Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party 13:54 - Jul 19 with 4266 viewsunbelievablue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/19/antisemitism-factional-weapon-l

Details to follow. I'm sure this will be a cordial, 2 page thread.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 14:23 - Jul 19 with 2480 viewsGlasgowBlue

"We have also seen evidence of denialism about antisemitism amongst some on the Left, who asserted that the issue was being exaggerated to undermine the leader..

To be clear, we have seen no evidence that claims of antisemitism were fabricated by complainants or improperly pursued by the complaints team.”

Supporters AND opponents of Corbyn using the issue of antisemitism within the party “as a factional weapon." Both ‘sides’ were thus "weaponising the issue and failing to recognise the seriousness of antisemitism."

Corbyn himself declined to be interviewed for the report, though signed a joint submission to the inquiry. Forde described the Labour leader as “notably silent.

”I’m sure those who shouted smear and accused the British Jewish community of being in the pay of the Israel lobby will retract and aPologise.

Edit.

Blimey

[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 14:51]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:06 - Jul 19 with 2336 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 14:23 - Jul 19 by GlasgowBlue

"We have also seen evidence of denialism about antisemitism amongst some on the Left, who asserted that the issue was being exaggerated to undermine the leader..

To be clear, we have seen no evidence that claims of antisemitism were fabricated by complainants or improperly pursued by the complaints team.”

Supporters AND opponents of Corbyn using the issue of antisemitism within the party “as a factional weapon." Both ‘sides’ were thus "weaponising the issue and failing to recognise the seriousness of antisemitism."

Corbyn himself declined to be interviewed for the report, though signed a joint submission to the inquiry. Forde described the Labour leader as “notably silent.

”I’m sure those who shouted smear and accused the British Jewish community of being in the pay of the Israel lobby will retract and aPologise.

Edit.

Blimey

Desperately disingenuous to the end.

You smeared and lied for political reasons – and inexcusably exploited the fears of the Jewish community.

Shame on you and your ilk.

Pronouns: He/Him

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:07 - Jul 19 with 2360 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:06 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

You smeared and lied for political reasons – and inexcusably exploited the fears of the Jewish community.

Written without a hint of (English?!) irony.
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:10 - Jul 19 with 2309 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:07 - Jul 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Written without a hint of (English?!) irony.

And still?

Disgusting stuff, James.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:20 - Jul 19 with 2313 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:10 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

And still?

Disgusting stuff, James.

I’m not the one that dug in over a party which the EHRC report described as “our analysis points to a culture within the Party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent antisemitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it.”
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:25 - Jul 19 with 2265 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:20 - Jul 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’m not the one that dug in over a party which the EHRC report described as “our analysis points to a culture within the Party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent antisemitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it.”

I’m not the one who ignored the faction who ballsed it up and lied about it in a Panorama documentary.

The Forde Report evidence or at least the leaked report that prompted it should have been part of the EHRC evidence submission.

This is going to snowball now that it’s finally being addressed. Now the defence is to “both sides” it when it’s been outright denial until now.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:46 - Jul 19 with 2269 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 14:23 - Jul 19 by GlasgowBlue

Edit.

Blimey

Factionalism in the Labour Party? Surely not!

Did we really need a report to tell us what was obvious? Maybe some did, we’ll see if some entrenched positions soften. I also wonder how many of these recommendations have been implemented already? I haven’t had time to look to see what’s been done. If Starmer’s team have already started to get on top of this, that’ll be a big brownie point for them.

The only good news in that for Labour seems to be that complaints were taken seriously and properly investigated by the complaints unit. Slim pickings for positives though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:59 - Jul 19 with 2256 viewsunbelievablue

Work here is done.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:10 - Jul 19 with 2240 viewssolomon

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:06 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

I’m afraid your constant apologies for those who ignored antisemitism within the Labour Party has given me great concern. As a board member with Jewish heritage I’m not sure I can continue to see your posts, for that reason I’ve decided to put you on ignore, I wish you well and hope you find some kind of peace.
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:26 - Jul 19 with 2158 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:10 - Jul 19 by solomon

I’m afraid your constant apologies for those who ignored antisemitism within the Labour Party has given me great concern. As a board member with Jewish heritage I’m not sure I can continue to see your posts, for that reason I’ve decided to put you on ignore, I wish you well and hope you find some kind of peace.

Sorry to hear that Solomon. I’ll continue to read your posts as I think you’re a very good poster.

On this, we seem to have different evidence. I do take anti-racism and antisemitism very seriously, but I can’t see it blatantly exaggerated and abused for factional, party political or geo-political reasons.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:35 - Jul 19 with 2150 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:26 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

Sorry to hear that Solomon. I’ll continue to read your posts as I think you’re a very good poster.

On this, we seem to have different evidence. I do take anti-racism and antisemitism very seriously, but I can’t see it blatantly exaggerated and abused for factional, party political or geo-political reasons.

What do you mean by different evidence? Are you in either of the inner camps involved in this (Corbyn’s or central party office)? If not I don’t see how you can have different evidence. If you are involved and you do have different primary evidence, that should have been made available to the investigations.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:59 - Jul 19 with 2083 viewsCrayonKing

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 17:46 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

Factionalism in the Labour Party? Surely not!

Did we really need a report to tell us what was obvious? Maybe some did, we’ll see if some entrenched positions soften. I also wonder how many of these recommendations have been implemented already? I haven’t had time to look to see what’s been done. If Starmer’s team have already started to get on top of this, that’ll be a big brownie point for them.

The only good news in that for Labour seems to be that complaints were taken seriously and properly investigated by the complaints unit. Slim pickings for positives though.

It's pathetic isn't it?

It boggles my mind that the party of, broadly speaking, competitive individualism (Tories) are able to come together to win elections. Every. Single. Time. Yet the party of collectivism and community (again broadly speaking) is too busy destroying itself with in-fighting. Every. Single. Time.

Oh no, the wrong part of the Labour Party might get in government. The part that only believes in 80-90% of the same stuff as me! Better sabotage from the sidelines and wait another xx years for the Chosen One to get in. Must be nice to be comfortable enough that you can can be so patient.

P.s. anyone on the left who genuinely thinks a Starmer-led Labour Party is no better than a Johnson (soon to be Truss?) led Tory party is either a loon or a troll.
[Redacted] on 19:02 - Jul 19 with 2076 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 19:03 - Jul 19 with 2056 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:35 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

What do you mean by different evidence? Are you in either of the inner camps involved in this (Corbyn’s or central party office)? If not I don’t see how you can have different evidence. If you are involved and you do have different primary evidence, that should have been made available to the investigations.

“ What do you mean by different evidence?”

He means evidence he “agrees with”.

Who needs experts eh?
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 19:05 - Jul 19 with 2011 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:35 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

Antisemitism cases and prevalence in the Labour Party are already well-documented. The accusations have gone way further than that.

So there seems to be a discrepancy in the evidence or what’s seen as evidence.

But I’ve certainly seen accusations used as evidence on multiple occasions here and elsewhere. Even the most egregious and unfounded accusations.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 19:06 - Jul 19 with 2023 viewsGlasgowBlue

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 18:26 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

You’re literally telling a Jewish person that you recognise and understand antisemitism better than he does.

The sheer arrogance.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 19:14]

Iron Lion Zion

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 21:09 - Jul 19 with 1884 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Clearly weaponised by those within Labour that saw Corbyn as a greater threat than the Conservatives don't you think Lowhouse and Glasgow?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/19/key-takeaways-forde-report-labo

Trot hunting’ and bellringing

There was concerning behaviour by senior staff opposed to Corbyn attempting to expel party members. Staff described this process as “hunting out thousands of trots”, “trot busting”, “trot spotting”, “trot hunting” and one suggested searching the pro-Corbyn hashtag “#imwithjezza” to see if users had posted abuse. One employee described regular “bellringing” in Labour HQ.

I was advised that the bellringing was conducted by the ‘compliance’ unit and represented the successful suspension or expulsion of a member — often surrounded by the description of such members as ‘trots’.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 21:39 - Jul 19 with 1840 viewsgazzer1999

I love this line “ The report also criticises a "culture of intellectual smugness which exists at the extremes of the political spectrum" of Labour opinion.” Really never.
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 22:20 - Jul 19 with 1743 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 19:06 - Jul 19 by GlasgowBlue

You’re literally telling a Jewish person that you recognise and understand antisemitism better than he does.

The sheer arrogance.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 19:14]

Oh shut up. I’m genuinely sorry Solomon feels that way and I’d welcome a discussion with him.

I don’t think the discussion needs a disingenuous politicking liar like you.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 22:29 - Jul 19 with 1721 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 19:03 - Jul 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“ What do you mean by different evidence?”

He means evidence he “agrees with”.

Who needs experts eh?

I’ve gone through the evidence and the accusations in the past.

Keep bluffing James. You’re just going to lose more.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 22:48 - Jul 19 with 1706 viewsGlasgowBlue

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 22:29 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

I’ve gone through the evidence and the accusations in the past.

Keep bluffing James. You’re just going to lose more.

You defended Chris Williamson against charges of antisemitism. He was kicked out of the Labour Party and now peddles antisemitic conspiracy theories on Iranian state media.

You defended Pete Willsman when he accused the 68 British Rabbis of being directed by the Israeli embassy, when they wrote an open letter voicing concerns over antisemitism in the Labour Party. Not only did you defend him, you agreed with him and continued to peddle the same tropes that saw Willsman kicked out of the Labour Party. If you were a member of the Labour Party, your posts on TWTD would have seen you suspended and disciplined.

You defended the antisemitic mural, despite Corbyn eventually admitting that the mural was antisemitic.

Your posting history is littered with you defending, agreeing with and repeating antisemitic tropes. Links available on request.

For Phil’s sanity, I’ll leave it there.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 22:49]

Iron Lion Zion

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 23:58 - Jul 19 with 1639 viewsbalcombeblue

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 22:48 - Jul 19 by GlasgowBlue

You defended Chris Williamson against charges of antisemitism. He was kicked out of the Labour Party and now peddles antisemitic conspiracy theories on Iranian state media.

You defended Pete Willsman when he accused the 68 British Rabbis of being directed by the Israeli embassy, when they wrote an open letter voicing concerns over antisemitism in the Labour Party. Not only did you defend him, you agreed with him and continued to peddle the same tropes that saw Willsman kicked out of the Labour Party. If you were a member of the Labour Party, your posts on TWTD would have seen you suspended and disciplined.

You defended the antisemitic mural, despite Corbyn eventually admitting that the mural was antisemitic.

Your posting history is littered with you defending, agreeing with and repeating antisemitic tropes. Links available on request.

Sort of provides some balance for the frenzy that we’ve seen on this board in recent weeks.

Some funny quotes from the leader of momentum too, they really just don’t get it.

I quite enjoyed the comment about smugness too!
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 00:15 - Jul 20 with 1588 viewsDarth_Koont

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 22:48 - Jul 19 by GlasgowBlue

Smeary smear merchant.

I’ll leave it there.

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 03:54 - Jul 20 with 1514 viewsjayceee

Democracy does not exist in the UK at the moment. Now there is only a choice between Tory or Tory-light. Corbyn was the last chance at reducing inequality - and was blocked by those in his own party with blatant lies and deceit. If that's not obvious then you're captured, plain thick or immeasurably wealthy.
Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 06:08 - Jul 20 with 1450 viewssolomon

Forde Report: Anti-Semitism used as 'factional weapon' in Labour party on 03:54 - Jul 20 by jayceee

Democracy does not exist in the UK at the moment. Now there is only a choice between Tory or Tory-light. Corbyn was the last chance at reducing inequality - and was blocked by those in his own party with blatant lies and deceit. If that's not obvious then you're captured, plain thick or immeasurably wealthy.

What does exist in the uk is blatant racism, unfortunately antisemitism is rife within certain sections of society, the rise of social media platforms has emboldened them immensely. No one should have to endure any form of racism or racial abuse anywhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024