Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 million for Hirst 08:57 - Jul 25 with 4791 viewsUppaTowen78

https://t.co/oHL6C2Oexy

“ The News understands that if Leicester were to sell the striker this summer, a fee in the region of £2m would be sought.”
2 million for Hirst on 09:07 - Jul 25 with 4630 viewsBlueBlood90

To be fair I don't think you can expect to pay much less than £2m for quality strikers these days.

If McKenna is adamant that he's the man for us then I'm sure we'll be prepared to pay it.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

2 million for Hirst on 09:18 - Jul 25 with 4483 viewsitfcsuth

A lot of money for a League 1 club.

I don't think the Hirst deal has any real legs anyway - don't think he'll want to be playing in L1 for at least another season.
2 million for Hirst on 09:25 - Jul 25 with 4379 viewsKieran_Knows

I don’t think the money aspect is an issue for us. I suspect we’d agree a deal in that region for him. But I suspect he’ll end up wanting to play Championship football, which I imagine he’ll get a move there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2 million for Hirst on 09:45 - Jul 25 with 4146 viewsITFCBlues

2 million for Hirst on 09:25 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

I don’t think the money aspect is an issue for us. I suspect we’d agree a deal in that region for him. But I suspect he’ll end up wanting to play Championship football, which I imagine he’ll get a move there.

I'm not sure there are many Championship sides who can afford 2m these days. It's been said that there's a real lack of cash about in the Championship this summer.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

2 million for Hirst on 09:47 - Jul 25 with 4115 viewsjayessess

2 million for Hirst on 09:25 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

I think Leicester might struggle to get that sort of money for him out of a Championship club. He's 23, had half a good season in League One and for the less wealthy teams in that league, £2m is what you pay for first teamers rather than a squad player. If we're the ones who agree an asking price, then Championship teams might not come into it at all.

Given we seem to have sustained an interest all Summer, you'd also presume we've got at least a vague idea of his openness to the move.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

2 million for Hirst on 10:22 - Jul 25 with 3835 viewsdavblue

2 million for Hirst on 09:47 - Jul 25 by jayessess

I think Leicester might struggle to get that sort of money for him out of a Championship club. He's 23, had half a good season in League One and for the less wealthy teams in that league, £2m is what you pay for first teamers rather than a squad player. If we're the ones who agree an asking price, then Championship teams might not come into it at all.

Given we seem to have sustained an interest all Summer, you'd also presume we've got at least a vague idea of his openness to the move.

He's also played for a lot of the younger England age groups which will help his value. 2 million is a reasonable price for a player who's scored goals in League 1.
2 million for Hirst on 10:32 - Jul 25 with 3701 viewsWestover

2 million seems expensive for a player who scored 13 times from 40 games in league 1, only 23 years old so your hoping for improvement but will be improve that's the gamble.
2 million for Hirst on 10:38 - Jul 25 with 3641 viewsExiled2Surrey

2 million for Hirst on 09:47 - Jul 25 by jayessess

One reference point played against us on Saturday. Millwall, a top half Championship team (if not necessarily by revenue) have just broken their transfer record by spending 1.7m on Zian Flemming, a 22 year old who is ex Ajax youth and had a reasonable scoring record for two consecutive seasons in the top Dutch league...
Login to get fewer ads

2 million for Hirst on 10:39 - Jul 25 with 3617 viewsjayessess

2 million for Hirst on 10:22 - Jul 25 by davblue

He's also played for a lot of the younger England age groups which will help his value. 2 million is a reasonable price for a player who's scored goals in League 1.

Not sure how much play your England U20 caps get when you're 23.

The biggest outgoing transfer from League One last year was £1.6m. There's a bit more money about this year but I do wonder if he's quite done enough for a rich enough club to decide he'll be their main man.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 10:41]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

2 million for Hirst on 10:49 - Jul 25 with 3524 viewsVeggie

Sweet. We can just use the Downes sell on. Cheers West Ham.
2 million for Hirst on 10:52 - Jul 25 with 3478 viewsParky

Not personally sure he’s worth £2m, especially with one year left on his current deal.

You’re clearly buying his potential, but let’s not forget that he had a very similar season to Macauley Bonne last season, but finishing strong rather than starting strong.

Not my money, but not sure a League One club should be spending £2m on a player.
2 million for Hirst on 10:53 - Jul 25 with 3463 viewsgosblue

2 million for Hirst on 10:22 - Jul 25 by davblue

Hold out for £1.5m which will rise to £2m anyway with add-ons. I think LCFC are more desperate for a transfer war chest than we are to sign any particular striker. £2n is too much for lge 1. Let’s not forget we are a cash buyer and don’t need to sell to fund the move. Pompey can’t afford to buy him and if he ends up in the championship then so be it. We can move on.
2 million for Hirst on 11:04 - Jul 25 with 3299 viewsdavblue

2 million for Hirst on 10:39 - Jul 25 by jayessess

The biggest outgoing transfer from League One last year was £1.6m. There's a bit more money about this year but I do wonder if he's quite done enough for a rich enough club to decide he'll be their main man.

on the caps it generally show's the pedigree of a player, he's only 23 has potential for a good re sale value if we get in the championship,and scored goals there he could be worth 10 million plus. Even in league 1 if he scores goals for us you would expect to get 2-4 million back.

Last year was coming out of Covid, crowds back, im not saying there will be plenty of money about but you suspect we will be one of the teams can can pay a fee of that stature if required.
2 million for Hirst on 11:19 - Jul 25 with 3134 viewssuffolkpoker

2 million for Hirst on 10:39 - Jul 25 by jayessess

here is a list off all time transfer fee (incoming only)

1 Will Grigg 18/19 Sunderland £3.06m
2 John Brayford 14/15 Sheffield United £2.07m
3 Britt Assombalonga 13/14 Peterborough £1.71m
4 John Marquis Portsmouth £1.53m
5 Mo Eisa MK Dons £1.35m
6 Will Grigg Wigan £1.27m
7 Jonson Clarke-Harris Peterborough £1.26m
8 Reece James Wigan £1.26m
9 José Fonte Southampton £1.26m
10 Gary Madine Sheff Wed £1.08m
11 Rickie Lambert Southampton £1.08m

Some decent strikers in that list. It would make Hirst the 3rd biggest in the leagues history.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 11:20]

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

2 million for Hirst on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 2876 viewsBigCommon

2 million for Hirst on 10:32 - Jul 25 by Westover

2 million seems expensive for a player who scored 13 times from 40 games in league 1, only 23 years old so your hoping for improvement but will be improve that's the gamble.

1 goal in 3 games isn't a bad return, when you consider some sub appearances and having to find his feet with loan moves... He started firing, once settled in at Pompey..
2m is a chunk.. But the dividend could be 4 or 5 times that, should he do well for a couple of seasons, including a good season at Champ' level..
Lots of ifs and buts. But then, that's the gamble you take, if you think you can improve a young player..
2 million for Hirst on 12:34 - Jul 25 with 2729 viewssouthnorfolkblue

2 million for Hirst on 09:07 - Jul 25 by BlueBlood90

To be fair I don't think you can expect to pay much less than £2m for quality strikers these days.

If McKenna is adamant that he's the man for us then I'm sure we'll be prepared to pay it.

Jury must be out though on whether he is quality or just in the promising category. Personally I would have thought that we could get better value for money elsewhere. That said if the deal could be structured to pay some of the money on promotion that would make sense, because as has been said elsewhere his value is only likely to rise if we are in the Championship

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

2 million for Hirst on 16:33 - Jul 25 with 2156 viewsKropotkin123

2 million for Hirst on 10:32 - Jul 25 by Westover

Pretty sure he was predominantly a sub in the first half of the season. He's thought of highly because people are looking more at the 13 goals in 2425 mins.

(90×46)÷(2425÷13) = 22.19 across a full season

...or the reasons behind that, hopefully, so we don't get ourselves in another Pigott situation.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

2 million for Hirst on 10:15 - Jul 30 with 1659 viewsTractorTom5

2 million for Hirst on 09:18 - Jul 25 by itfcsuth

A lot of money for a League 1 club.

I don't think the Hirst deal has any real legs anyway - don't think he'll want to be playing in L1 for at least another season.

Hirst won’t be coming to us, get real
2 million for Hirst on 10:19 - Jul 30 with 1613 viewspointofblue

Would be disappointed if we signed him for that amount. A rip off considering what he’s achieved so far.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2 million for Hirst on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 1407 viewsVaughan8

I don't really know this guy but from one half decent season in League one, 2million sounds a lot.

England caps years ago for u20s doesn't man anything now hes 23.

I wouldn't be happy spending that much on him tbh
2 million for Hirst on 10:57 - Jul 30 with 1390 viewsbilllm

2 million for Hirst on 10:19 - Jul 30 by pointofblue

Would be disappointed if we signed him for that amount. A rip off considering what he’s achieved so far.

Bonne will be back
2 million for Hirst on 11:30 - Jul 30 with 1224 viewsArnieM

2 million for Hirst on 10:57 - Jul 30 by billlm

Bonne will be back

What makes you say this?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024