Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PR catering last night 18:00 - Jul 13 with 2869 viewsHipsterectomy

Was there any difference with it now 'in house'?

KOA mentioned San Miguel on tap but couldn't confirm if true

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

PR catering last night on 18:03 - Jul 13 with 2570 viewsunbelievablue

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 18:10 - Jul 13 with 2513 viewsunstableblue

From people giving up must be remarkable

Tens of people walking away from 20mins queues

It’s not the new cashless that is the issue, it’s the number of staff and their training in how to efficiently serve drinks

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

PR catering last night on 18:40 - Jul 13 with 2423 viewsBlueBadger

Thoughts from tonight..... by BlueBadger 13 Jul 2022 10:21
I've often wondered why football clubs don't implement similar systems to those at a lot of theatres whereby you order your interval/half time drinks, etc before the performance/match and then collect it at half time.

Mind you, the speed they work at at PR, they'd either never be able to fulfil the orders or half of them would be flat and warm by half time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PR catering last night on 18:49 - Jul 13 with 2369 viewsellaandred

PR catering last night on 18:03 - Jul 13 by unbelievablue

That looks awful !!!
PR catering last night on 19:03 - Jul 13 with 2311 viewsghostofescobar

PR catering last night on 18:03 - Jul 13 by unbelievablue

Were they all for you?

GhostOfEscobar

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 19:05 - Jul 13 with 2290 viewsFrimleyBlue

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 18:10 - Jul 13 by unstableblue

From people giving up must be remarkable

Tens of people walking away from 20mins queues

It’s not the new cashless that is the issue, it’s the number of staff and their training in how to efficiently serve drinks

Or possibly the lack of staff uptake because they don't fancy getting abuse.

BTW not saying you would. But hospitality has had a massive problem filling roles as more and more people are refusing to put themselves through it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 19:21 - Jul 13 with 2201 viewsdyersdream

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 19:05 - Jul 13 by FrimleyBlue

BTW not saying you would. But hospitality has had a massive problem filling roles as more and more people are refusing to put themselves through it.

I was told there not serving aspalls in SBR
PR catering last night on 19:25 - Jul 13 with 2180 viewsstonojnr

PR catering last night on 18:40 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

Thoughts from tonight..... by BlueBadger 13 Jul 2022 10:21
I've often wondered why football clubs don't implement similar systems to those at a lot of theatres whereby you order your interval/half time drinks, etc before the performance/match and then collect it at half time.

Mind you, the speed they work at at PR, they'd either never be able to fulfil the orders or half of them would be flat and warm by half time.

because theatres have a fraction of the capacity of even Towns crowd last night, and only a small percentage of that theatre audience order interval drinks.

this isnt rocket engineering stuff to get right, plenty of sports arenas and concert venues across the world manage to do this stuff well and alot of them actually make it a pleasurable experience too for the punter.

Towns basic problem is they have never devised a system for their serving staff to follow or given them the training that embeds that system in to how they work. Bar work is alot more than just turning a tap and dumping beer in a glass, but everyone thinks they can do it cos it looks dead easy to do.

Until Towns catering staff have that system and training and a culture of wanting to be there doing that job actually, the service will always be slow, rubbish, and Town will lose out in lost sales.

that no-one at the club seems relatively that fussed about remedying those issues, it wont change.
Login to get fewer ads

PR catering last night on 19:42 - Jul 13 with 2104 viewsThe_Snake

It was woeful in Beattie’s last night, and I’m not one to stick the boot in to the Club. Several of the pump badges were missing, although there was beer connected to some of them. At the particular bar we picked, it was San Miguel, Aspall and a blank pump which was apparently East Coast IPA.

The San Miguel came out at a trickle on one pump and the other poured a pint of froth. The East Coast looked like it had been scooped from the nearest ditch, but the Aspall was fine.

The staff were trying their very best, and most fans were sympathetic.

And this was pre match. Half time was my round so I thought I’d nip down to the concourse behind SAR upper on 42 minutes to find there was already a long queue. I popped down to Beattie’s where there were 3 people in front of me and waited well over 5 min for four drinks, same pouring issues on lager. Payment by card was rapid though.

Came back up the the seats on 49 mins and there was still a substantial queue for the concourse bar.

I don’t mind a San Miguel but if that’s the only draught lager I suspect there could be a few lively clients on match day.

Oh, and the tannoy system is still Earl Soham village fete standard.
And another thing..... on 19:45 - Jul 13 with 2075 viewsBloots

PR catering last night on 19:42 - Jul 13 by The_Snake

It was woeful in Beattie’s last night, and I’m not one to stick the boot in to the Club. Several of the pump badges were missing, although there was beer connected to some of them. At the particular bar we picked, it was San Miguel, Aspall and a blank pump which was apparently East Coast IPA.

The San Miguel came out at a trickle on one pump and the other poured a pint of froth. The East Coast looked like it had been scooped from the nearest ditch, but the Aspall was fine.

The staff were trying their very best, and most fans were sympathetic.

And this was pre match. Half time was my round so I thought I’d nip down to the concourse behind SAR upper on 42 minutes to find there was already a long queue. I popped down to Beattie’s where there were 3 people in front of me and waited well over 5 min for four drinks, same pouring issues on lager. Payment by card was rapid though.

Came back up the the seats on 49 mins and there was still a substantial queue for the concourse bar.

I don’t mind a San Miguel but if that’s the only draught lager I suspect there could be a few lively clients on match day.

Oh, and the tannoy system is still Earl Soham village fete standard.

....the new scoreboard on the North Stand was crap.

#clubsajoke

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

And yet another thing..... on 19:48 - Jul 13 with 2055 viewsBloots

And another thing..... on 19:45 - Jul 13 by Bloots

#clubsajoke

...there was two pairs of people that had tickets for the same seats in the row behind me.

Liquidate the club.

Now.

And yet another thing..... on 19:51 - Jul 13 with 2038 viewsThe_Snake

And yet another thing..... on 19:48 - Jul 13 by Bloots

...there was two pairs of people that had tickets for the same seats in the row behind me.

Liquidate the club.

Now.

You weren’t in block X of SAR? Happened there too, apparently. Although the yoofs were barely capable of reading their tickets.
No, I was in the Pioneer.... on 19:53 - Jul 13 with 2024 viewsBloots

And yet another thing..... on 19:51 - Jul 13 by The_Snake

You weren’t in block X of SAR? Happened there too, apparently. Although the yoofs were barely capable of reading their tickets.

...last night.

A family of 5 turned up, and only 3 of their seats were available.

Tickets were checked and 2 were "doubles".

And another thing..... on 19:58 - Jul 13 with 1980 viewsThe_Snake

And another thing..... on 19:45 - Jul 13 by Bloots

#clubsajoke

Proper scoreboard
Yep, the new one.... on 20:00 - Jul 13 with 1954 viewsBloots

And another thing..... on 19:58 - Jul 13 by The_Snake

Proper scoreboard

....didn't bother with the scorers or the subs.

And the "Town" was in red.

Bit weird really.

Yep, the new one.... on 20:07 - Jul 13 with 1913 viewsThe_Snake

Yep, the new one.... on 20:00 - Jul 13 by Bloots

....didn't bother with the scorers or the subs.

And the "Town" was in red.

Bit weird really.

That was odd, especially as Stephen Foster was announcing a West Ham keeper substitution when actually Vas came on for Walton. Thought the frothy San Miguel had gotten hold of me.

Couldn’t hear any of the subs on the tannoy so would have been handy to have it on the scoreboard.

Hey-ho, hopefully all teething problems..
PR catering last night on 20:24 - Jul 13 with 1813 viewswitchdoctor

proper crap in churchman’s upper..the lager option was lukewarm tins of Fosters at £5.25 a pop..bottles of cider same price…mahoosive queues ‘n all…
It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 20:38 - Jul 13 with 1709 viewsVeggie

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 19:21 - Jul 13 by dyersdream

I was told there not serving aspalls in SBR

Who told you that? Cruncher or Dobbo.
PR catering last night on 20:42 - Jul 13 with 1699 viewsjeera

PR catering last night on 20:24 - Jul 13 by witchdoctor

proper crap in churchman’s upper..the lager option was lukewarm tins of Fosters at £5.25 a pop..bottles of cider same price…mahoosive queues ‘n all…

Fiver for a can?

Seriously?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

And yet another thing..... on 20:55 - Jul 13 with 1646 viewslongtimefan

And yet another thing..... on 19:51 - Jul 13 by The_Snake

Was that actually a case of double booked tickets? Looked more like a case of a group seeing empty seats there and thought they’d try their luck. Might have got that totally wrong though.
PR catering last night on 21:52 - Jul 13 with 1515 viewswitchdoctor

PR catering last night on 20:42 - Jul 13 by jeera

Fiver for a can?

Seriously?

yep…£15.75 for 3 drinks..and like I said not even cold…
It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 22:26 - Jul 13 with 1437 viewsNBVJohn

It was shockingly slow in the Pioneer and fans zone… the money lost on 19:05 - Jul 13 by FrimleyBlue

The hospitality industry is currently in a critical state in terms of recruitment, with (respectfully) entry level roles such as this amongst the hardest to fill, particularly given the sporadic hours on offer.

I am surprised that the club took the decision to bring catering in house at this time. I wasn’t at the game and did not see the queues but would suggest that any complaints are directed constructively to the club and not the poor sods behind the counter - you really don’t want to p!ss them off any more if you want to enjoy your half time pint. They’ll vote with their feet otherwise.

Given what I have seen of the new regime I would back them to learn quickly and get the service right.
PR catering last night on 00:30 - Jul 14 with 1261 viewsjeera

PR catering last night on 21:52 - Jul 13 by witchdoctor

yep…£15.75 for 3 drinks..and like I said not even cold…

That's insane and so wrong in every way:

Warm.

Stupidly priced.

Fosters ffs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

PR catering last night on 07:54 - Jul 14 with 999 viewstrncbluearmy

PR catering last night on 00:30 - Jul 14 by jeera

That's insane and so wrong in every way:

Warm.

Stupidly priced.

Fosters ffs.

there selling fecking fosters

someone at the club needs to check their history quick

remember many years ago it got banned from the centre spot along with the yellow and puke ice holder
PR catering last night on 08:07 - Jul 14 with 979 viewsjontysnut

PR catering last night on 19:25 - Jul 13 by stonojnr

because theatres have a fraction of the capacity of even Towns crowd last night, and only a small percentage of that theatre audience order interval drinks.

this isnt rocket engineering stuff to get right, plenty of sports arenas and concert venues across the world manage to do this stuff well and alot of them actually make it a pleasurable experience too for the punter.

Towns basic problem is they have never devised a system for their serving staff to follow or given them the training that embeds that system in to how they work. Bar work is alot more than just turning a tap and dumping beer in a glass, but everyone thinks they can do it cos it looks dead easy to do.

Until Towns catering staff have that system and training and a culture of wanting to be there doing that job actually, the service will always be slow, rubbish, and Town will lose out in lost sales.

that no-one at the club seems relatively that fussed about remedying those issues, it wont change.

Does anywhere get it right. I was at cricket, lots of preprepared drinks, lots of staff but not enough contactless pay points. Result, queues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024