ego-based and childish. And the way he still doesn’t seem to understand that it doesn’t matter what people on twitter say.

I appreciate his efforts but we need people with a better attitude than that.

I think Statman is doing a brilliant job, to be honest.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

This Statman interview and others. on 11:42 - Jul 3 with 3418 viewsBobbychase

This Statman interview and others. on 11:39 - Jul 3 by Hullblue

If the players and staff at our club are sensitive enough to let a little bit of moaning from someone who just got released affect them then we’re in for a long season.

Interesting to hear an alternative view to the relentless positivity about the new regime, though. Having said that it added to all my worst suspicions about Norwood - the stuff about not wearing a gps was so ego-based and childish. And the way he still doesn’t seem to understand that it doesn’t matter what people on twitter say.

I'd say he was doing a "brilliant job" if he grilled Norwood about drink driving and his regret and the consequences that can have, and does have, on British roads every year.

Did he do that?

This Statman interview and others. on 11:49 - Jul 3 with 3387 viewsunstableblue

This Statman interview and others. on 11:42 - Jul 3 by Bobbychase

I'd say he was doing a "brilliant job" if he grilled Norwood about drink driving and his regret and the consequences that can have, and does have, on British roads every year.

Did he do that?

Looking forward to listening, and like statman.

But frankly if he doesn’t really challenge Norwood about his attitude and drink driving then the interview is a bit limited.

Statman seems to be aligned with KDs anti-new-regime stance… a stance that I hope is born out of Dyers immature and impractical view, then any deep set issues with Ashtons new team.

I do so hope McKenna, the chairman, and the investors are providing the perfect foil for Ashtons much documented red flags.

Criticism amongst the hype is needed, but such small margins in this project.

Man we need a good start to the season!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This Statman interview and others. on 11:53 - Jul 3 with 3367 viewsBobbychase

This Statman interview and others. on 11:49 - Jul 3 by unstableblue

But frankly if he doesn’t really challenge Norwood about his attitude and drink driving then the interview is a bit limited.

Statman seems to be aligned with KDs anti-new-regime stance… a stance that I hope is born out of Dyers immature and impractical view, then any deep set issues with Ashtons new team.

I do so hope McKenna, the chairman, and the investors are providing the perfect foil for Ashtons much documented red flags.

Spot on. He (Statman) seems to latch onto anyone who leaves the club under a cloud. Makes it hard to argue against people who say he has an agenda.

More than 16,000 season tickets sold, best for a decade. That's a stat. Did he Tweet about it? Doubt it.

This Statman interview and others. on 11:54 - Jul 3 with 3365 viewsHullblue

This Statman interview and others. on 11:42 - Jul 3 by Bobbychase

Did he do that?

Norwood essentially denied drink driving. What’s Statman supposed to say? “I don’t believe you James”? Would that be grilling?

He’s a fan with a podcast who’s managed to get several interviews that are more revealing than anything that can be found anywhere else - including on the EADT. That’s impressive, imo.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

This Statman interview and others. on 11:56 - Jul 3 with 3353 viewsBobbychase

This Statman interview and others. on 11:54 - Jul 3 by Hullblue

Norwood essentially denied drink driving. What’s Statman supposed to say? “I don’t believe you James”? Would that be grilling?

He’s a fan with a podcast who’s managed to get several interviews that are more revealing than anything that can be found anywhere else - including on the EADT. That’s impressive, imo.

He's a fan with a podcast who seems to concentrate on interviewing people who have recently left the club under a cloud.

James Norwood was found guilty of drink-driving. You don't get to say "I didn't do it".

Nobody is criticising him for having a podcast. It's what you do with your airtime that you get criticised for.

This Statman interview and others. on 12:03 - Jul 3 with 3301 viewsjayessess

This Statman interview and others. on 11:56 - Jul 3 by Bobbychase

He's a fan with a podcast who seems to concentrate on interviewing people who have recently left the club under a cloud.

James Norwood was found guilty of drink-driving. You don't get to say "I didn't do it".

Nobody is criticising him for having a podcast. It's what you do with your airtime that you get criticised for.

I thought Norwood's answer on the drink driving was pretty terrible, but I'm not sure what would've been achieved by pressing him on it.

I think you often learn a lot more from interviews where the subject is allowed to speak rather than pestered a la Jeremy Paxman.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This Statman interview and others. on 12:04 - Jul 3 with 3290 viewsFromReuserWithLove

This Statman interview and others. on 11:49 - Jul 3 by unstableblue

Exactly this.

Whilst an interesting listen it’s obviously one sided and simply allows these guys to push their narrative. Not really a balanced journalistic interview but i guess it’s not claiming to be. The “i wish i could say more” gang exist in every football club.
This Statman interview and others. on 12:04 - Jul 3 with 3291 viewsgalacticoblue

This Statman interview and others. on 11:39 - Jul 3 by Hullblue

Agree with this. It’s important to hear different points of views. People are free to draw their own conclusions on what is said and the motivations behind such comments.
I think overall there is so much tangible positivity around the club at the moment - but he comes across as bitter. Sounds like he didn’t help himself at times as much as anything.
This Statman interview and others. on 12:06 - Jul 3 with 3280 viewsFromReuserWithLove

This Statman interview and others. on 11:54 - Jul 3 by Hullblue

Because the EADT would more than likely ask those exact questions which JN may not like. Dyer and Stat just giving a platform for bantz.
This Statman interview and others. on 12:16 - Jul 3 with 3201 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I think hearing both sides is good to be honest. There's the PR version from the club then there's the ex player version. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

Personally one thing that struck me is that Ashton and Norwood have a lot in common.

Both divide opinion
Both like the limelight.
Both profess to work hard.
Both rate themselves.
Both want to win at all costs
Both like the sound of their own voice.
Both want to be loved.
Both think their way is the only way.
Both in their own way want to destroy people who cross them.
Both want to be the Alpha.

Interesting when you look at it through that lens.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

This Statman interview and others. on 12:29 - Jul 3 with 3152 viewssouthnorfolkblue

This Statman interview and others. on 11:09 - Jul 3 by Bobbychase

Stats are fine if they are given in context. Stats in isolation can be meaningless. I don’t really take any notice of what this bloke says.

Poll: Our final position

This Statman interview and others. on 12:31 - Jul 3 with 3139 viewsFrimleyBlue

This Statman interview and others. on 12:16 - Jul 3 by OriginalMarkyP

I think hearing both sides is good to be honest. There's the PR version from the club then there's the ex player version. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

Personally one thing that struck me is that Ashton and Norwood have a lot in common.

Both divide opinion
Both like the limelight.
Both profess to work hard.
Both rate themselves.
Both want to win at all costs
Both like the sound of their own voice.
Both want to be loved.
Both think their way is the only way.
Both in their own way want to destroy people who cross them.
Both want to be the Alpha.

Interesting when you look at it through that lens.

There hasn't been any 2 sides though that's the issue.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This Statman interview and others. on 12:36 - Jul 3 with 3121 viewsIllinoisblue

This Statman interview and others. on 12:03 - Jul 3 by jayessess

I thought Norwood's answer on the drink driving was pretty terrible, but I'm not sure what would've been achieved by pressing him on it.

I think you often learn a lot more from interviews where the subject is allowed to speak rather than pestered a la Jeremy Paxman.

Good points. There’s an art to good interviewing and questioning. And really, Norwood has revealed (confirmed?) his character by his response.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This Statman interview and others. on 12:48 - Jul 3 with 3025 viewsSitfcB

He would’ve stayed had they took his option up so can’t be that bad!

I think a lot of his stuff was aimed at Andy Rolls more than Ashton.

You’re never going to get the whole truth on a podcast like this as he’s probably don’t allowed to talk about it, also never going to get a current player/member of staff talking honestly as it’ll be controlled.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This Statman interview and others. on 12:53 - Jul 3 with 2991 viewsOriginalMarkyP

This Statman interview and others. on 12:31 - Jul 3 by FrimleyBlue

There hasn't been any 2 sides though that's the issue.

I would suggest the PR side the club puts out is a side.

I work in the industry and the club has clearly got a very well managed strategy of how it is to be perceived from the outside. That includes the players. They clearly had a strategy for how to shape the Norwood Narrative. I can guarantee there were people handling that narrative who were spitting chips every time he tried to wrestle control back. The way he announced his exit on social being a case in point.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

This Statman interview and others. on 13:30 - Jul 3 with 2855 viewstractorshark

I take or leave Statman ever since he vehemently defended Roy Keane.
That said, good for him if he can offer an alternative take on our club.
But he is a bit ‘look at me’ for my taste. But then all the Ipswich fan podcasts and vloggers are.
That’s the nature of social media.
This Statman interview and others. on 13:46 - Jul 3 with 2768 viewsDJR

This Statman interview and others. on 13:30 - Jul 3 by tractorshark

I take or leave Statman ever since he vehemently defended Roy Keane.
That said, good for him if he can offer an alternative take on our club.
But he is a bit ‘look at me’ for my taste. But then all the Ipswich fan podcasts and vloggers are.
That’s the nature of social media.

I don't think that's true of Blue Monday which strikes me as being more mature than the other fan podcasts. But going back to the original post, I am generally not interested in interviews with former players/coaches. The only ones I have listened to recently are the two that I think Blue Monday did with George Burley, one covering his playing career and one his managerial career.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 13:47]
This Statman interview and others. on 14:13 - Jul 3 with 2633 viewsDubtractor

I'm with you on this Frimmers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This Statman interview and others. on 14:17 - Jul 3 with 2632 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm only 10 minutes in, but already it feels like a three way love in for the old regime.
Chambo has been mentioned once a minute on average so far.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This Statman interview and others. on 15:17 - Jul 3 with 2467 viewsgtsb1966

This Statman interview and others. on 14:17 - Jul 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm only 10 minutes in, but already it feels like a three way love in for the old regime.
Chambo has been mentioned once a minute on average so far.

Link please kind sir
This Statman interview and others. on 15:30 - Jul 3 with 2437 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think it’s a good interview. It’s interesting to hear from Norwood about parts of his time at Ipswich. I took the comments about the new regime with a pinch of salt.

The issue I have is more with Dyer. He just seems to enjoy saying things to wind the fans up, or to cast doubt on the way the clubs going. Seems bitter

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024