Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy 18:59 - Jul 27 with 3021 viewsJimmy86

Saw on SSN earlier that Mings has been stripped of the captaincy, with Mcginn taking over.. get the impression Gerrard is not a massive fan... Tyrone def has a Rick in him..

Remember we were linked with Mcginn under MM, he's turned into a good player
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:01 - Jul 27 with 2982 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:05 - Jul 27 with 2919 viewsmarchy

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:01 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

Regardless of whether he has a "rick in him" (which doesn't really preclude him from being captain material, whereas McGinn's berserker tackle in a friendly on a child probably should), Tyrone Mings is an absolutely class act.
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:11 - Jul 27 with 2818 viewsJimmy86

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:05 - Jul 27 by marchy

Regardless of whether he has a "rick in him" (which doesn't really preclude him from being captain material, whereas McGinn's berserker tackle in a friendly on a child probably should), Tyrone Mings is an absolutely class act.

Gerrard said he'd had a difficult discussion with TM when breaking the news to him, as I'm sure you could imagine. He outlined his reasons, which included TM being able to concentrate on his own game, without the additional responsibility of being captain
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:34 - Jul 27 with 2613 viewsCoastalblue

Is there not a subtle difference between being stripped of a captaincy and a new captain being appointed? Tend to mean different things to me. I'm assuming he's been relieved (to use a different term) so a new captain can be appointed or has there been some bust up seeing him get stripped of it?

Regardless, agree with the above, terrific guy.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:49 - Jul 27 with 2502 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I’ve said it on here before, but I really dislike Jon McGinn.

Can’t quite put my finger on why, but I’ve never liked him
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:51 - Jul 27 with 2489 viewsJ2BLUE

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:01 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

He’s a class act isn’t he?

He might thrive without the armband. Might be less about replacing him and more about freeing him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 20:13 - Jul 27 with 2350 viewsJimmy86

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:34 - Jul 27 by Coastalblue

Is there not a subtle difference between being stripped of a captaincy and a new captain being appointed? Tend to mean different things to me. I'm assuming he's been relieved (to use a different term) so a new captain can be appointed or has there been some bust up seeing him get stripped of it?

Regardless, agree with the above, terrific guy.

You assume right, he has been relieved of the captaincy, apologies if I jazzed it up a bit and made it sound worse than what it was..
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 21:54 - Jul 27 with 2044 viewsArnieM

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:11 - Jul 27 by Jimmy86

Gerrard said he'd had a difficult discussion with TM when breaking the news to him, as I'm sure you could imagine. He outlined his reasons, which included TM being able to concentrate on his own game, without the additional responsibility of being captain

Sometimes players can’t deal with the responsibility of being captain and their own personal game. Villa May now just get a much better ( released?) Tyrone Mings in their team. It’ll be interesting to see how his season pans out now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 22:18 - Jul 27 with 1949 viewsBlueBadger

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 19:05 - Jul 27 by marchy

I was, and remain, genuinely baffled by the (few)idiots who insisted that he was 'getting too big for his boots' when he was here.

He's never come across as anything other than decent, articulate, intelligent and thankful to be where he is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 22:30 - Jul 27 with 1861 viewsPortman_Pie

Just to add - that he’s not been demoted to vice either. Villa have named Martinez as Vice and Ashley Young as club captain - whatever that means. So Mings has effectively been identified as potentially on his way out if you ask me.

Never did like Gerrard much - but what a tool… if I were Mings - I’d be on the phone to my agent with 30 odd days left of the window.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 22:35]
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 22:44 - Jul 27 with 1755 viewsStNeotsBlue

One of my brother's pals is a good mate of Tyrone's. Don't think he'd be adverse to coming back here in a few years.
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 09:44 - Jul 28 with 1263 viewsGarv

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 22:30 - Jul 27 by Portman_Pie

Just to add - that he’s not been demoted to vice either. Villa have named Martinez as Vice and Ashley Young as club captain - whatever that means. So Mings has effectively been identified as potentially on his way out if you ask me.

Never did like Gerrard much - but what a tool… if I were Mings - I’d be on the phone to my agent with 30 odd days left of the window.

Good to know you'd be grown up about it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 10:25 - Jul 28 with 1163 viewspointofblue

Gerrard’s reasoning:

“John has demonstrated that he is ready to take on the captaincy through his performances on the pitch combined with his attitude and application in training. He is a popular member of the dressing room who sets high standards and expectations of himself.

“Emi is a respected senior member of the squad while Ashley Young’s experience speaks for itself and he is the perfect ambassador for the first team. Naturally, I have had to have a discussion with Tyrone Mings and have explained my reasons for making this decision.

"More importantly, I believe that not having the responsibility of the captaincy will allow Tyrone to focus more on his own game which can only benefit him and the team.”

So Mings hasn’t put in the performances on the pitch, nor shown the correct the attitude and application in training, who is an unpopular member of the dressing room and doesn’t set high standards and expectations of himself. He isn’t a respected senior member of the squad and is not a perfect ambassador for the first team.

I doubt Gerrard means for his comments to be read as above but, also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mings wasn’t in his plans and is shipped out before the end of the transfer window. I don’t think he particularly rates him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 10:30 - Jul 28 with 1127 viewsNBVJohn

Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 22:30 - Jul 27 by Portman_Pie

My son is a Villa supporter and we are ST holders.

At the end of last season I said to my son that I thought it likely that a replacement left sided central defender would be a priority and that Mings may find himself slipping down the pecking order. They have actually signed two left sided defenders.

There is no doubt in my mind that last season he was no at the standard of the previous season when he was not the Captain. As well as the captaincy, there were changes in systems to 3 at the back (that was ultimately a contributor to Smith’s sacking), a new manager with different ideas and less consistency in CB partners. Ezri Konsa also struggled to find the consistency of the previous season.

He is well thought of by Villa fans in general but the frequency of errors last season was a contributor to them not achieving the progress they wanted to make.
Mings stripped of Villa captaincy on 13:35 - Jul 28 with 951 viewsstopmoaning

I loved it when Mings played for us, him pushing forward and attacking was always exciting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024