Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone on here predicted this I'm sure 23:39 - Jul 19 with 1350 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/we-want-a-vote-to-keep-boris-johnson-as-pm

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 01:08 - Jul 20 with 1239 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Glasgow, Oldsmoker and I mused on it here:

I'll call it now... by ArnoldMoorhen 7 Jul 2022 9:47
If Johnson is able to stay on as PM until the Autumn, then I expect an announcement within the next couple of weeks that the Royal Navy will be sent to the Black Sea to accompany Grain from Ukraine to Africa.

One last grand gesture on the world stage.

(Of course, if one hits a mine then we might find ourselves at war with Russia, and "It would be irresponsible for me to step down at such a time.")

I may have said more about it elsewhere, but I heard a Nicky Campbell phone in on 5 Live the morning after The Great Resignation and some Tory members were demanding that he be allowed to stand.

And I think I may have said at some point that had he lost the confidence vote then he would not have been allowed to stand, but because he didn't lose it then there would be nothing stopping him standing again.

It could yet happen.

Then the Queen will have to step in, because 148 backbenchers were against him, 50 or so ministers and trade envoys resigned, so he simply doesn't command a majority.

I said in a post earlier

"If we have a General Election*

* we can no longer take anything for granted "

If Johnson is allowed to stand on this ballot paper then the possibility of him finding an excuse not to have a General Election when it is due goes up exponentially. And his Enabling Act and Fascist coup will be complete.
Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:19 - Jul 20 with 1055 viewsGuthrum

Johnson's Cunning Plan?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:30 - Jul 20 with 1028 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Typical of Tory membership at the current time for me, "I demand".

Always about the self, never about the whole. No care that he is trashing the UK's reputation on the world stage, just about, "well, we like him"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:37 - Jul 20 with 1013 viewsStokieBlue

1.25% of Tory members then?

That's the amoeba section of the membership. They can just as happily vote for Truss I am sure.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:40 - Jul 20 with 1001 viewsclive_baker

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:19 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

Johnson's Cunning Plan?

Are you crediting Johnson with possessing some degree of foresight? Feels somewhat far fetched on the evidence we've seen.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:11 - Jul 20 with 946 viewsNthQldITFC

1 in 80 decrepit old loons. Shouldn't be a problem unless they take their Purdeys and march on Parliament, one of them perhaps wearing a fox fur over his head and grinning like a vacuous tvvat.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:19 - Jul 20 with 931 viewsGuthrum

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:40 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

Are you crediting Johnson with possessing some degree of foresight? Feels somewhat far fetched on the evidence we've seen.

I'd say Johnson's pretty good at political maneuvering, in a self-advantageous sense. The problems have only come when everybody has got tired of letting him get away with stuff.

Competence and cunning are not the same thing - the latter can often cover for lack of the former.

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:20 - Jul 20 with 924 viewsLord_Lucan

I first said that Boris Johnson will be Prime Minister many years ago on here and there were howls of derision.

Get ready.....

He will be Prime Minister again at some point.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:30 - Jul 20 with 897 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:20 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

I first said that Boris Johnson will be Prime Minister many years ago on here and there were howls of derision.

Get ready.....

Piers Morgan's first book predicted the same thing. As well as lots of other stuff, including re Trump etc. An excellent read whether you like the man or not.

Book is called The Insider and was first published 20 odd years ago.
Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:53 - Jul 20 with 862 viewsGuthrum

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:20 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

Get ready.....

I'm sure he'd like to have a go. However, it's a difficult feat to pull off* and would need pretty serious leverage (an issue on the level of Brexit) in order to succeed.

* Since 1900 has only been done by those who remained as leader of their party while in opposition, having lost an election.

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 11:03 - Jul 20 with 840 viewsLord_Lucan

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 10:30 - Jul 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Piers Morgan's first book predicted the same thing. As well as lots of other stuff, including re Trump etc. An excellent read whether you like the man or not.

Book is called The Insider and was first published 20 odd years ago.

I haven't read that, I'll take a look.

He writes well, i read both of his diary type books.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 11:07 - Jul 20 with 825 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 11:03 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't read that, I'll take a look.

He writes well, i read both of his diary type books.

I think it was his first diary type book.
Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 11:09 - Jul 20 with 813 viewsLord_Lucan

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 11:07 - Jul 20 by PrideOfTheEast

I think it was his first diary type book.

Ah, I'll check it out anyway to confirm.

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 12:09 - Jul 20 with 749 viewsghostofescobar

A couple of weeks ago I posted the following in a thread: “ wouldn’t put it past Johnson to somehow try and hang on. As usual he’s playing for time and will hope that something happens that means he can stay on.” Unusual for me to make any kind of prediction that is even close to be correct. Must go and do the lottery………

GhostOfEscobar

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 12:27 - Jul 20 with 714 viewsZapers

Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 09:37 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

1.25% of Tory members then?

That's the amoeba section of the membership. They can just as happily vote for Truss I am sure.

SB

I seem to remember that in a recent poll, 75% of conservative voters want BJ reinstated. I suspect substantially more members will be voting in favour than you are suggesting.
Someone on here predicted this I'm sure on 14:47 - Jul 20 with 614 viewsBonneNIL

As much as I think he was a terrible PM, I kinda get their point.

They pay whatever a year to be members, they choose Boris to be leader, overwhelmingly and they back him more than they do their own MP's on average. The MP's have got a shot of the guy they voted for, without asking them, and have descended into a mess. Why shouldn't Johnson be given as an option on the member's ballot? If the MP's don't like it, or he doesn't like his MP's let's have a General Election and put it to bed.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024