Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread 13:07 - Jul 12 with 16955 viewshatch

Not sure if this exists already but I'm forever seeing Town shirts out and about and on TV so thought we should document sightings to see how far spread we are and whether any posters have been spotted.

I'm not talking about those niche ones of the past, just any from now on or recent weeks.

My recents are:

Carer's Trust shirt walking through Tulse Hill the other day
Last season's shirt with a Swindon fan at Red Bull Soapbox races
Yellow vintage Town shirt front row at the Oval just now
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:10 - Jul 12 with 9072 viewsFixed_It

Loads at the recent Ed Sheeran concerts at Wembley.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:28 - Jul 12 with 8983 viewsBobbychase

There are so many of us in the West Country that we formed our own official supporters branch.

Have lived in Bristol for 14 years. Seen dozens out and about and worked with a couple and bumped into them playing five-a-side.

Seen one Norwich shirt in that time. Nearly veered off the road when I did, like when you see a rare bird.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:57 - Jul 12 with 8883 viewsStu_Magoo

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:28 - Jul 12 by Bobbychase

There are so many of us in the West Country that we formed our own official supporters branch.

Have lived in Bristol for 14 years. Seen dozens out and about and worked with a couple and bumped into them playing five-a-side.

Seen one Norwich shirt in that time. Nearly veered off the road when I did, like when you see a rare bird.

Was hoping you were trying to make this one extinct.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:58 - Jul 12 with 8862 viewsBobbychase

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:57 - Jul 12 by Stu_Magoo

Was hoping you were trying to make this one extinct.

Oh no, I'm all for protecting endangered species

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 14:33 - Jul 12 with 8772 viewsOsborneOneNil

Saw a bloke wearing one in Bude a few weeks back.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 14:36 - Jul 12 with 8728 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marvel Hotel Corner cafe in sunny Beach Bulgaria has an itfc shirt on its wall.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 14:44 - Jul 12 with 8732 viewsHciwspi

Lee on Solent in Hampshire a few months back. My boy had his on so that was the icebreaker. Turned out they originated from Felixstowe but moved to the south coast a few years back.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 14:53 - Jul 12 with 8663 viewsmylittletown

Saw the Greene King promotion shirt in San Jose, California about 10 years ago. The bloke was from Dedham, working in Silicon Valley
Login to get fewer ads

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 15:56 - Jul 12 with 8551 viewsGogs

Saw a handsome looking chap on the highlights of the England v India t20 game at Trent bridge on Sunday wearing one.

Oh yeah, that was me
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 16:03 - Jul 12 with 8497 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah actually living in Sheffield I don't see that many Town shirts as you can imagine but out on the mountain bike the other day 2 guys both wearing Town shirts went the other way ...true story

Poll: If it were one or the other

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 16:19 - Jul 12 with 8437 viewsStrimmer

Dunno about you lot but when I see a town shirt out in the wild all inhibitions disapear and I give a good loud "blarmy!" regardless of where I am

Poll: Was it a punch?

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 16:29 - Jul 12 with 8409 viewsCheltenham_Blue

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 13:28 - Jul 12 by Bobbychase

Saw a lad in a Carers Trust shirt a couple of days ago when driving in Cheltenham and gave him a toot and a cheery wave. I then realised I didn't have a Town top on at the time and that this lad was walking away muttering to himself, "Dunno who the fk that was".

Really need to invest in that car horn that plays Edward Ebenezer Jeremiah Brown.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 17:03 - Jul 12 with 8306 viewsLeoMuff

At my boys football practice in Cornwall last season there were 4 boys in Town strips which was a surprise, weirdest one for me was out and about in Auckland in about 2003

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 17:12 - Jul 12 with 8277 viewsBobbychase

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 17:03 - Jul 12 by LeoMuff

At my boys football practice in Cornwall last season there were 4 boys in Town strips which was a surprise, weirdest one for me was out and about in Auckland in about 2003

One of the SW branch lives in Cornwall and goes to almost every game home and away. Last season he worked out he had travelled the equivalent of round the world once, then a bit more

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 18:56 - Jul 12 with 8147 viewsTractorgirlforever

I was in cornwall last week and went to lands end and spotted a man there in last seasons town shirt .
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 18:59 - Jul 12 with 8129 viewsSwansea_Blue

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 18:56 - Jul 12 by Tractorgirlforever

I was in cornwall last week and went to lands end and spotted a man there in last seasons town shirt .

Pigott going for his trial. He was aiming for Portsmouth but missed!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 8061 viewsTokey

Sevenoaks! Seen 3 separate people in the last year, twice whilst out in in the car and once walking but too slow registering to then stop and chat.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 22:02 - Jul 12 with 7868 viewseastangliaisblue

Weirdest place I've ever seen one was in a ramshackle bar in the middle of nowhere in Laos. It was hanging on the wall, I tried asking the owner where he got it from but left none the wiser.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 22:24 - Jul 12 with 7810 viewssoupytwist

Saw a young chap wearing one of the new home shirts on 2nd July at University of Manchester open day. He was walking past where I was sitting having just had some lunch and I was so excited I got up and stopped him for a chat.

He probably thought I was some mad middle aged weirdo, which was fair enough to be honest. Anyway, new shirt looked great in real life.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 22:56 - Jul 12 with 7745 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There are more in north Suffolk than there have been for several years. Always been a few even in the dark days but get the feeling people are wearing them a bit more again and that the optimism is just beginning to return. We have a long way to go to close the gap on the generation of fans favouring them lot in these parts, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 05:58 - Jul 13 with 7487 viewsITFC_Forever

Going back to 1997, first holiday with the now wife was to Cornwall.

Got there early Saturday afternoon, so we went to Padstow for a wander round and the first family we saw when we parked the car had a young lad in Town shirt.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 07:12 - Jul 13 with 7434 viewsPlums

In the fishing museum in Gilvinec, Brittany. We had a long chat.

I was wearing one at Silverstone a couple of weeks ago and got stopped by a couple of lads who were queuing for coffee. It’s always good to meet the Blues out and about.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 07:57 - Jul 13 with 7376 viewsglasso

I see a fella running in Wltham wearing an Ipswich shirt quite often
Think it's a white Carer's Trust one. Have never spoken to him yet but there's scope for a two-person supporters club right in the heart of Millwall/Charlton territory
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 08:39 - Jul 13 with 7297 viewsDJR

Going back further, I saw a young Italian lad with an Ipswich shirt in the back streets of Rome in 1981. Of course, that was at a time when Ipswich were a force in Europe.
'I just saw an Ipswich shirt' Thread on 09:45 - Jul 13 with 7208 viewssticklegs

Every time I go on holiday I seem to end up chatting to fellow Ipswich fans. I often wear an Ipswich cap which people notice or I spot them in their shirts. From memory. I've met town fans down a cave in the Dordogne in France, on the main street in Sorrento, Italy, in the adjacent cottage to mine in Yorkshire, on a beach in Thailand. In London last week someone spotted my Ipswich badge and we had a long chat about the glory days and how Ipswich were the first team he supported as a lad. There really are Ipswich fans everywhere.

Trying not to be biased, but I rarely see any Norwich shirts on my travels. I'd probably stop them for a football related chat, but they're just not out there. I suppose we picked up lots of fans all over the country, during our glory years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024