Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England ladies 22:14 - Jul 20 with 1267 viewsStu_boy

Apologies if im missing something but why dont england women play at wembley? Tgey are representing the country in a major tornament so surely the home games for england should be at the national stadium
England ladies on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 1219 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think they don't attract sufficient crowd to make it work - better to play in a nearly full stadium than a half empty one. Plus this is a tournament so I think different matches are in different stadia according to the rounds.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

England ladies on 22:19 - Jul 20 with 1215 viewsjeera

There's got to be a pun about things money can't buy there but I can't quite come up with it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

England ladies on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 1190 viewsStu_boy

England ladies on 22:17 - Jul 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think they don't attract sufficient crowd to make it work - better to play in a nearly full stadium than a half empty one. Plus this is a tournament so I think different matches are in different stadia according to the rounds.

Makes sense, the tornament overal has been entertaining so far in the absence of itfc but roll on 30 july
England ladies on 22:23 - Jul 20 with 1181 viewsSwansea_Blue

England ladies on 22:17 - Jul 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yep. Look at the crowd as well - lots of kids on free-be offers from local schools, kids teams, etc. Not so much the roar of the crowd, but the pre-pubescent squeal. That’s not a bad thing and great to see a younger crowd getting involved, but they’re not attracting that many fans from mens football. Hopefully that’ll change as I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen.

Edit - that's a bit harsh tonight. Their crowd is normally full of kids, but much more of a mixed crowd tonight.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 22:36]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England ladies on 22:43 - Jul 20 with 1051 viewsjeera

England ladies on 22:23 - Jul 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. Look at the crowd as well - lots of kids on free-be offers from local schools, kids teams, etc. Not so much the roar of the crowd, but the pre-pubescent squeal. That’s not a bad thing and great to see a younger crowd getting involved, but they’re not attracting that many fans from mens football. Hopefully that’ll change as I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen.

Edit - that's a bit harsh tonight. Their crowd is normally full of kids, but much more of a mixed crowd tonight.

Good to see equality fully at work too.

The women's team have to suffer the same naff songs as the men's.

"Sweeeet Caaaaarroliiiiiinnne da da da...!"

Sigh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

England ladies on 22:49 - Jul 20 with 1007 viewsZXBlue

England ladies on 22:23 - Jul 20 by Swansea_Blue

The games have been full of paying spectators. No freebies.
England ladies on 22:56 - Jul 20 with 967 viewsJ2BLUE

Every result like tonight is another step closer to that happening.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

England ladies on 23:31 - Jul 20 with 842 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Been to a couple of Englands earlier games - atmosphere great, family orientated but loud nevertheless, different to mens game, packed out 30,000 stadiums too, great experience

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Login to get fewer ads

England ladies on 23:53 - Jul 20 with 794 viewsrickw

That's a bit of a criticism I've head about the organisers.
The first match was a 75,000 sell out at Old Trafford, then they've played at smaller grounds.
I think it's good to play in different area's of the country but I think they underestimated the interest and should have picked bigger stadiums

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024