Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? 17:31 - Jul 4 with 2418 viewsnoggin

Sounds like another shooting thing. Hopefully nothing major.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:34 - Jul 4 with 1703 viewsIllinoisblue

A shooting in the suburbs at a July 4th parade.

And then there’s the usual mayhem:

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-weekend-shootings-violence-crime/120164

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:36 - Jul 4 with 1679 viewsnoggin

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:34 - Jul 4 by Illinoisblue

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-weekend-shootings-violence-crime/120164

Thankfully gun controls are strict in Chicago

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:53 - Jul 4 with 1639 viewsIllinoisblue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:36 - Jul 4 by noggin

Right? It’s working so well.

62 - 78 - 81

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:16 - Jul 4 with 1590 viewseastangliaisblue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:53 - Jul 4 by Illinoisblue

I know Chicago has it's problems but I didn't realise it was that bad. That stat is feckin insane.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:20 - Jul 4 with 1562 viewsgiant_stow

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:16 - Jul 4 by eastangliaisblue

I know Chicago has it's problems but I didn't realise it was that bad. That stat is feckin insane.

I didn't know it was that bad either - insane is the word.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:23 - Jul 4 with 1554 viewsjeera

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:34 - Jul 4 by Illinoisblue

"We need more guns!!!"

Fecking loons.

As an aside I don't know if Copenhagen has been mentioned today. Of all nations Denmark would have been among the unlikeliest you'd have thought until recent years.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 18:41]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:39 - Jul 4 with 1529 viewsIllinoisblue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:23 - Jul 4 by jeera

"We need more guns!!!"

Fecking loons.

As an aside I don't know if Copenhagen has been mentioned today. Of all nations Denmark would have been among the unlikeliest you'd have thought until recent years.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 18:41]

Five dead and 16 wounded. Ffs. Would be many families and kids at the parade. So senseless. And nothing will change in this backwards gun-loving joke of a country.

62 - 78 - 81

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 19:59 - Jul 4 with 1428 viewsIllinoisblue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:20 - Jul 4 by giant_stow

And a map of where the killings took place would show the vast majority are in the impoverished South and West sides of the city. While these city killings are seen as black on black or Hispanic on Hispanic (mostly gang feuds) nobody in power will care too much.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:27 - Jul 4 with 1372 viewsElderGrizzly

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:36 - Jul 4 by noggin

Of course, Highlands Park is as much in Chicago as Luton is in London.

It’s an affluent town about 30km from the Chicago city limits.

Still hasn’t stopped the GOP making it a Democrat problem for the city.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:43 - Jul 4 with 1337 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:16 - Jul 4 by eastangliaisblue

This thread kind of shows much is wrong with media perception.

It’s not even in the same county as Chicago (Cook), it’s an affluent suburb, completely separate police force etc. So when you say “that bad”, it’s not Chicago it’s the kind of thing that can happen anywhere when desensitized, deranged young males have access to assault rifles.

More people have died this weekend in Chicago than at that parade though, which shows the extent of gun violence but that barely makes the news.

Something wrong when a family can’t go to a holiday a parade without a chance of this happening.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 20:44]
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:45 - Jul 4 with 1323 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:20 - Jul 4 by giant_stow

It wasn’t in Chicago.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:49 - Jul 4 with 1299 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:45 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It wasn’t in Chicago.

That comment was in response to the Tweet about violence in Chicago. Is that stat wrong? 29 months since the last day without either a shooting or homicide. That is an insane stat.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:58 - Jul 4 with 1271 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:49 - Jul 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

That comment was in response to the Tweet about violence in Chicago. Is that stat wrong? 29 months since the last day without either a shooting or homicide. That is an insane stat.

Yes it’s always had it’s problems but since the Pandemic under Lightfoot and Foxx it’s got considerably worse.

A lot of the progressive policies such as no cash bail etc have had local residents concerned in even the most liberal cities around the country but don’t just take my word for it…

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/san-francisco-district-attorney-faces-recall-ef
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 21:00]
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:05 - Jul 4 with 1249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 17:53 - Jul 4 by Illinoisblue

Just like Denmark!

(For those not aware, the pro-gun lobby in the US have used the recent mass shooting in Denmark to attempt (wrongly) to make a case that the US doesn’t have an an abnormal problem with guns).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:23 - Jul 4 with 1202 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 18:39 - Jul 4 by Illinoisblue

Five dead and 16 wounded. Ffs. Would be many families and kids at the parade. So senseless. And nothing will change in this backwards gun-loving joke of a country.

With respect and I know you have lived here even longer than me I think it’s a bit lazy to label all Americans the same way “as gun loving”. It’s certainly part of the culture in many communities and many non gun owners still support 2A but….

I’d hazard a guess that a lot the residents Highland Park probably don’t own firm arms. The noise for gun control is fairly loud, it’s really centuries old scripture and a bunch of politicians are holding the country back more than anything. The fact these events happen in states with strict gun control show the ease in which you can circumnavigate local law. The circulation of guns is rife whatever the state legislative measures are.

There’s simply too many guns at this point.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 21:30]
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:38 - Jul 4 with 1142 viewsElderGrizzly

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:23 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

With respect and I know you have lived here even longer than me I think it’s a bit lazy to label all Americans the same way “as gun loving”. It’s certainly part of the culture in many communities and many non gun owners still support 2A but….

I’d hazard a guess that a lot the residents Highland Park probably don’t own firm arms. The noise for gun control is fairly loud, it’s really centuries old scripture and a bunch of politicians are holding the country back more than anything. The fact these events happen in states with strict gun control show the ease in which you can circumnavigate local law. The circulation of guns is rife whatever the state legislative measures are.

308 mass shootings in the USA this year already

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:41 - Jul 4 with 1131 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:38 - Jul 4 by ElderGrizzly

308 mass shootings in the USA this year already

Yes.

That doesn’t really address any of my points.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:44 - Jul 4 with 1110 viewsElderGrizzly

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:41 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes.

That doesn’t really address any of my points.

It absolutely addresses the last point.

There are too many guns and too many dangerously psychotic people with them.

But with a mentality like this, nothing will ever change

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:49 - Jul 4 with 1056 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 20:58 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes it’s always had it’s problems but since the Pandemic under Lightfoot and Foxx it’s got considerably worse.

A lot of the progressive policies such as no cash bail etc have had local residents concerned in even the most liberal cities around the country but don’t just take my word for it…

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/san-francisco-district-attorney-faces-recall-ef
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 21:00]

Must be highly variable. The community we were in in Maine was very liberal and very anti-gun. But then each autumn hundreds of rednecks armed up to the eyeballs with weapons descended on us to try and shoot dear literally in our back gardens. How there weren't more mistaken shootings is a mystery to me. Possibly because everyone spent a month cowering in orange and keeping away from any footpaths in the woods. It wasn't healthy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:52 - Jul 4 with 1042 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:44 - Jul 4 by ElderGrizzly

It absolutely addresses the last point.

There are too many guns and too many dangerously psychotic people with them.

But with a mentality like this, nothing will ever change

Yes too many guns, just saying it’s not as blanket as people think that all Americans are gun loving lunatics. The Washington Post think it’s about 20% of households and most of them own more than one firearm.

The NRA is actually as weak as it’s ever been, financial mismanagement etc. Unfortunately a lot of the illegal firearm's obviously owned errr illegally by criminals. In terms of mass shootings, assault rifles always seem to be the weapon of choice and the fact that a 19 year old can stroll up to a gun store and buy one in many states is quite frankly disgusting.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:54 - Jul 4 with 1031 viewsStokieBlue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:23 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

"There’s simply too many guns at this point."

It's probably a good idea to stop selling anymore then and for the various interested parties to stop blocking attempts to achieve that goal.

X + 1 > X

It's an indisputable fact.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 22:05 - Jul 4 with 983 viewsIllinoisblue

If they’re not all gun-loving a lot of people are certainly gun tolerant and seemingly accepting of the fact tragedies like today will just keep on happening. When kids getting slaughtered at school is met with mostly weary shrugs then you know you have a large problem.

62 - 78 - 81

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 22:06 - Jul 4 with 970 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:49 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

Must be highly variable. The community we were in in Maine was very liberal and very anti-gun. But then each autumn hundreds of rednecks armed up to the eyeballs with weapons descended on us to try and shoot dear literally in our back gardens. How there weren't more mistaken shootings is a mystery to me. Possibly because everyone spent a month cowering in orange and keeping away from any footpaths in the woods. It wasn't healthy.

Whatever your opinions on it I think hunting is the least of our problems at the moment.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 22:08 - Jul 4 with 946 viewsElderGrizzly

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:52 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes too many guns, just saying it’s not as blanket as people think that all Americans are gun loving lunatics. The Washington Post think it’s about 20% of households and most of them own more than one firearm.

The NRA is actually as weak as it’s ever been, financial mismanagement etc. Unfortunately a lot of the illegal firearm's obviously owned errr illegally by criminals. In terms of mass shootings, assault rifles always seem to be the weapon of choice and the fact that a 19 year old can stroll up to a gun store and buy one in many states is quite frankly disgusting.

Agree, not all are lunatics. It’s a minority, but a deadly one.

Work colleagues of mine from Alabama have 14 guns and 27 guns respectively in their houses. Both have young kids, both law abiding citizens.

And all guns obtained legally.

Couldn’t meet nicer people, but between 2 people there are 41 guns. That’s not normal, but sadly it also is.
Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 22:10 - Jul 4 with 929 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hey Illinois, what's going on in Chicago? on 21:49 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

Wow! Dear must have really annoyed them rednecks. Surely it is illegal even over there for them to shoot her? I suppose when you have hundreds of rednecks all shooting her together law enforcement are hardly going to step in. When you say "each autumn" was a different dear each time or did she somehow survive multiple years for it to happen again?

On a related point was she a Grammar?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024