Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did the British people really elect this dickhead? 16:38 - Jul 6 with 3272 viewsnoggin

Something is seriously wrong with the British media and the electorate. The media have clearly encouraged you to elect Johnson and you have obliged.

Go on DaveU.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:41 - Jul 6 with 2082 viewsWD19

No.
Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:42 - Jul 6 with 2067 viewsBlueBadger

The political equivalent of Paul Lambert. Gave out some nice soundbites about improving the football, did nothing else and got us relegated with a fight.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:50 - Jul 6 with 2024 viewsJ2BLUE

A minority of the population did.

Our political system is a joke.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:54 - Jul 6 with 1996 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

No. Just over 25000 of the elctorate voted for Johnson at the last time of asking.

So what's that, 0.05% of those eligible to vote?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:56 - Jul 6 with 1955 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:54 - Jul 6 by You_Bloo_Right

No. Just over 25000 of the elctorate voted for Johnson at the last time of asking.

So what's that, 0.05% of those eligible to vote?

I was careful not to write "vote for Johnson", otherwise we could just talk about Uxbridge.

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:02 - Jul 6 with 1913 viewsghostofescobar

67% of the population voted, and 43.6% of those voted Tory, so a minority of British people elected this dickhead - the majority never wanted him in the first place.

GhostOfEscobar

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:07 - Jul 6 with 1869 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:02 - Jul 6 by ghostofescobar

67% of the population voted, and 43.6% of those voted Tory, so a minority of British people elected this dickhead - the majority never wanted him in the first place.

67% of the population or 67% of the electorate?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:11 - Jul 6 with 1815 viewsjeera

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:07 - Jul 6 by noggin

Registered voters.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:11 - Jul 6 with 1793 viewsJ2BLUE

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:07 - Jul 6 by noggin

That only strengthens his argument.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 17:12]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:14 - Jul 6 with 1745 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:11 - Jul 6 by jeera

Registered voters.

So 33% didn't vote Tory but were complicit in Johnson becoming PM?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:15 - Jul 6 with 1740 viewsswede

The Labour party handed the last election to the Tories on a plate by offering Jeremy Corbyn as the alternative.
Much of the Tory vote was in fact an anti-Corbyn vote.
Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:17 - Jul 6 with 1714 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:15 - Jul 6 by swede

The Labour party handed the last election to the Tories on a plate by offering Jeremy Corbyn as the alternative.

The public gets what the public wants...

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:19 - Jul 6 with 1688 viewsjeera

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:15 - Jul 6 by swede

Other options were available for those who felt that strongly.

Nobody was forced to vote for this shower.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:25 - Jul 6 with 1622 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:56 - Jul 6 by noggin

I was careful not to write "vote for Johnson", otherwise we could just talk about Uxbridge.

Whilst I accept there is a wide choice who did you mean by "this dickhead"?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:31 - Jul 6 with 1590 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:25 - Jul 6 by You_Bloo_Right

Whilst I accept there is a wide choice who did you mean by "this dickhead"?

The Prime Minister. (At the time of writing)

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:32 - Jul 6 with 1583 viewsjaykay

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:19 - Jul 6 by jeera

Other options were available for those who felt that strongly.

Nobody was forced to vote for this shower.

i love it when they come up with that line. as you say no one held a gun to their head and said vote for boris.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:40 - Jul 6 with 1535 viewsswede

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:32 - Jul 6 by jaykay

i love it when they come up with that line. as you say no one held a gun to their head and said vote for boris.

I didn't say anything about anyone being forced to vote for Boris. My point is that when faced with the choice of Johnson or Corbyn for PM, many people could not stomach a far left Corbyn government.
The Labour party realised this too late.
Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:41 - Jul 6 with 1526 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:40 - Jul 6 by swede

I didn't say anything about anyone being forced to vote for Boris. My point is that when faced with the choice of Johnson or Corbyn for PM, many people could not stomach a far left Corbyn government.

Far left? There is the problem. The media have told you that Corbyn is "far left" and you repeat it.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 17:42]

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:42 - Jul 6 with 1510 viewsOldsmoker

I see it more like those old B&W westerns where the Magic Cure-all/elixir of life was being sold for a dollar a bottle by a huckster.
The gullible amongst the crowd want to believe but they always turn nasty when they realise they've been had and usually chase the snake-oil salesman out of town.
When Johnson is run out of town, he will claim that the UK had a bright future under him, but now look, the new PM is dismantling his initiatives (crown on pints, pounds and ounces, sunny uplands) and the future is going to be awful now he's gone.
You could have had your cake and eaten it under Johnson as the EU would have surrendered to his magnificent gorgeousness - but only in Blojobs imagination.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:45 - Jul 6 with 1493 viewsswede

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:41 - Jul 6 by noggin

Far left? There is the problem. The media have told you that Corbyn is "far left" and you repeat it.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 17:42]

No, I'm quite capable of discerning that myself.
Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:47 - Jul 6 with 1479 viewsMattinLondon

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:40 - Jul 6 by swede

He’s not far left. Not even close to hard left.
Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:49 - Jul 6 with 1456 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:45 - Jul 6 by swede

No, I'm quite capable of discerning that myself.

Go on then, which of his policies were far left?

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:51 - Jul 6 with 1440 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:31 - Jul 6 by noggin

The Prime Minister. (At the time of writing)

How does a Conservative Party leadership election work?
The election takes place in two stages. In the first stage (shortlisting), Conservative MPs put their own names forward. MPs then vote in a series of rounds to whittle down the candidates. In the first two rounds, the candidates who don’t meet a certain threshold of votes are eliminated. For all subsequent ballots, the candidate who comes last is eliminated, until there are only two candidates remaining.

In stage two, the party membership is balloted on which of the two final candidates they prefer.

As of March 2021 there were 200000 members of the conservative party.

So the answer to your question is still "only a small minority" (0.002%)

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:51 - Jul 6 with 1433 viewsnoggin

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:51 - Jul 6 by You_Bloo_Right

How does a Conservative Party leadership election work?
The election takes place in two stages. In the first stage (shortlisting), Conservative MPs put their own names forward. MPs then vote in a series of rounds to whittle down the candidates. In the first two rounds, the candidates who don’t meet a certain threshold of votes are eliminated. For all subsequent ballots, the candidate who comes last is eliminated, until there are only two candidates remaining.

In stage two, the party membership is balloted on which of the two final candidates they prefer.

As of March 2021 there were 200000 members of the conservative party.

So the answer to your question is still "only a small minority" (0.002%)

Yeah ok.

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 17:53 - Jul 6 with 1416 viewsEireannach_gorm

Did the British people really elect this dickhead? on 16:42 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

The political equivalent of Paul Lambert. Gave out some nice soundbites about improving the football, did nothing else and got us relegated with a fight.

Don't forget the applause.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024