Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT 07:47 - Jul 4 with 3226 viewsBonneNIL

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/macauley-bonne-on-itfc-and-his-qpr-fut

I know this will not be popular with some on here, but the man sounds passionate and desperate to be involved. He's got the chance to play in the Championship but still wants to be here. I'd give him another shot at it, he's good enough for League One and was one of our better players last season.

With Norwood gone, Jackson still not 100%, and Piggott has hardly set the world on fire, why isn't there a case for him to be in the squad?

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 07:56 - Jul 4 with 2461 viewsPippin1970

It's a difficult one. Obviously hugely passionate about the club like all of us. End of day we need a 20 plus goalscorer I'm not sure he's the right one. I could be wrong.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 07:58 - Jul 4 with 2453 viewsChrisd

Naturally, the way he started last season you’d want him back, but ultimately he’s there to score goals and that was a huge concern when he went so long without scoring and looked so short on confidence at times, we can’t afford that this time. What is a little concerning for me, is that we keep getting linked or want players back from last season where ultimately we just weren’t good enough. Let’s not forget we finished 13 points behind 6th place Wycombe.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:08 - Jul 4 with 2370 viewsDJR

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 07:58 - Jul 4 by Chrisd

Naturally, the way he started last season you’d want him back, but ultimately he’s there to score goals and that was a huge concern when he went so long without scoring and looked so short on confidence at times, we can’t afford that this time. What is a little concerning for me, is that we keep getting linked or want players back from last season where ultimately we just weren’t good enough. Let’s not forget we finished 13 points behind 6th place Wycombe.

That's true, but it seems to me that a lot of our goalscoring problems last season were down to a lack of chances (or decent chances) created. Indeed, I am not sure that Bonne or our other strikers had many easy chances. Hopefully, with the new, more athletic players we have brought in (or will bring in) we will create more clear-cut chances. Having said that, it did strike me that Bonne had some limitations (being offside is one), but on a personal level (both for myself and him) it would be fantastic if he came back given his Ipswich roots.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:10 - Jul 4 with 2346 viewsSeablue

Mick Mills wants him signed. That is more than good enough for me.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:13 - Jul 4 with 2319 viewsDJR

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:10 - Jul 4 by Seablue

Mick Mills wants him signed. That is more than good enough for me.

And the fact that an article such as this is being printed may suggest there is some likelihood of this happening. Indeed, perhaps it's a more subtle version of "the EADT understands" articles that normally presage a signing.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 8:16]
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:16 - Jul 4 with 2276 viewsKeno

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:13 - Jul 4 by DJR

And the fact that an article such as this is being printed may suggest there is some likelihood of this happening. Indeed, perhaps it's a more subtle version of "the EADT understands" articles that normally presage a signing.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 8:16]

great mind think alike DJR

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I want to play centre forward…. on 08:18 - Jul 4 with 2274 viewsBloots

….for us too.

Doesn’t mean I should.

Although I’d probably be offside less frequently than him.

No thanks.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I dint see you as centre forward Bloots on 08:20 - Jul 4 with 2239 viewsKeno

I want to play centre forward…. on 08:18 - Jul 4 by Bloots

….for us too.

Doesn’t mean I should.

Although I’d probably be offside less frequently than him.

No thanks.

more of a commanding midfield general running the game

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:23 - Jul 4 with 2180 viewshomer_123

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:08 - Jul 4 by DJR

That's true, but it seems to me that a lot of our goalscoring problems last season were down to a lack of chances (or decent chances) created. Indeed, I am not sure that Bonne or our other strikers had many easy chances. Hopefully, with the new, more athletic players we have brought in (or will bring in) we will create more clear-cut chances. Having said that, it did strike me that Bonne had some limitations (being offside is one), but on a personal level (both for myself and him) it would be fantastic if he came back given his Ipswich roots.

Small point of order, out lack of goals was not down to a lack of chances created - in fact, we created plenty of goal scoring opportunities.

Our main problem was conversion.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I dint see you as centre forward Bloots on 08:24 - Jul 4 with 2167 viewshomer_123

I dint see you as centre forward Bloots on 08:20 - Jul 4 by Keno

more of a commanding midfield general running the game

Left back....in the changing rooms! ;)

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:24 - Jul 4 with 2166 viewsDJR

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:16 - Jul 4 by Keno

great mind think alike DJR

Another thought is that, even though McK probably favours more cultured players, we probably still need a bash brother to bring on if things aren't working out. Pigott certainly isn't that, and Norwood has gone. But maybe things won't fall into place until Pigott has gone.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:26 - Jul 4 with 2152 viewshomer_123

His goals to chance ratio at the beginning of the season was unreal and was never going to be sustainable over the course of the season.

If the choice was Bonne or Pigott - I'd take Bonne as he fits McK style better than Pigott. However, I'm not sure it's that simple a choice.

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:26 - Jul 4 with 2154 viewsChurchman

He wants to play for us and I think he’s a good player for this level. He’d be a better one if he could sort out the offside habit, but given we are never going to sign an Andy Cole, I’d take him.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:32 - Jul 4 with 2073 viewsSaigonTractor

It would be nice I guess. But unfortunately passion alone isn't going to get us out of this league.

I wish he had the consistency to go with his desire to play for us. But he doesn't.

If we can get someone better we should. Sentimentality isn't going to get us promoted.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:33 - Jul 4 with 2063 viewsDJR

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:23 - Jul 4 by homer_123

Small point of order, out lack of goals was not down to a lack of chances created - in fact, we created plenty of goal scoring opportunities.

Our main problem was conversion.

I am not sure that is the case. According to Footy Stats our expected goals per game for the season were lower than all the the teams which finished above us. Indeed, wasn't it the case with Bonne's early goalscoring run that he scored a very high percentage of his chances?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 8:36]
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:43 - Jul 4 with 1980 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:32 - Jul 4 by SaigonTractor

It would be nice I guess. But unfortunately passion alone isn't going to get us out of this league.

I wish he had the consistency to go with his desire to play for us. But he doesn't.

If we can get someone better we should. Sentimentality isn't going to get us promoted.

If he does sign for us, sentiment won't come into it. It will only happen if KM thinks he's good enough for us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:45 - Jul 4 with 1958 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:26 - Jul 4 by homer_123

His goals to chance ratio at the beginning of the season was unreal and was never going to be sustainable over the course of the season.

If the choice was Bonne or Pigott - I'd take Bonne as he fits McK style better than Pigott. However, I'm not sure it's that simple a choice.

I don't think anyone expected him to maintain his initial form.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:47 - Jul 4 with 1941 viewsSparky85

He mentions a 'head and heart' decision about town. I would say it is the same for me.

Head says no. Wasn't great second half of the season and I will admit to get very annoyed at how many times he kept being caught offside, or giving away stupid free kicks

Heart says yes. I would love him back and banging in 20+ this season.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:48 - Jul 4 with 1930 viewsclive_baker

Yes please. Intelligent player, good touch, hard working, clearly bought in to the project and definitely capable of scoring goals. Pigott is dreadful, would like to see the back of him personally.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:52 - Jul 4 with 1885 viewsChrisd

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:08 - Jul 4 by DJR

I do agree with you to a point, we certainly didn't create enough chances in games, but lets not forget even during Bonne's purple patch, where he scored some great goals, he also missed some absolute sitters. He probably could've had 20 goals by the end of November. For me, he needs quite a few chances to score 1 goal and then you have those periods of drought when he doesn't score. I know he's an Ipswich lad and he loves the club, but we need to put sentiment to one side. Will he score us the goals we need to get out of this league? Personally, I'm not convinced.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:56 - Jul 4 with 1854 viewsibbleobble

Sign him, it’s a no brainer. I find it staggering that so many have question marks over him. We know the type of service he thrives off but he gradually got starved of that as the second half of the season wore on. His all round work ethic and work off the ball is excellent even when it’s not going for him. Bonne, Chaplin and Ladapo with Jackson, Piggot and Edwards gives us plenty of options.
Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:59 - Jul 4 with 1809 viewsitfcjoe

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 08:48 - Jul 4 by clive_baker

Yes please. Intelligent player, good touch, hard working, clearly bought in to the project and definitely capable of scoring goals. Pigott is dreadful, would like to see the back of him personally.

Pigott makes things very difficult - we will likely lose Norwood and Bonne, both better and more effective players than JP, because he is on a monster contract that we can't shift.

Even when you watch the highlights of Arsenal game back he's getting caught on the ball in the middle of our half etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 1673 viewsnodge_blue

I thought that was a terrific interview. Players with that sort of passion for the club will always give so much more.

Id like to see him back here, I don't see why he couldn't recover his first half season form.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 09:21 - Jul 4 with 1602 viewshype313

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 09:15 - Jul 4 by nodge_blue

I thought that was a terrific interview. Players with that sort of passion for the club will always give so much more.

Id like to see him back here, I don't see why he couldn't recover his first half season form.

I wouldn't be averse, and as much as he isn't the kind of profile McKenna isn't looking sometimes it's good to have a plan B.

If Warburton was still in situ then it would probably be a cheap deal to do, but obviously the new guy will want to have a look at him, especially as Austin has been let go.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bonne wants to re-join Ipswich - EADT on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 1596 viewsSouperJim

I'd rather have him than Pigs, but that's not really the choice is it.

I think his fairytale is done. Probably wouldn't work out if he came back again, so why not leave it where it is rather than tarnish it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024