Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? 11:53 - Jul 4 with 2014 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm relatively positive about it. I do think Ladapo Is and improvement and I also think Jackson will be am.important player under KM.

I'm a bit caught about midfield... I like the idea of Ball, but I'm still not sure if Morsy is then the attacking CM we meed alongside him... Will we see a change in formation.to have both together but with someone else involved too?

Defence selects itself and of course Walton is the dead cert starter.

Up with or behind the strikers.. Will be interesting to.see how Edwards is used, KVY to. Both could be cover for Burns and put rightful pressure on that side, likewise left hand side with Leigh and Penney and I guess KVY too.

We are almost there I think.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 11:58 - Jul 4 with 1616 viewsSomethingBlue

Fairly relaxed given that it's a huge season and we really need to go up. Feels as if most of the things we need in place to do very well, on and off the pitch, are now there — and it's a long time since we've been able to say that. I think we're going to have a good year whatever happens in the next four weeks.

There is a big gap where Celina has been, so hopefully that can get sorted soon. Presumably there are efforts ongoing for one more striker and perhaps a LWB, both would be ideal. But the only area of glaring deficiency is currently that creative one, for me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 11:59 - Jul 4 with 1602 viewsJ2BLUE

Very positive.

We've made some decent additions. 2-3 more and maybe 1-2 out and we're good to go.

I think it will be a battle. Sheff Wed look good. Was hoping Derby's problems would go on a bit longer.

I fancy our chances.

Current projection: 2nd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:02 - Jul 4 with 1570 viewsBobbychase

I still feel it is very early days in the transfer window for us. Imagine there will be some surprises coming, currently being worked on by Ashton etc.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:03 - Jul 4 with 1552 viewschicoazul

I was very very optimistic but the way we melted in the last few games last season has filled me with familiar dread. Goals are very concerning, we need 20 more than we got last year and 25-odd walked out the door this summer and there don’t seem to be any goals at all in midfield at the moment. We don’t yet have a creative 10 which I think a system with a back 5 relies on with wing backs charging on.
We do have a strong defence and a great keeper, and Burns is excellent. The squad is pretty settled and established with good back up in most positions.
But I don’t see a lot of reasons to be positive. In fact I am worried this season could prove to be the biggest failure yet in the history of the club.
Sorry for pouring my scorn bucket over everyone.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:06 - Jul 4 with 1539 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Happy with where we are at.

Think we have done good business.
Dom Ball- seems a great signing
Ladapo- Very capable at this level
Leigh- Might shock a few
John Jules- Not sure yet.

I expect a couple more to sure things up. But either way this squad is easily good enough. Im sure Mckenna can get the best out of it. I believe we will be top 6 minimum.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:09 - Jul 4 with 1519 viewsFrimleyBlue

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:03 - Jul 4 by chicoazul

I was very very optimistic but the way we melted in the last few games last season has filled me with familiar dread. Goals are very concerning, we need 20 more than we got last year and 25-odd walked out the door this summer and there don’t seem to be any goals at all in midfield at the moment. We don’t yet have a creative 10 which I think a system with a back 5 relies on with wing backs charging on.
We do have a strong defence and a great keeper, and Burns is excellent. The squad is pretty settled and established with good back up in most positions.
But I don’t see a lot of reasons to be positive. In fact I am worried this season could prove to be the biggest failure yet in the history of the club.
Sorry for pouring my scorn bucket over everyone.

I get where you are coming from. I think we will see 2 more additions hence I'm still positive. I still stand by this season being very very important for both KM and MA, so these next 2 additions imo will be big money additions who will supply us with the assists needed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:09 - Jul 4 with 1518 viewsclive_baker

OK, I think we're top 6 material, but the truth is we don't really know if we're any better than that. For me it's less about signing players and more about how the current group kick on under KM and with a proper pre season and more professional structure. Lesser squads than ours have got promoted, for me it's more about having the right personailities now, more leaders, a driven and engaged squad, hungry for success. Operating in a system they're comfortable playing in, which of course comes through signings but also comes with time and effort on the training ground. Chucking together an expensively assembled rarely gives the consistency required to win leagues.

I know rotation is a part of modern football, but I do hope we see a more settled side. KM was finding out about players last season, so I get it, but I would love to see the likes of Chaplin starting week in, week out. I think he's exceptional for this level.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:26 - Jul 4 with 1419 viewsLankHenners

Starting the season with a more settled side that's had a full pre-season under McKenna gives me a bit more confidence than the start of last season did but in truth it's hard to be too assured in a prediction given we've had 3 years of 'yeah we'll be right up there' only to fall completely flat. Think it's a bit different this time around for the reasons above plus McKenna's early transfer dealings seems to have made a good go at adding a bit more physicality and work rate into the team. Not that we were particularly feeble and lazy before but we saw in games against the likes of Cambridge, Accrington, Cheltenham etc. we need a bit more about us to put up with teams that will get in our face and/or force the game into a bit of a scrap.

Need Celina or another creative attacking mid, another LWB and maybe an ST if we can get rid of The Pig.

Wonder if we'll see a little more flexibility in formation as well. I know we're quite fluid when we have possession but McKenna made a point of saying a few times how we struggle against teams that line up 4231 so wouldn't be surprised if we have a tactic that sees us start in that shape as well to prevent things like Burns getting doubled up happening.

Overall excited for it to start but can't quite shake the wave of apprehension that comes when I think about it. An early prediction for me is Chaplin to hit 15+ goals - just have a feeling he'll be one of the main players to benefit from McKenna, full pre-season, in a settled team etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:40 - Jul 4 with 1354 viewsjayessess

Hard to tell really. I think people over-estimate how much quality is required to run through this division and under-estimate how much more important functioning as a unit is.

Wigan won this league last season but I don't think they had much more individual quality than the rest of the top half. They worked as a unit and got their key players performing at the top end of their ability.

That's key for us too, way more important than what personnel we add between now and the end of the window. I'm hopeful that McKenna can produce that sort of team and our defensive record for much of his tenure is a big big step in that direction.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:44 - Jul 4 with 1315 viewshomer_123

Realistic.

No 100 points/ 100 goals but I think we'll build on last season....I don't think our transfer business is over yet so likely need to re-assess closer to August.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:48 - Jul 4 with 1284 viewsBonneNIL

I would feel better if we replaced Celina, Bonne, and Norwood with better. So far I haven't seen that, but that was a chunk of our goals we have missing, Ball isn't a Celina-style midfielder, Lapado scored 15 for Rotherham and the kid from Arsenal hardly set anywhere on fire yet. Jackson isn't going to magically turn from a 5-goal-a-season striker to a 20-goaler in my view either, as for Piggott I would be surprised if he ever scored for Ipswich again. We also need a center-half and another full-back for cover in my view.

I am going to say we'll finish outside of the Playoffs as things stand, but with a proven striker and attacking midfielder added, there's no reason we couldn't make the playoffs.

I would say automatics are a mile off, I think Derby, Wednesday, MK Dons, and Peterborough will be fighting for those. I'd even say Bolton could be a contender.

That will not be a popular view, but I think many are over-rating our team and chances a lot and are going to be disappointed again.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:50 - Jul 4 with 1267 viewsNthQldITFC

Very good. KM seemed to be able to bring the best out of players in an individualistic confidence and ball possession sense last season, built a rock solid defensive base almost instantly and generated some lovely flowing football, hampered only by a freak goal-shyness from most of our strikers.

That freak goal-shyness aspect will not recur, and with added steel and additional time under KM and MP's tutelage, I fully expect us to be a dominant force from the start. Top two for me, probably top one.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 1243 viewsDubtractor

Pretty confident, I'll be hugely surprised and disappointed if we're not at least top 6 by the end of September.

We're keeping most of last seasons team together, which mostly performed very well under McKenna, and a few further attacking additions to that should give us the added goal threat that we need.

I've said it a few times, but I was never completely confident going into last season. The utter mess that Cook made of the end of 2020/21 (and extent to which he threw everyone under the bus) had massive alarm bells ringing, and that's before you consider the need for all those new players to gel. Even then he made a bigger mess of it than I feared though!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:57 - Jul 4 with 1214 viewsChurchman

Positive. We will do well, but we look short of goals week in week out. I may well be and hope I’m wrong on that.
How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 12:59 - Jul 4 with 1201 viewsDarth_Koont

Optimistic on paper. We have the tools across the pitch and we know we’ve got a very strong and solid defence and centre midfield when we need it.

But confidence, momentum, results and, probably fuelling all of that, strikers scoring goals are a lot more elusive.

But trust in the process. Hopefully, we’ll have a decent start and a couple of wins in August and then we build a promotion team from there.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm struggling to see.... on 13:10 - Jul 4 with 1148 viewsBloots

...how we are going to score enough goals to worry the top 2.

Of course this may change as we move through the transfer window, but currently we haven't added any real goalscoring consistency to the team.

Burns and Chaplin aside, I can't see a natural finisher in the squad, and we certainly aren't blessed with goalscoring midfielders and defenders.

We don't have anyone that can take a decent set piece and we lack a creative spark behind the forwards.

Football isn't complicated, goals win matches and at the moment I think we will struggle in that area.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 13:18 - Jul 4 with 1113 viewsIllinoisblue

6/10 on the “let’s fooking ave it” optimismeter. We’re still too reliant on Burns to produce his magic. Up front is still a concern. We need to learn how to score from corners. This is division 3, it shouldn’t be this hard.

On the bright side, we have an excellent keeper and a very solid defence. And there’s still a month to go before kick off. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 13:21 - Jul 4 with 1101 viewsMediocre_Quick

Got asked this this morning by a client of ours whose family are all Peterborough fans, I'm cautiously optimistic after last season, but this is Town, we'll either piss the league, or end up in a scrap for play offs, or cement us as a mediocre mid table League 1 team, it could go either way, BUT, that doesn't mean I'm going to write us off early, getting behind the club is whats needed, so I'm plumping for a play off scrap...
How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 13:22 - Jul 4 with 1094 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If we're going to stick with the same formation, we probably need someone to replace Celina and be either versatile across the three behind Ladapo or strictly a CAM, although it seems likely Chaplin will be a key player this term, you would assume.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 13:37 - Jul 4 with 1009 viewsRegencyBlue

I’m quietly confident but we all know what needs improving. We need to put the ball in the net more and do something about our abysmal set pieces!

I would imagine we have still to bring in 2 or 3 players as I’m not sure we have completely addressed those issues yet. Assuming we do I think we will do well.
How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 13:42 - Jul 4 with 980 viewsportmanroadblue

I am optimistic for a good season, still feel we need a couple of additions, but I think where we lacked last season was a bit of grit, I believe we have that in Ball and Morsey, I also think McKenna will have started to install better formations and believe an out and out goal scorer isnt the be all and end all as I believe we have at least four 15+ goal scorers in Ladapo, Chaplain, Jackson and Burns. The only other concern I feel from last season is a way to breaking down teams who park the bus, but hopefully McKenna will have looked at this and improved our set pieces.
How are you genuinely feeling about our potential for the season? on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 956 viewsJDB23

Always cautious about any optimism with this club. I think if we go into the season with the team as it is we won’t make top 2. Clearly we are still going to add the squad so it will depend on who we bring in. Top 6 is the absolute minimum though, absolutely no excuse for finishing any lower than that.
I'm struggling to see.... on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 957 viewsjayessess

I'm struggling to see.... on 13:10 - Jul 4 by Bloots

...how we are going to score enough goals to worry the top 2.

Of course this may change as we move through the transfer window, but currently we haven't added any real goalscoring consistency to the team.

Burns and Chaplin aside, I can't see a natural finisher in the squad, and we certainly aren't blessed with goalscoring midfielders and defenders.

We don't have anyone that can take a decent set piece and we lack a creative spark behind the forwards.

Football isn't complicated, goals win matches and at the moment I think we will struggle in that area.

Goals win matches, but a solid defence wins championships.

0-0's don't though. (n/t) on 13:48 - Jul 4 with 939 viewsBloots

I'm struggling to see.... on 13:45 - Jul 4 by jayessess

Goals win matches, but a solid defence wins championships.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

0-0's don't though. (n/t) on 13:57 - Jul 4 with 902 viewsjayessess

0-0's don't though. (n/t) on 13:48 - Jul 4 by Bloots

With McKenna, we won 10 out of the 13 games we kept clean sheets in last season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024