Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice 12:21 - Jul 5 with 3113 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Hi everyone,

I know that there are approximately 127 of these posts every week, but I would like to share something that I am doing to raise funds, in this instance for St Elizabeth Hospice in Ipswich.

In September I will be fighting in a charity boxing bout, at a white collar boxing event at Trinity Park. I have never fought before, so will be stepping into the ring for the very first time on the night.

I am doing this to raise money for the Hospice, which is where my father passed away in 2021.

The Hospice is an independent Suffolk charity, which every year delivers care to over 3,000 patients and their families.

These services cost £12.9m to facilitate each year, and the Hospice is heavily reliant on donations.

100% of the money that I raise through donations will go to the charity.

Of course times are tough for everyone from a financial point of view, and I appreciate that I am a complete internet stranger to the vast majority of yourselves, but if anyone would like to support the Hospice via myself taking part in the event then really anything at all would be greatly appreciated by myself and the Hospice.

I've just set up the page and I hope to raise a minimum of £500 over the coming weeks (not all via TWTD!).

Full details can be found here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jonathan-charity-boxing

Thank you for reading.

Jon.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 07:49 - Jul 7 with 2831 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thank you for the couple of donations so far :)

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 16:13 - Jul 9 with 2537 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thank you so much to those who have made further donations.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 00:12 - Jul 10 with 2450 viewsjeera

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 16:13 - Jul 9 by ThisIsMyUsername

Thank you so much to those who have made further donations.

Only a fiver but hope it counts as you get many more.

Plenty of time until September though so get on with the training.

We'll have a World Champ before we know it!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 09:00 - Jul 10 with 2390 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 00:12 - Jul 10 by jeera

Only a fiver but hope it counts as you get many more.

Plenty of time until September though so get on with the training.

We'll have a World Champ before we know it!

Thank you Jeera

Not sure about the last bit!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 9:09]

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 14:03 - Jul 15 with 2134 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Quick update for those who have donated.

As of yesterday I have met and exceeded my original £500 target.

Thank you again to those who have donated for your generosity and support.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 09:39 - Aug 19 with 1966 viewsThisIsMyUsername

BUMP

£695 raised since beginning my fundraising page.

Three weeks until the fight.

If anyone reading this today has any spare pennies they would like to donate for the Hospice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to those who have supported.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 20:11 - Sep 10 with 1803 viewsjeera

Bump.

Edit: over £900 with the gift aid so well played OP.

Be good to get to the thousand if possible.

Wonder if admin would be so kind as to sticky this for a few days. I'm sure it's a cause most of us feel we can associate with.

[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 20:24]

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 23:39 - Sep 10 with 1726 viewsSeablu

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 20:11 - Sep 10 by jeera

Bump.

Edit: over £900 with the gift aid so well played OP.

Be good to get to the thousand if possible.

Wonder if admin would be so kind as to sticky this for a few days. I'm sure it's a cause most of us feel we can associate with.

[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 20:24]

Shamefully, I was totally unaware of this until now.
Hopefully a bit nearer the £1000 now.
Login to get fewer ads

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 09:14 - Sep 11 with 1644 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thank you very much people for the further donations which have come in since last night. Truly appreciated.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 13:47 - Sep 11 with 1580 viewsjeera

Just another fiver towards the grand.

Dunno why you don't ask to get the thread stickied for a couple of days.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 13:58 - Sep 11 with 1571 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 13:47 - Sep 11 by jeera

Just another fiver towards the grand.

Dunno why you don't ask to get the thread stickied for a couple of days.

All adds up!

To be fair Phil/Gav did pin it to the top for a few days when I first posted.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 09:57 - Sep 12 with 1378 viewsbrazil1982

Do you have a boxing "nick name"?
Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 10:36 - Sep 12 with 1362 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 09:57 - Sep 12 by brazil1982

Do you have a boxing "nick name"?

Just saw your donation. Thank you.

Re the 'good luck' message, the fight was on Saturday just gone. I lost on a split decision.

My nickname, apparently, is 'Boom Boom', which I didn't choose myself. I didn't even realise I had a nickname until the day.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 15:11 - Sep 12 with 1266 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Over £1000 raised now including Gift Aid.

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 21:31 - Sep 12 with 1181 viewsjeera

Fundraising appeal (another one) for St Elizabeth Hospice on 15:11 - Sep 12 by ThisIsMyUsername

Over £1000 raised now including Gift Aid.

Your dad would be proud of you.

It's a great way to honour his memory and a wonderfully thoughtful thing to do for other people too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024