Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is Humphreys the reason for... 07:12 - Jul 27 with 2685 viewskeanekipper

not going all out for celina? The club feel he's good enough to play a part this season and signing celina would limit his opportunities, so will only do a deal that is right for us and not going all out for him, discuss...
is Humphreys the reason for... on 07:20 - Jul 27 with 2622 viewstextbackup

Thought the same, admit to never seeing hump play, but by all accounts he’s the nuts.

Nobody will ever know the conversations MA and MK have, but maybe you are spot on, they don’t see the point in wacking £20k a week down on a player if Hump can progress on his £700 a week (figures not accurate)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

is Humphreys the reason for... on 07:40 - Jul 27 with 2528 viewskeanekipper

is Humphreys the reason for... on 07:20 - Jul 27 by textbackup

Thought the same, admit to never seeing hump play, but by all accounts he’s the nuts.

Nobody will ever know the conversations MA and MK have, but maybe you are spot on, they don’t see the point in wacking £20k a week down on a player if Hump can progress on his £700 a week (figures not accurate)

Only in the fa youth cup run i thought he stood out, but that was only little bits. Going on what dyer has said previously and then norwood backed it up in the interview he did, strikes me as hes got bags of ability.

The pass for norwoods last goal was great vision and in the little pockets that mckenna likes those 2 10s to operate. the thought process might be they have the solution already there.
is Humphreys the reason for... on 07:42 - Jul 27 with 2520 viewstractorboy1978

He's definitely good enough to play his part but he's not Celina. My one concern about us this season is that little creative spark when needed. We have plenty of pace and power in the final third but not sure we have a lock picker.
is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:14 - Jul 27 with 2368 viewsMillsey

He played really well last night👍
is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:29 - Jul 27 with 2275 viewsChrisd

There seems to be this hang up on age, but if Humphreys is good enough it really doesn’t matter how old he is. I watched Stuart Watson’s post match analysis last night and he was very complimentary about him. I’d be more than happy to go into the season with Morsy, Ball, Evans and Humphreys as our CM options.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 8:31]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:53 - Jul 27 with 2136 viewsHullblue

is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:29 - Jul 27 by Chrisd

There seems to be this hang up on age, but if Humphreys is good enough it really doesn’t matter how old he is. I watched Stuart Watson’s post match analysis last night and he was very complimentary about him. I’d be more than happy to go into the season with Morsy, Ball, Evans and Humphreys as our CM options.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 8:31]

It’s not so much his age but his size for me. Is he big and aggressive enough to play CM? When you compare him to the others in that position. I can see him doing it in home games where we have loads of possession but in general I don’t think he’s ready for that yet.

I’d play him as one of the 10s. Only thing is then he needs to produce goals or assists regularly which is a big ask. His assist against Charlton was a good start.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

is Humphreys the reason for... on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 2056 viewsWestcountryblue

Reminds me and plays in a similar way to Mark Noble when he first came through the ranks at West Ham.

Humphreys is a player for sure. We need to manage him well, as he's only 18 and this is a tough and physical league.
is Humphreys the reason for... on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 1973 viewsDarth_Koont

Great that he’s a full part of the first-team squad. And I think his versatility covering 3 or 4 positions including our tricky left side means we’ll see a lot of him on the bench.

I think that, plus the cup games, is the best way to see him progress and look after him at the same time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

is Humphreys the reason for... on 09:18 - Jul 27 with 1958 viewsWickets

is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:14 - Jul 27 by Millsey

He played really well last night👍

Been doing well in fleeting appearances for a while now almost scored in front of the Sir Bobby last season I seem to remember.
is Humphreys the reason for... on 09:24 - Jul 27 with 1921 viewsmonty_radio

is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:53 - Jul 27 by Hullblue

It’s not so much his age but his size for me. Is he big and aggressive enough to play CM? When you compare him to the others in that position. I can see him doing it in home games where we have loads of possession but in general I don’t think he’s ready for that yet.

I’d play him as one of the 10s. Only thing is then he needs to produce goals or assists regularly which is a big ask. His assist against Charlton was a good start.

He's very aggressive. But what stands out is that he never seems to waste a ball and is very slick at cutting out danger, laying off the ball accurately each time he wins it. Can pick a pass too. It's time we saw him as a talent to be immediately developed rather than a risk,

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

is Humphreys the reason for... on 10:42 - Jul 27 with 1702 viewsChrisd

is Humphreys the reason for... on 08:53 - Jul 27 by Hullblue

It’s all opinions, that’s the beauty of the game. If he has players around him to support him with the physicality then his natural ability will come to the fore. He’s not the first player in football that looks a little lightweight, but I’m confident he’ll be able to deliver if given the opportunity. Otherwise we’ll keep using the size excuse not to play him as you could argue L2 and the Championship are physical leagues too. Like I said on the previous post, if KM thinks he’s good enough then get him involved, daily training with the first team and in the match day squad, that’s the way he’s going to be able to learn and adapt his game. I do honestly think he’ll be able to cope, but not as regular starter - ease him in and manage him well.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 10:46]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

is Humphreys the reason for... on 11:07 - Jul 27 with 1591 viewsjayessess

is Humphreys the reason for... on 10:42 - Jul 27 by Chrisd

It’s all opinions, that’s the beauty of the game. If he has players around him to support him with the physicality then his natural ability will come to the fore. He’s not the first player in football that looks a little lightweight, but I’m confident he’ll be able to deliver if given the opportunity. Otherwise we’ll keep using the size excuse not to play him as you could argue L2 and the Championship are physical leagues too. Like I said on the previous post, if KM thinks he’s good enough then get him involved, daily training with the first team and in the match day squad, that’s the way he’s going to be able to learn and adapt his game. I do honestly think he’ll be able to cope, but not as regular starter - ease him in and manage him well.

I think sometimes we're a bit too one-dimensional about physicality. You don't need to be a massive unit to make good tackles, shield the ball or even win headers, you have to be good at positioning your body, have good balance, manipulate the ball well, have good timing. Speed and stamina is also going to compensate for brute strength.

For me, the judgement with Humphreys is about squad planning. Whatever judgement you make of a player in training/U23s/cameos, there's no guarantees when it comes to churning out month after month of men's football. It's one thing to put a kid for a game or two because you judge they're ready, another to put yourself in the situation where a kid has to play for half a dozen games straight because you get 2 injuries.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 11:07]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

is Humphreys the reason for... on 11:08 - Jul 27 with 1584 viewsDarth_Koont

is Humphreys the reason for... on 10:42 - Jul 27 by Chrisd

A player like Humphreys has also developed while being surrounded by bigger, taller and faster players. Probably where he gets his footballing intelligence from. And his snap into the challenge.

I know there’s a step up when he’s playing against more experienced players who will also have more of that intelligence, but if he’s anything like the even more lightweight Gilmour for Scotland then he’ll still shine.

He’ll be the Pirlo of League One and the Championship next season! 😀

Pronouns: He/Him

is Humphreys the reason for... on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 1519 viewsBigCommon

Don't think we were ever going to go "all out" for Celina. That would just plays into the hands of his parent club at the negotiating table.. It's my view, that , if we are even thinking of still nicking Celina. Then the club are being patient and waiting for the landscape to change, a bit more in our favor, as time runs out for Dijon to off load....
I like Humphrey's though. And I'd like to see him properly blooded in , this season. He's looked good in his little cameos last season. It remains to be seen whether he can really grab a game by the scruff, from the off, in a L1 fixture. Not sure how he'd fare in those horrible Wycombe/Accy away, type fixtures.
My humble opinion. Keep him in the squad. Use him wisely, to benefit his own confidence and development, in games where we are well on top.
I think that with all the investment into the team, and a clear objective of gaining promotion this season. It would be a bit of a gamble, to hang your hat, on a youngster, as a first team regular..Not the time to gamble, imo. Unless totally necessary..
At the same time, I'd love it if he smashed it and proved me wrong..
Baring in mind the 5 subs this year, and how long and tough the season is. I feel that, even if we did sign another AM, be that Celina or not. There would still be scope to give minutes to Humphreys, at the right times,in the right matches..
I'd prefer we kept him in and around the first team, rather than sent him out on loan, or us loaning another incoming youngster from elsewhere..
is Humphreys the reason for... on 11:38 - Jul 27 with 1503 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think he's the reason we're not going all out for Celina, but I do think he'll play his fair share of games as he's versatile and can cover a number of positions. El Mizouni and Harper going out on loan would push him up the pecking order as well, so the coaching staff must feel like they can trust him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

is Humphreys the reason for... on 11:58 - Jul 27 with 1405 viewsSheffordBlue

McK in his post match last nights used the phrase "drip feed him his opportunities at the right time and have a look at his pathway". That suggests to me he's more likely to get Pizza Cup/Carabao Cup minutes and a bit of time off the bench initially. Personally don't think the Celina thing is linked to Humphreys directly.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

is Humphreys the reason for... on 13:49 - Jul 27 with 1173 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Best midfielder at the club even when Celina was here, wasn't he? At least according to KD.

Ultimately, if we can achieve our objectives and develop young players on our books at the same time, it has to be good for the future of the club.

I hope Humphreys gets a chance this season and takes it with both hands (or feet really).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

is Humphreys the reason for... on 13:56 - Jul 27 with 1132 viewsPilgrimblue

When I met Flynn a few months ago and he said that Humphreys was the stand out among the youngsters so maybe it's his time!
is Humphreys the reason for... on 14:29 - Jul 27 with 1045 viewspennblue

is Humphreys the reason for... on 11:58 - Jul 27 by SheffordBlue

McK in his post match last nights used the phrase "drip feed him his opportunities at the right time and have a look at his pathway". That suggests to me he's more likely to get Pizza Cup/Carabao Cup minutes and a bit of time off the bench initially. Personally don't think the Celina thing is linked to Humphreys directly.

I'd like to think that would also include sub appearances in 2nd half when we are 2-0 up.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

is Humphreys the reason for... on 17:52 - Jul 27 with 839 viewsWestcountryblue

Cameron is a good player, but the club needs to be sensible. He is 18 and still physically developing. The odd cameo here and there off the bench and appearances in the cup are the best way forward for him this season. He needs time to develop, both mentally and physically.

The club were absolutely reckless in the past flogging game after game out of the likes of Bishop in 2014 when he was going through a growth spurt. The same can be argued for the likes of Wickham and Dozzell at the age of 16. Putting players that young through the rigours of 90 minutes of adult, Championship football does untold damage on developing bodies.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 17:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024