Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Development of fanzone 06:47 - Jul 25 with 1166 viewsEssexBloo

I know there was a thread last week about some initial plans but I’ve just been looking at how smart Ashton Gate is. I hadn’t realised how much work they did on their stadium.
Ashton was obviously involved and if he can pull off something similar with the same vision for the fanzone (and maybe a new Cobbold Stand?) then Portman Road could be spectacular in a few years and I’d be proud if we could match how modern AG is now.
It’s a big ‘could’ of course. Does anyone know what the long term plan is re development?
Development of fanzone on 06:53 - Jul 25 with 1100 viewstractorboy7777

I’m pretty sure Ashton Gate work was before Ashton was there

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Development of fanzone on 07:25 - Jul 25 with 1026 viewstrncbluearmy

Sorry to disagree it looks like a bloody great yank shopping mall

awful, mind you I would favour bringing back the proper Northstand

Know many enjoy fanzones but they take business away from local pubs and restaurant's
Development of fanzone on 07:46 - Jul 25 with 963 viewsMetal_Hacker

Development of fanzone on 07:25 - Jul 25 by trncbluearmy

Sorry to disagree it looks like a bloody great yank shopping mall

awful, mind you I would favour bringing back the proper Northstand

Know many enjoy fanzones but they take business away from local pubs and restaurant's

I guess it does take away from local businesses but it's vital income offering a little more financial support to the club having the fanzone

Unfortunately you can't have it both ways

Poll: If it were one or the other

Development of fanzone on 07:57 - Jul 25 with 932 viewsBrianTablet

Personally, I don't mind too much what happens as long as it enables us to stay at PR.
This club is so entwined with its heritage that moving to an Ikea new build would rip out the heart of ITFC.

I'd love us to have a sympathetic revamp but with some original architectural touches in keeping with Suffolk heritage.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Development of fanzone on 13:14 - Jul 25 with 675 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think we need any new stands any time soon.

Building new stands has only ever set us back rather than helped us progress.

Yes, refurbish the current stadium / fanzone etc, but no new stands required.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Development of fanzone on 13:28 - Jul 25 with 629 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You wouldn't be saying that about Ashton Gate if you had to watch your football there. It all looks very pretty, yes, but the old Ashton gate had a bit of character at least.

The new Ashton Gate has both penalty areas in darkness during the winter as Landsdown cut cost by not ordering enough floodlights to go along the roofline of the stands.

As a result, instead of an overall even light all over the pitch, there are 'dabs' of light in patches, and relatively, very little light in both penalty areas.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024