Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards... 23:00 - Jul 13 with 2397 viewsBigCommon

Anyone else out there think that Edwards could play the 10 (inside left) role?.. Assuming we are writing off the Celina thing and we could, yet, miss out on a different target... Personally, don't think it's the end off the world, if that were to happen.. With, both , Edwards and Humphrey's in the frame. There's some good young talent there, already in the building...
Kyle Edwards... on 00:21 - Jul 14 with 2257 viewsRocky

Not sure about the 10 role, but Edwards clearly has explosive pace. If his decision making/final pass has matured he could have a very good season.
Kyle Edwards... on 02:52 - Jul 14 with 2182 viewsBondiBlue

Kyle Edwards... on 00:21 - Jul 14 by Rocky

Not sure about the 10 role, but Edwards clearly has explosive pace. If his decision making/final pass has matured he could have a very good season.

This is it. Celina's stats say he created a lot. Edwards looked like a great dribbler but without much at the end of it. Definitely worth giving him a chance but wouldn't bet my house on him giving us what celina gave us.

Looking at the 4 we're talking about for the 2 AM positions now celina's looking less likely (chaplin, edwards, aluko and humphreys), it seems like only humphreys is a natural playmaker. Get him in there!

Poll: Which would you accept?

Kyle Edwards... on 04:43 - Jul 14 with 2139 viewsBigCommon

Kyle Edwards... on 02:52 - Jul 14 by BondiBlue

This is it. Celina's stats say he created a lot. Edwards looked like a great dribbler but without much at the end of it. Definitely worth giving him a chance but wouldn't bet my house on him giving us what celina gave us.

Looking at the 4 we're talking about for the 2 AM positions now celina's looking less likely (chaplin, edwards, aluko and humphreys), it seems like only humphreys is a natural playmaker. Get him in there!

I'm inclined to think, that with willing, intelligent runners in front, like Ladapo , Jackson or similar The final ball will be that much easier, or simpler to execute.. Rather than trying to hit a more isolated forward, who's movement isn't great. Which, imo, Edwards was tasked with in a lot of his games... Hard to judge Edwards, based on what he did under Cook.. I think we play with more passing options in the final 3rd under KM. With midfield and WB support arriving and linking up. Offering simple passing options, when it goes right..
Kyle Edwards... on 08:33 - Jul 14 with 1727 viewsmarkchips

Kyle Edwards... on 04:43 - Jul 14 by BigCommon

I'm inclined to think, that with willing, intelligent runners in front, like Ladapo , Jackson or similar The final ball will be that much easier, or simpler to execute.. Rather than trying to hit a more isolated forward, who's movement isn't great. Which, imo, Edwards was tasked with in a lot of his games... Hard to judge Edwards, based on what he did under Cook.. I think we play with more passing options in the final 3rd under KM. With midfield and WB support arriving and linking up. Offering simple passing options, when it goes right..

Very relevant points.
Surely if he can beat a man with pace , one of the coaches can teach him to pull the ball back from the byeline ? Not sure how bright he is but it can't be that difficult surely.
Kyle Edwards... on 09:08 - Jul 14 with 1621 viewsWestcountryblue

Would like to see Edwards on the left side of a 4-5-1.
He's got a huge amount of ability, pace and potential, but he needs to churn out the numbers at this level, else he is a luxury.
Kyle Edwards... on 09:23 - Jul 14 with 1565 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kyle Edwards... on 09:08 - Jul 14 by Westcountryblue

He's got a huge amount of ability, pace and potential, but he needs to churn out the numbers at this level, else he is a luxury.

Yeah, I think he’s best suited to width. The sort of player Mick would have got a tune out of.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kyle Edwards... on 09:28 - Jul 14 with 1539 viewsWD19

His first half at Cheltenham was the most excited I have been watching an Ipswich player in living memory.

Nothing came of it and we lost the game.

In 2-3 years time he could be worth £20m or he could be playing non-league.

So I don't know.....
Kyle Edwards... on 09:39 - Jul 14 with 1499 viewsOwainG1992

Kyle Edwards... on 09:23 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, I think he’s best suited to width. The sort of player Mick would have got a tune out of.

There's a point.
Big Mick would have loved an Kyle Edwards.
Then when he started to do well and the fans got behind him...he'd have told us all to F Off!
Good Times....

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards... on 09:40 - Jul 14 with 1496 viewsSamWhiteUK

.. ... ,.,, ,,, .., .,. ,., . ,.,, ,... ,,, ., .,. ,.. ,... .,. ,,, ,., . ,. ..,,..
Kyle Edwards... on 09:43 - Jul 14 with 1482 viewsIpswichRising

How many wide players did Mick get a tune out of
Kyle Edwards... on 09:44 - Jul 14 with 1474 viewsRobTheMonk

I'd much rather see him in a forward role than LWB (which I've seen suggested).
Kyle Edwards... on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 1424 viewsVic

Kyle Edwards... on 09:43 - Jul 14 by IpswichRising

How many wide players did Mick get a tune out of

Fraser, Lawrence, Welsh chap, Clive Woods, Mick Lambert and Ray Crawford

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Kyle Edwards... on 10:22 - Jul 14 with 1354 viewsSTYG

Kyle Edwards... on 09:28 - Jul 14 by WD19

His first half at Cheltenham was the most excited I have been watching an Ipswich player in living memory.

Nothing came of it and we lost the game.

In 2-3 years time he could be worth £20m or he could be playing non-league.

So I don't know.....

He was leaving 2 or 3 players for dead in the centre of midfield.

You get that from him in the 10 role and he's in the box with a shooting or crossing chance 8-10 times a game.

He's the sort of player Cheltenham were so drawn too it opened up space for everyone else. Sadly we had Harper and Evans, neither of whom looked to drive forward, Fraser who had no pace and Bonne and Piggott.

Can you imagine that performance alongside any four from Morsy, Chaplin, Celina, Aluko, Jackson or Ladapo.

Very excited to see what McKenna can do with him.
Kyle Edwards... on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 1340 viewsEly_Blue

Kyle Edwards... on 09:08 - Jul 14 by Westcountryblue

Like Celina would be you mean?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Kyle Edwards... on 22:28 - Jul 14 with 985 viewstextbackup

Didn’t we have a turn over of about 328 wide men in his time?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kyle Edwards... on 08:37 - Jul 15 with 823 viewsTomTheWriter

Still think that if we want another ‘attacking midfielder’, then it would be a wide man. Pretty clear for everyone in Portman Road on Tuesday that the West Ham defenders did not like defending against Jackson, TJJ, Leigh and KVY in the second half. With 4 players sitting that high up, we looked very dangerous. First half, Ladapo got a run on Alese every time the ball went in behind, but with Burns playing at about 70%, and Chaplin and Aluko not known for their pace, we didn’t took like scoring outside of the 1-on-1.

If we can play next season with Chaplin as the most advanced midfielder behind Ladapo/potential new striker, then have Burns and Leigh pushed high from wing-back, and then a forward/wide man type like TJJ/Jackson/Edwards up there as well, team won’t know how to deal with us. 2 creators behind Ladapo didn’t work, but 1 creator and 1 wide forward behind Jackson did.

As it stands, wouldn’t be surprised to see Chaplin, Ladapo, Jackson for the opening day. Able to rotate between 3-4-3/3-5-2/4-2-3-1 with ease

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Kyle Edwards... on 09:12 - Jul 15 with 788 viewsdirtyboy

Kyle Edwards... on 08:37 - Jul 15 by TomTheWriter

Still think that if we want another ‘attacking midfielder’, then it would be a wide man. Pretty clear for everyone in Portman Road on Tuesday that the West Ham defenders did not like defending against Jackson, TJJ, Leigh and KVY in the second half. With 4 players sitting that high up, we looked very dangerous. First half, Ladapo got a run on Alese every time the ball went in behind, but with Burns playing at about 70%, and Chaplin and Aluko not known for their pace, we didn’t took like scoring outside of the 1-on-1.

If we can play next season with Chaplin as the most advanced midfielder behind Ladapo/potential new striker, then have Burns and Leigh pushed high from wing-back, and then a forward/wide man type like TJJ/Jackson/Edwards up there as well, team won’t know how to deal with us. 2 creators behind Ladapo didn’t work, but 1 creator and 1 wide forward behind Jackson did.

As it stands, wouldn’t be surprised to see Chaplin, Ladapo, Jackson for the opening day. Able to rotate between 3-4-3/3-5-2/4-2-3-1 with ease

I agree largely with that, I don't think Leigh will be pushed that far up though, I think there'll be more emphasis on that side being crosses into the box, rather than direct running/supporting, which with Ladapo being bigger and better in the air, gives him another scoring outlet.

This is on the basis that Burns has pace with the ball and the back-up of a fast and great 1v1 defender in Donacien, that isn't really the case with Edmundson on that side, partly as it isn't his preferred side (but still does brilliantly).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024