Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New phone recommendations 17:42 - Jul 12 with 758 viewsZx1988

One for the hive mind, please:

I'm looking to get a new phone to replace my Sony Xperia 5 II which has a few bugs and annoyances with the software which render it unusable at times.

I need dual sim capability (although this needn't be a physical second sim if someone can convince me on eSims) and a fairly decent camera, otherwise I think it's all much of a muchness.

I've been tempted by the Google Pixel 6 Pro that's currently on offer at Amazon, but have heard that its dual sim functionality is a bit ropey at times.

Can anyone give me any real-world info on the Pixel, or anything else that might tick the right boxes?

Probably 75/25 towards Android over Apple, and under £750 would be the goal (although negotiable for something utterly amazing)...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

New phone recommendations on 18:32 - Jul 12 with 689 viewswkj

I also had an Xperia 5 and know what bugs you are probably talking about. I went to a Google Pixel 5 (solo sim) and it functioned very well - but can't say I know much on the dual sim 6 version.

A professional acquaintance of mine recently got a Galaxy S22 Ultra as he was a massive fan of the Note. He's been massively pleased with it except for the fact it is considerably slower to charge than your average flagship device. It is also pricey at about £1100 - unless you get scammed by the modern day phone contract - then it is considerably more.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New phone recommendations on 21:20 - Jul 12 with 603 viewsfabian_illness

New phone recommendations on 18:32 - Jul 12 by wkj

I also had an Xperia 5 and know what bugs you are probably talking about. I went to a Google Pixel 5 (solo sim) and it functioned very well - but can't say I know much on the dual sim 6 version.

A professional acquaintance of mine recently got a Galaxy S22 Ultra as he was a massive fan of the Note. He's been massively pleased with it except for the fact it is considerably slower to charge than your average flagship device. It is also pricey at about £1100 - unless you get scammed by the modern day phone contract - then it is considerably more.

I've got an S22 ultra.
I have the 45w fast charger and it's amazingly quick.
New phone recommendations on 21:56 - Jul 12 with 565 viewsblue62

I have always been iphone, i prefer the operating system to Android. They always get good reviews on Which.

The 13 is under £800 to buy. But sure you would have checked those out.

Some of the cameras on the Samsungs seem better quality but the phones all do pretty much the same things.
New phone recommendations on 09:02 - Jul 13 with 459 viewsZx1988

New phone recommendations on 21:56 - Jul 12 by blue62

I have always been iphone, i prefer the operating system to Android. They always get good reviews on Which.

The 13 is under £800 to buy. But sure you would have checked those out.

Some of the cameras on the Samsungs seem better quality but the phones all do pretty much the same things.

Cheers for the nudge on the iPhone 13 - I hadn't given it much thought.

Unfortunately I ideally need something with an optical zoom as part of the camera offering, otherwise it would have been up there for sure.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

New phone recommendations on 09:05 - Jul 13 with 450 viewsvilanovablue

I've been using the Pixel 6 Pro since launch and love it. It had a few bugs at the start but is much better now. It does have dual sim but one is an e-sim which if I'm honest I haven't used.

Photos are great and the just Android software is absolutely fantastic. If you have any specific questions feel free to drop me a DM.
New phone recommendations on 12:30 - Jul 13 with 397 viewsmutters

I have a OnePlus 7 at the moment, very good all round phone. The OnePlus 9 is on deal as well at the moment, just cant justify the upgrade as have only had the phone for 3 years.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024