Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson 09:16 - Jul 12 with 1971 viewsOldsmoker

I think this is tactically a clever idea.
All those Tories who have shown they had no confidence in him and then pushed him out will have to vote on it again.
What will they vote this time?
Vote of confidence in Johnson says they're hypocrites.
Vote of no confidence might trigger a general election just when they're down in the polls.
It's a dilemma.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:19 - Jul 12 with 1607 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Now that he has done the right thing they are confident once more!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:19 - Jul 12 with 1609 viewsJ2BLUE

They'll vote confidence and say the process to replace him is already underway so this would be needlessly damaging to the country.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:27 - Jul 12 with 1532 viewsOldsmoker

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:19 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

They'll vote confidence and say the process to replace him is already underway so this would be needlessly damaging to the country.

I'm sure they'll spin it in every way possible to excuse their duplicity.
Will Blojob declare that this massive vote of confidence given by his MPs means he gets to stay as PM?

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:31 - Jul 12 with 1503 viewsWD19

Its a nonsense and not particularly smart as I see it.

As others have said a vote of confidence will go nowhere because the process is already underway and Conservatives will just say the opposition are playing games - which they are.

Any minor electoral 'benefit' from being able to tar Conservative MPs with having voted to save their own skin will be counterbalanced by it looking to many like everyone in Westminster is more interested in playing political games than fixing anything. The 'they are all as bad as each other' problem.

Utterly pointless.
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:33 - Jul 12 with 1494 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Starmer behind the curve as ever.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:50 - Jul 12 with 1383 viewsgiant_stow

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:31 - Jul 12 by WD19

As others have said a vote of confidence will go nowhere because the process is already underway and Conservatives will just say the opposition are playing games - which they are.

Any minor electoral 'benefit' from being able to tar Conservative MPs with having voted to save their own skin will be counterbalanced by it looking to many like everyone in Westminster is more interested in playing political games than fixing anything. The 'they are all as bad as each other' problem.

Utterly pointless.

In a rational world, there's every reason to vote no confidence in the current govt. I see why it would look like political games, but really, it shouldn't.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:56 - Jul 12 with 1340 viewsOldsmoker

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:31 - Jul 12 by WD19

Utterly pointless.

I don't see it like that.
The media is full of Tories at the mo and Labour has been sidelined.
It could be a case of "we're still here" or just simple sh*t-stirring.

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:08 - Jul 12 with 1269 viewsWeWereZombies

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:56 - Jul 12 by Oldsmoker

I don't see it like that.
The media is full of Tories at the mo and Labour has been sidelined.
It could be a case of "we're still here" or just simple sh*t-stirring.

I think that there is a benefit, in that it might sober up the Conservative Party members who vote on a leader (providing the short list is not two raving ideologues) into making sure that the successful candidate can run the course until the next Parliamentary term.

The danger, remote as it is, would be a successful vote of no confidence. That would land Labour into having to put together a manifesto and set of candidates that will appeal to a jaded public and I think Labour needs more time to do that.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:13 - Jul 12 with 1239 viewswkj

The outcome will be frivilous, but the action will sow Starmer to have done something. Inaction would only serve to bolster the narative around Starmer not doing enough - so he has little choice by to call this confidence vote.

If nothing else, it will provide ammunintion for a flip-flop narrative against the tory party for the next two years.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:13 - Jul 12 with 1238 viewsGuthrum

With the repeal of the fixed Term Parliaments act, a VONC no longer has the automatic effects it did under that legislation. It is a censure, but no more.

While traditionally such things have led to the fall of an administration, we are dealing with a PM who has shown great resistence to resigning over any number of matters which might have led to the departure of one of his predecessors. Johnson could simply ignore it. The PM is, after all, appointed by the Crown (as leader of the largest party), not the House of Commons.

It certainly doesn't trigger a General Election any more (even under the FTPA, there was a 14-day window to bring together a new administration in which the House could have confidence).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:16 - Jul 12 with 1195 viewsOldsmoker

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:08 - Jul 12 by WeWereZombies

I think that there is a benefit, in that it might sober up the Conservative Party members who vote on a leader (providing the short list is not two raving ideologues) into making sure that the successful candidate can run the course until the next Parliamentary term.

The danger, remote as it is, would be a successful vote of no confidence. That would land Labour into having to put together a manifesto and set of candidates that will appeal to a jaded public and I think Labour needs more time to do that.

I don't think either party is ready for a GE.
They might say they want one but they're all over place.
There are currently 12 Tory manifestos - 1 for each candidate + Blojobs.
Labour have been vague on most issues except they've recently ruled out re-joining the customs union which is a vote loser in my opinion.
Johnson will win the VOC but it will be interesting to see how the 11 vote.

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:17 - Jul 12 with 1191 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 09:19 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

This basically.

Labour can't lose really though, as anyone who votes for Confidence in the current government can then be held up in any election as a hypocrite.

The red wall MPs are the ones to watch here
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:19 - Jul 12 with 1187 viewsSparky85

It is slightly different as it is not a VONC against Johnson, but the Government specifically

ALL Tories will 100% vote confidence, for the reasons already stated. They won't allow a general election
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:23 - Jul 12 with 1184 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's not clever. It's pointless political grandstanding.

It's not a VOC in Johnson. It's a VOC in the Government, of which all Tories are members of.

We know that Tory MP's have no confidence in Johnson as they have forced him to step down and they are currently in the process of electing his replacement.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:42 - Jul 12 with 1101 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:23 - Jul 12 by GlasgowBlue

It's not clever. It's pointless political grandstanding.

It's not a VOC in Johnson. It's a VOC in the Government, of which all Tories are members of.

We know that Tory MP's have no confidence in Johnson as they have forced him to step down and they are currently in the process of electing his replacement.

Not entirely pointless, as it gives powerful material for the expected November/December general election.

Yes it's a vote of confidence in the Government, a Government currently with a 'squatter' in No.10 and caretaker appointments all over the shop across various ministerial roles.

He has to ask the question as he'd equally be slaughtered if he didn't
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:48 - Jul 12 with 1072 viewswkj

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:42 - Jul 12 by ElderGrizzly

Not entirely pointless, as it gives powerful material for the expected November/December general election.

Yes it's a vote of confidence in the Government, a Government currently with a 'squatter' in No.10 and caretaker appointments all over the shop across various ministerial roles.

Also, we're in the age of political grandstanding being a common strategy. Therefore, as previously mentioned, inaction by Starmer would be worse than calling for something that won't pass.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:58 - Jul 12 with 1017 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:42 - Jul 12 by ElderGrizzly

Didn't Corbyn propose a VOC a year before the last general election?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:02 - Jul 12 with 996 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 10:58 - Jul 12 by GlasgowBlue

Didn't Corbyn propose a VOC a year before the last general election?

He did in Jan 2019 after the Tories lost a vote in the house by 230 votes on Brexit.

It was all about Brexit then though, rather than corruption and incompetence as it appears to be now.
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:04 - Jul 12 with 979 viewsOldsmoker

Here's Peter Oborne and his view of Johnson. The first sentence tells you his opinion but it's a well thought out demolition of Johnsons legacy.
He warns of his fear of the complicit MSM and how it was nigh impossible for him to publish anything negative of Johnson in the 2019 election campaign.

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:05 - Jul 12 with 956 viewsJ2BLUE

November/December this year?

Who is expecting that?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:17 - Jul 12 with 918 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:04 - Jul 12 by Oldsmoker

Here's Peter Oborne and his view of Johnson. The first sentence tells you his opinion but it's a well thought out demolition of Johnsons legacy.
He warns of his fear of the complicit MSM and how it was nigh impossible for him to publish anything negative of Johnson in the 2019 election campaign.

Very good.

Oborne is of course absolutely right and knows the complicity of our media in all of this. It should be easy to call this stuff out (lies, billionaire media moguls and donors pulling strings) but of course that's what the political industry is based on.And the people who rise to the top are those who are least troubled by it and/or most eager to get paid.

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:21 - Jul 12 with 882 viewsBlueRaider

It's also clearly a tactically clever idea, in that they won't be seen as hypocrites by many.

Johnson is going, they have what they want, why would they risk an election ?

Starmer would be better off working with some anti-Johnson tories to get one of them to lay a motion to get him out of office and a caretaker in now. That would truly be in the national interest, this is just posturing

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:45 - Jul 12 with 818 viewsBogblue

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:21 - Jul 12 by BlueRaider

It's also clearly a tactically clever idea, in that they won't be seen as hypocrites by many.

Johnson is going, they have what they want, why would they risk an election ?

Starmer would be better off working with some anti-Johnson tories to get one of them to lay a motion to get him out of office and a caretaker in now. That would truly be in the national interest, this is just posturing

Your second para answer would at a guess be because they're riding at an all time high in the polls right now, so the sooner the better while the tories are in disarray

Can't be that hard to put together a manifesto. Windfall tax on oil & gas producers to assist ordinary families with c o l crisis; invest in NHS, education (which has been falling behind); infrastructure, particularly social and affordable house-building programme would easily win it.
Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:58 - Jul 12 with 772 viewsJDB23

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 11:17 - Jul 12 by Darth_Koont

Very good.

Oborne is of course absolutely right and knows the complicity of our media in all of this. It should be easy to call this stuff out (lies, billionaire media moguls and donors pulling strings) but of course that's what the political industry is based on.And the people who rise to the top are those who are least troubled by it and/or most eager to get paid.

“The scum medias took down are hero Boris the great!!”

Meanwhile, the media:

Labour calling for Vote of No confidence in Johnson on 12:05 - Jul 12 with 741 viewsmutters

Is this the right thing for the country though? Labour is only doing this to make political capital.

As much as we want Johnson out, I am not convinced having nobody at the helm during these ever-changing times is the right thing.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024