Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4-2 good game against a good side. 13:02 - Jul 16 with 2239 viewsBobsthename

Against a very strong side in the first half but although they scored 4 we too created some half chances but once the second half started and Palace made some subs we matched them and even scored two i know it’s not the finished article but we are looking good and if we add a striker of quality we will almost certainly be top 6 or dare i say it top two.
4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:04 - Jul 16 with 2175 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boo. McKenna out!

No doubt that's been a good workout against a decent side - we'll have learnt a lot from that. Far better thumping several goals against lower opposition.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 2089 viewsTomTheWriter

Definitely had more chances than Palace did. Can't remember Hladky making a save in the game, with Hayes making that excellent stop when he come on.

Aluko getting better with age. Hell be such a useful player next season with the 5 subs rule. Clear that Jackson isn't a 1-up top striker. Needs to be played wide with a Ladapo in the middle.

Real struggle for Burns. Looks so rusty, but understandable considering how much he has played since August 2021. KVY could stake a real claim with a couple more performances like West Ham and Needham. I don't have enough words for Penney. Don't think I've seen someone consistently hit the first man with every cross or pass.

We played through them really well which was good, caught out a couple of time which led to the goals. Things to work on, but definitely going in the right direction. Hopefully we can have a statement performance against Wimbledon later

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 1809 viewscressi

4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:09 - Jul 16 by TomTheWriter

Definitely had more chances than Palace did. Can't remember Hladky making a save in the game, with Hayes making that excellent stop when he come on.

Aluko getting better with age. Hell be such a useful player next season with the 5 subs rule. Clear that Jackson isn't a 1-up top striker. Needs to be played wide with a Ladapo in the middle.

Real struggle for Burns. Looks so rusty, but understandable considering how much he has played since August 2021. KVY could stake a real claim with a couple more performances like West Ham and Needham. I don't have enough words for Penney. Don't think I've seen someone consistently hit the first man with every cross or pass.

We played through them really well which was good, caught out a couple of time which led to the goals. Things to work on, but definitely going in the right direction. Hopefully we can have a statement performance against Wimbledon later

Hardly good been 4 down before Palace made lots of subs
The same at Arsenal yes I know they are premier league sides
But we are 3/4 weeks ahead in training my view Not good enough need to wake up straight from kick off get into good habits losing is not one of them
4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:39 - Jul 16 with 1804 viewsunstableblue

And that’s our B team bar ball, Donacien and Edmundson

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:00 - Jul 16 with 1560 viewsChrisd

4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:38 - Jul 16 by cressi

But we are 3/4 weeks ahead in training my view Not good enough need to wake up straight from kick off get into good habits losing is not one of them

For your information, we won't be playing the likes of a select Arsenal or Crystal Palace XI in L1. Similarly, when we spanked Needham Market the other week, they won't be playing against sides likes us in the Premier Central Southern League. Hope that helps to clear things up for you?!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 15:04]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:22 - Jul 16 with 1489 viewscressi

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:00 - Jul 16 by Chrisd

For your information, we won't be playing the likes of a select Arsenal or Crystal Palace XI in L1. Similarly, when we spanked Needham Market the other week, they won't be playing against sides likes us in the Premier Central Southern League. Hope that helps to clear things up for you?!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 15:04]

Chrisd
I was clear before I made the statement ur right Bolton are not Crystal Palace but also Bolton won't be playing kids halfway through a game. We have decent players at the level we are at but will need to get a semi settled line up 3 changes most weeks are more than enough need to build relationships between players and I Hate losing to anybody
4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:26 - Jul 16 with 1470 viewsChrisd

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:22 - Jul 16 by cressi

Chrisd
I was clear before I made the statement ur right Bolton are not Crystal Palace but also Bolton won't be playing kids halfway through a game. We have decent players at the level we are at but will need to get a semi settled line up 3 changes most weeks are more than enough need to build relationships between players and I Hate losing to anybody

Pre season especially this early on is all about fitness, nothing more. The results are irrelevant. None of our results during pre season will have any bearing on our L1 campaign, whether we win, lose or draw.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:52 - Jul 16 with 1369 viewsbackwaywhen

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:26 - Jul 16 by Chrisd

Pre season especially this early on is all about fitness, nothing more. The results are irrelevant. None of our results during pre season will have any bearing on our L1 campaign, whether we win, lose or draw.

Probably see a first 11 against Southend in the home friendly ….. 3 days before the Bolton game IMO
Login to get fewer ads

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:56 - Jul 16 with 1351 viewspointofblue

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:52 - Jul 16 by backwaywhen

Probably see a first 11 against Southend in the home friendly ….. 3 days before the Bolton game IMO

First XI against Millwall next week. Reserves against Southend except for cameos from those who need minutes in their legs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

4-2 good game against a good side. on 18:06 - Jul 16 with 1156 viewsBlueBadger

4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:38 - Jul 16 by cressi

Give over, you massive fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

4-2 good game against a good side. on 18:09 - Jul 16 with 1140 viewsFrimleyBlue

4-2 good game against a good side. on 15:22 - Jul 16 by cressi

Chrisd

Whats your point? We beat palace kids 2-0

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

4-2 good game against a good side. on 09:44 - Jul 17 with 802 viewsThe_Major

Exactly. I think there was one year where a full strength Sir Bob side lost at Lincoln -, may even have been prior to 80/81? Conversely, we beat a full strength SBR Porto side 2-1 for Stockwell's Testimonial - and they had reached the Champions League semi finals only a few months before. But that was before 1994/95, and we all know what happened next.

Using pre-season as an accurate predictor is hopeless. It can give you a few pointers, but that's all.

4-2 good game against a good side. on 10:38 - Jul 17 with 713 viewsjayessess

4-2 good game against a good side. on 13:04 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Boo. McKenna out!

No doubt that's been a good workout against a decent side - we'll have learnt a lot from that. Far better thumping several goals against lower opposition.

It is interesting, I would've assumed that you'd want much of our pre-season to mimic likely scenarios from our upcoming season. We'll spend a lot of time next year trying to break down teams like Wimbledon, not so much trying to go toe to toe with teams that have elite forwards.

But it's been weighted very much towards teams who, in a competitive match, we'd set up to play low block and counter attack.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

4-2 good game against a good side. on 10:50 - Jul 17 with 695 viewssolemio

4-2 good game against a good side. on 18:06 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Give over, you massive fanny.

Lucidly argued, BB.

Plus you are also correct!
4-2 good game against a good side. on 11:02 - Jul 17 with 674 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a bit more than that. It’s about performances as well as fitness (by that I mean players implementing the ideas and instructions from McKenna and the coaches). And you could argue that working on the performances will impact our season once it starts properly. The score though is utterly irrelevant, as you say.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024