Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. 08:23 - Jul 18 with 759 viewsWicksy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2022/jul/15/ipswic

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. on 09:01 - Jul 18 with 639 viewsChurchman

I hadn’t seen it. Thank you for posting it.

I know football was only invented with the Premier League, but as achievements it was quite phenomenal.
I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. on 09:10 - Jul 18 with 622 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

If you do a quick YouTube search West Ham vs Ipswich 1962 you can see some of those players in action.
I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. on 09:13 - Jul 18 with 614 viewsBlueBadger

Found the Norwich supporter in the comments.

LeighRichards

Lets get one thing straight - ramsey's ipswich smashed it long in a manner which was even less 'sophisticated' than wimbledon's crazy gang! By no stretch of the imagination could it be described as a victory for football, no matter how humble the champion's history was. Also wasnt a betting scandal involving a number of players later uncovered which raised serious doubts about that season's first division final standings?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. on 10:22 - Jul 18 with 532 viewsChurchman

I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. on 09:13 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

Found the Norwich supporter in the comments.

LeighRichards

Lets get one thing straight - ramsey's ipswich smashed it long in a manner which was even less 'sophisticated' than wimbledon's crazy gang! By no stretch of the imagination could it be described as a victory for football, no matter how humble the champion's history was. Also wasnt a betting scandal involving a number of players later uncovered which raised serious doubts about that season's first division final standings?

The betting scandal starts around a game in Dec 62 when Sheffield W lost 2-0 at PR - the season after the Championship. So wrong.

Ipswich did not smash it long in the derogatory manner described, if footage, credible reports and comments of people who were there are correct. They played in the same manner at the World Cup 66 team - withdrawn wingers from what I understand and it took a season for the other teams to work them out. Those who were there - please correct me if I’m wrong.

The Norwich supporter? Bitter.
I imagine this has already been posted, but just in case.. on 10:29 - Jul 18 with 485 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, but that wasn’t as impressive as Luton recently getting promoted a couple of divisions and almost getting promoted to the PL

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024