Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… 14:38 - Jul 25 with 1904 viewshatch

…where’s best to take him to watch Liverpool v City after the match at 5pm? Somewhere we can hot foot to and I could book a table with a half decent atmosphere?

Don’t go out in Ipswich much. Isaacs is doable but never know if it’s that decent with plastic pint glasses etc. Guide me please TWTD…
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 14:41 - Jul 25 with 1832 viewsSitfcB

Wiff Waff? Also down on the docks.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 14:43 - Jul 25 with 1818 viewsRegencyBlue

The Plough maybe?

I haven’t been in there for quite a while but it used to beOK on match days.
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 14:44 - Jul 25 with 1808 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

At least in Isaacs, you won’t miss a kick when you go for a piss.

Would hot foot it there tbh. Table service and plenty of screens. Bit pricey but I tend to have a couple in there before a match.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 14:46 - Jul 25 with 1787 viewsportmanking

Briarbank IMO.
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 14:55 - Jul 25 with 1724 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Unless they’ve changed back in the past could of months, Isaacs hasn’t had plastic glasses for some time now

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 16:01 - Jul 25 with 1529 viewsITFC_Forever

Isaacs, The Plough, or if you don’t mind a walk, The Halberd.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 17:12 - Jul 25 with 1424 viewsyesjohn99

Unless they are from Liverpool bin them off.
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 17:35 - Jul 25 with 1377 viewshatch

Cheers all. Have enquired with Wiff Waff that I’ve never heard of - £20 deposit on matchdays but may go there. If the sun is out isaacs courtyard may be nicer if we can get there in good time.

He’s from Ealing. But think his family are scousers.
Login to get fewer ads

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 21:12 - Aug 1 with 1140 viewshatch

So thought I'd update on how it went - seeing as I've not been out in Ipswich for a little while.

We went to Isaacs and managed to nab a table outside near the square of screens. Good to see them serving in actual glasses rather than plastics - helluva lot of flying ants in there though, and I didn't see them anywhere else bizarrely.

Then we did a bar crawl through Town and my mates were fascinated by their first ever visit to Ipswich.

Mate wanted to get cheap Wetherspoons food and drinks so we started at The Cricketers - but their kitchen was closed. Quite a few Bolton fans in there.

Went past Yates which had a queue of 15 blokes at about 8pm.

Onto The Rep which I remember going to about 12 years ago and it was alright, it was in a sad state on Saturday. We actually went back there twice as my mate fancied the bartender and it was no busier come 10.30pm. Such a promising venue in terms of size but in the wrong part of Town.

Into the Swan and used the outside bar where we enjoyed vodka lemonades from an R Whites plastic bottle in a garden taken over by bikers.

Next stop K Bar - seemed to liven up whilst we were there. I do think it's one of the better venues.

Bar Twenty One looked very hot and sweaty so swerved.

The Falcon was dead so swerved.

On we go for a drink in The Plough - lively and surely one of the smallest bar queue spaces known to man? I like the live bands they have in there though, shame there's nowhere to stand and watch it.

Finally we look to end the night in The Wine Bar which I very much enjoyed back in February. My mate stopped two ladies on their way home and somehow managed to get them to join the three of us and next thing I know they're both playing tonsil tennis in the Wine Bar and I'm sat trying to work out if Uber has made it to Ipswich yet.

Summary - it's never going to be a swanky night out but it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not and it leads to some fascinating sights and conversations. 7/10 - would visit again.
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 921 viewsOsborneOneNil

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 21:12 - Aug 1 by hatch

So thought I'd update on how it went - seeing as I've not been out in Ipswich for a little while.

We went to Isaacs and managed to nab a table outside near the square of screens. Good to see them serving in actual glasses rather than plastics - helluva lot of flying ants in there though, and I didn't see them anywhere else bizarrely.

Then we did a bar crawl through Town and my mates were fascinated by their first ever visit to Ipswich.

Mate wanted to get cheap Wetherspoons food and drinks so we started at The Cricketers - but their kitchen was closed. Quite a few Bolton fans in there.

Went past Yates which had a queue of 15 blokes at about 8pm.

Onto The Rep which I remember going to about 12 years ago and it was alright, it was in a sad state on Saturday. We actually went back there twice as my mate fancied the bartender and it was no busier come 10.30pm. Such a promising venue in terms of size but in the wrong part of Town.

Into the Swan and used the outside bar where we enjoyed vodka lemonades from an R Whites plastic bottle in a garden taken over by bikers.

Next stop K Bar - seemed to liven up whilst we were there. I do think it's one of the better venues.

Bar Twenty One looked very hot and sweaty so swerved.

The Falcon was dead so swerved.

On we go for a drink in The Plough - lively and surely one of the smallest bar queue spaces known to man? I like the live bands they have in there though, shame there's nowhere to stand and watch it.

Finally we look to end the night in The Wine Bar which I very much enjoyed back in February. My mate stopped two ladies on their way home and somehow managed to get them to join the three of us and next thing I know they're both playing tonsil tennis in the Wine Bar and I'm sat trying to work out if Uber has made it to Ipswich yet.

Summary - it's never going to be a swanky night out but it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not and it leads to some fascinating sights and conversations. 7/10 - would visit again.

What did your mates think of the game?
Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 23:02 - Aug 1 with 842 viewshatch

Taking a Liverpool fan to the game Saturday… on 22:20 - Aug 1 by OsborneOneNil

What did your mates think of the game?

Liverpool fan said that atmosphere was one of the best he had experienced, was very impressed.

Newcastle fan said we should have taken far more pop shots against their shaky keeper.

Both thoroughly enjoyed it though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024