Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm gutted 18:16 - Jul 27 with 2138 viewsCoastalblue

Haywards Piccalilli has been discontinued and no longer available unless you want to spend a forune at places for remaining stock.

One of my great pleasures, and other's are just too sweet for me. Love it with cold meats and bubble and squeak, at least I used to :(

Anybody suggest anything remotely similar?

(I realise that for plenty it's a very marmite product))

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I'm gutted on 18:37 - Jul 27 with 2081 viewsmutters

Have you tried your local NISA?

https://appyshop.co.uk/store-203/food-cupboard/oils-sauces-pickles/haywards-picc

Or even alternative makers of Piccalilli:

https://groceries.asda.com/shelf/food-cupboard/condiments-cooking-ingredients/ch

Asda looks like they have alternatives, no idea on taste though

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I'm gutted on 18:40 - Jul 27 with 2073 viewsGavTWTD

I've never tried picallilli. However for my own amusement is do call the Picadilly line the picallilli line. Shame about the colour.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I'm gutted on 18:49 - Jul 27 with 2038 viewsjeera

I'm gutted on 18:40 - Jul 27 by GavTWTD

I've never tried picallilli. However for my own amusement is do call the Picadilly line the picallilli line. Shame about the colour.

The evenings must fly by...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'm gutted on 18:50 - Jul 27 with 2026 viewsjeera

Why?

How has this happened?

Not going to use the B word even in jest.

I'm gutted on 18:53 - Jul 27 with 2008 viewsgtsb1966

Awful stuff. Tried it once and nearly threw up. On par with Salmon for awfulness.
I'm gutted on 19:04 - Jul 27 with 1980 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Me too. I love the stuff especially in a cheese roll. I’ve been buying Branstons Piccallily instead. Nearly as good but not quite!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 19:29]
I'm gutted on 19:54 - Jul 27 with 1924 viewsSkip_Intro

terrible news - roast potatoes will never be the same again...
I'm gutted on 19:57 - Jul 27 with 1914 viewsCoastalblue

I'm gutted on 19:04 - Jul 27 by muhrensleftfoot

Me too. I love the stuff especially in a cheese roll. I’ve been buying Branstons Piccallily instead. Nearly as good but not quite!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 19:29]

They're now owned by the same company, I suspect Branstons sells more so that's the one they keep. just prefer the more sharp/less sweet taste of Haywards.

Yep, awesome in a cheese roll.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm gutted on 20:03 - Jul 27 with 1892 viewsjeera

I'm gutted on 19:57 - Jul 27 by Coastalblue

They're now owned by the same company, I suspect Branstons sells more so that's the one they keep. just prefer the more sharp/less sweet taste of Haywards.

Yep, awesome in a cheese roll.

I was going to say I didn't realise Premier Foods owned Branston, (I knew they owned Haywards among many others; Lloyd Grossman being another etc), but to my shock I now see that Premier were bought out and are owned by the Mizkan Group.

It's only when you start looking you realise all these household name products we've got accustomed to since being kids are now owned by the same handful of companies.

The world has been taken over by stealth via our own consumerism and then we complain we have no control over anything.

I'm gutted on 20:07 - Jul 27 with 1885 viewsjontysnut

Get yourself to a fete or WI jumble sale and stock up on some home made stuff.
I'm gutted on 20:13 - Jul 27 with 1869 viewsjeera

I'm gutted on 20:07 - Jul 27 by jontysnut

Get yourself to a fete or WI jumble sale and stock up on some home made stuff.

Ah I see where you're going.

Then stick some Haywards labels on the jars and flog them on Ebay at a premium.

Genius!

I'm gutted on 20:15 - Jul 27 with 1868 viewsSeablu

Waitrose have been selling one for the last couple of years, made by a company called Bay Tree and it is rather marvellous. Not too sweet and proper tangy.
I'm gutted on 20:20 - Jul 27 with 1857 viewsSkip_Intro

has anyone tried Stokes picalilli?
I'm gutted on 20:28 - Jul 27 with 1837 viewsCoastalblue

I'm gutted on 20:15 - Jul 27 by Seablu

Waitrose have been selling one for the last couple of years, made by a company called Bay Tree and it is rather marvellous. Not too sweet and proper tangy.

I'll give that a whirl thanks, my local store is a Waitrose so could be nice and convenient.

I'm gutted on 08:40 - Jul 28 with 1674 viewsBloomBlue

Make your own and gradually tweak it until your happy it matches the Haywards version?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024