Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. 14:46 - Jul 25 with 4596 viewsZapers

Another nail in the Corbyn coffin. Kier Starmer looks more appealing by the day!
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 14:53 - Jul 25 with 2373 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62287310.amp

Lots of rhetoric, light in detail. Whilst he’s highlighted all the key issues, he hasn’t really said what policies he’d implement to drive economic growth (besides what sounds like a think-tank).

Surely rejoining the single market would bring the biggest boost…but he’s already ruled that out.
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 14:53 - Jul 25 with 2355 viewsfactual_blue

If you spelt his name correctly, that would be good.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:30 - Jul 25 with 2263 viewsgazzer1999

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 14:53 - Jul 25 by factual_blue

If you spelt his name correctly, that would be good.

Smarmer, that better for you?
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 2186 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 14:53 - Jul 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62287310.amp

Lots of rhetoric, light in detail. Whilst he’s highlighted all the key issues, he hasn’t really said what policies he’d implement to drive economic growth (besides what sounds like a think-tank).

Surely rejoining the single market would bring the biggest boost…but he’s already ruled that out.

Just when we get rid of one vacuous, inadequate, self-serving liar along comes the alternative ...

What a time to be alive.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:55 - Jul 25 with 2144 viewsXYZ

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:51 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

Just when we get rid of one vacuous, inadequate, self-serving liar along comes the alternative ...

What a time to be alive.

I'm really not sure that equating Starmer with Johnson achieves what you might want it to achieve.

I wonder what support there would be for (re)nationalising rail, water, gas & electric right now - pretty high I would guess.

And it would put a few european noses out of joint too given they own most of this stuff ...
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:01 - Jul 25 with 2133 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:55 - Jul 25 by XYZ

I'm really not sure that equating Starmer with Johnson achieves what you might want it to achieve.

I wonder what support there would be for (re)nationalising rail, water, gas & electric right now - pretty high I would guess.

And it would put a few european noses out of joint too given they own most of this stuff ...

That’s just 1 of the 10 broken pledges.

Saying one thing and then saying the opposite on the full range of issues is definitely Johnson-level stuff.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 16:01]

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:03 - Jul 25 with 2130 viewsjeera

Why on earth wouldn't anyone want our main services to be British owned?

If you're going to troll at least try to be consistent with your views.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 2115 viewsgiant_stow

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:51 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

What a time to be alive.

I get that you truly believe that, but can you not see how destructive that sort of statement is?

It's basically the political equivalent of bot disinformation campaigns in Trump campaigns, sowing seeds of doubt about the accuracy (or in this case, honesty) of *all* actors. This can only benefit the worst actors out there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:09 - Jul 25 with 2107 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:04 - Jul 25 by giant_stow

I get that you truly believe that, but can you not see how destructive that sort of statement is?

It's basically the political equivalent of bot disinformation campaigns in Trump campaigns, sowing seeds of doubt about the accuracy (or in this case, honesty) of *all* actors. This can only benefit the worst actors out there.

Starmer and the Labour right are the worst actors too.

They’re anti-democratic, self-serving, dishonest and insufficient by any measure. The citizens of the UK are desperate for better than them or the Tories. And we can’t afford to waste more years making the underlying conditions even worse.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:20 - Jul 25 with 2061 viewsjeera

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:09 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

Starmer and the Labour right are the worst actors too.

They’re anti-democratic, self-serving, dishonest and insufficient by any measure. The citizens of the UK are desperate for better than them or the Tories. And we can’t afford to waste more years making the underlying conditions even worse.

Speaking as someone who generally agrees with you I don't understand what it is you're calling for right now.

No one here is going to see it in their interests to vote for the SNP, for example, so who would you suggest?

There's no leadership contest in the Labour camp so it's not like there's a choice on offer.

I feel let down by Starmer so far and agree about standing by one's principles and getting elected by those principles. Trouble is, the majority of the public don't seem to give a sh1t about principles anyway.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:21 - Jul 25 with 2053 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What a time to be alive.

“Just when we get rid of one vacuous, inadequate, self-serving liar along comes the alternative ... ”

Why do you have to bring Corbyn up every time?
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:24 - Jul 25 with 2032 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:21 - Jul 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“Just when we get rid of one vacuous, inadequate, self-serving liar along comes the alternative ... ”

That doesn’t work, James.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:25 - Jul 25 with 2028 viewsunbelievablue

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:21 - Jul 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Of all the charges against JC, these aren't particularly strong!

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:31 - Jul 25 with 1997 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:20 - Jul 25 by jeera

Speaking as someone who generally agrees with you I don't understand what it is you're calling for right now.

No one here is going to see it in their interests to vote for the SNP, for example, so who would you suggest?

There's no leadership contest in the Labour camp so it's not like there's a choice on offer.

I feel let down by Starmer so far and agree about standing by one's principles and getting elected by those principles. Trouble is, the majority of the public don't seem to give a sh1t about principles anyway.

If we’re months and potentially years out from an election then we can surely be demanding more of an alternative?

People have their head up their @sses if they think the UK needs essentially more of the same but waving a different coloured flag.

The UK is breaking apart along all sorts of different lines and yet we have no real political choice and no-one providing any policies or vision let alone principles.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:37 - Jul 25 with 1980 viewsnoggin

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:20 - Jul 25 by jeera

Last sentence says it all, sadly. ROol bRiTanYa!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:40 - Jul 25 with 1966 viewsjeera

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:31 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

If we’re months and potentially years out from an election then we can surely be demanding more of an alternative?

People have their head up their @sses if they think the UK needs essentially more of the same but waving a different coloured flag.

The UK is breaking apart along all sorts of different lines and yet we have no real political choice and no-one providing any policies or vision let alone principles.

Again, you haven't said anything disagreeable but no one seems to have any ideas of how this can change/be changed.

I would like to see PR implemented, Labour split into separate new parties with each reflecting the values of its members but how is that going to happen?

Actually it would be in everyone's interests for the Tories to do the same. At least they'd be more chance of seeing each party for what they are.

It seems those who have the power to change aren't in any hurry to do so.

The whole system needs an overhaul anyway. How we've got to a place where politicians can just make stuff up and do as they please I've no idea. I used to think we were the fairest in the world because that's what I was brainwashed to believe.

Mind you, there was a time I also thought the Indians were the bad guys from the westerns I saw.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:41 - Jul 25 with 1957 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A Stokie Blue uppie....congratulations!

Edit...oh and a down one too....phew!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 16:42]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:43 - Jul 25 with 1932 viewsGeoffSentence

What a time to be alive.

With the media the media that we have, which will do everything it can to destroy any political approach that they deem left of centre, as they did with JC's labour party, taking the pragmatic approach is the only avenue available.

Get in power first, then start making more radical change.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:43 - Jul 25 with 1931 viewsjeera

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:41 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

A Stokie Blue uppie....congratulations!

Edit...oh and a down one too....phew!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 16:42]

This week is probably not the best week to be a dick!

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:46 - Jul 25 with 1910 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:43 - Jul 25 by jeera

This week is probably not the best week to be a dick!

Calm down Jeera , I've seen the down vote too now. I thought perhaps he was agreeing that Starmer is getting more appealing.....although let's face it, he really isn't.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:48 - Jul 25 with 1901 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:43 - Jul 25 by GeoffSentence

With the media the media that we have, which will do everything it can to destroy any political approach that they deem left of centre, as they did with JC's labour party, taking the pragmatic approach is the only avenue available.

Problem is that they get in power (maybe) and then don't!

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:49 - Jul 25 with 1892 viewsGeoffSentence

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:48 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Problem is that they get in power (maybe) and then don't!

if not in power, they can't*

*unless revolution is considered a valid option

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:49 - Jul 25 with 1881 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:43 - Jul 25 by GeoffSentence

Do you really think Starmer will say one thing and do another thing in power? I saw some people recently suggesting he’ll re-enter the single market and he’s just ruling it out now to get elected. Personally, I think that’s deranged thinking.

Not least because I’ve never seen anything from the Labour Right that suggests they’ll do anything but take their turn at the same establishment trough. That’s the goal for these characters.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:56 - Jul 25 with 1840 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:49 - Jul 25 by GeoffSentence

if not in power, they can't*

*unless revolution is considered a valid option

Perhaps if we really dream big we can have more Private Finance Initiatives to honour Tony Blair. Maybe even some slightly bigger crumbs will fall from the top table.

Revolution it is then!

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:57 - Jul 25 with 1837 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:40 - Jul 25 by jeera

Again, you haven't said anything disagreeable but no one seems to have any ideas of how this can change/be changed.

I would like to see PR implemented, Labour split into separate new parties with each reflecting the values of its members but how is that going to happen?

Actually it would be in everyone's interests for the Tories to do the same. At least they'd be more chance of seeing each party for what they are.

It seems those who have the power to change aren't in any hurry to do so.

The whole system needs an overhaul anyway. How we've got to a place where politicians can just make stuff up and do as they please I've no idea. I used to think we were the fairest in the world because that's what I was brainwashed to believe.

Mind you, there was a time I also thought the Indians were the bad guys from the westerns I saw.

UKIP/Brexit Party (albeit for evil not good) showed how the dial can be shifted outside of the two main parties.

Ditto SNP and to an extent Welsh Labour that’s a very different party from UK Labour now.

We get the politicians and politics we deserve because we don’t demand better and/or we think there’s no point.

Starmer is an awful person at an awful time, and I suspect even electorally he’s a lemon too, given his unspectacular polling against Johnson and the Tories who are probably the least popular PM and government ever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024