Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great signing for Pompey 19:10 - Jul 27 with 3200 viewsUppaTowen78

Great signing for Pompey on 19:13 - Jul 27 with 3125 viewsBrianTablet

I haven't got a Cluedo who he is but won't Spurs Miss Scarlett?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 19:13]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Great signing for Pompey on 19:15 - Jul 27 with 3085 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Great signing for Pompey on 19:13 - Jul 27 by BrianTablet

I haven't got a Cluedo who he is but won't Spurs Miss Scarlett?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 19:13]

He's the next Troy Parrot.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Great signing for Pompey on 19:18 - Jul 27 with 3015 viewsSitfcB

Great signing for Pompey on 19:15 - Jul 27 by BlueandTruesince82

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Great signing for Pompey on 19:19 - Jul 27 with 3016 viewsjayessess

Great signing for Pompey on 19:15 - Jul 27 by BlueandTruesince82

18, first loan, spin of a roulette wheel really. You might get Morgan Rogers, you might get Louie Barry.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Great signing for Pompey on 19:20 - Jul 27 with 2963 viewsFrimleyBlue

Great signing for Pompey on 19:19 - Jul 27 by jayessess

18, first loan, spin of a roulette wheel really. You might get Morgan Rogers, you might get Louie Barry.

Also depends on how he takes to cowley football which is very different to spurs academy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Great signing for Pompey on 19:24 - Jul 27 with 2926 viewsEastTownBlue

If only Ash wasn’t banned on here otherwise we would hear all about it.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:30]
Great signing for Pompey on 19:26 - Jul 27 with 2888 viewsVeggie

Who?
Great signing for Pompey on 19:56 - Jul 27 with 2634 viewsJ2BLUE

Great signing for Pompey on 19:24 - Jul 27 by EastTownBlue

If only Ash wasn’t banned on here otherwise we would hear all about it.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:30]

Ash is already telling me that Pigott and Bishop are the best strike force in the league and they are going to win the title.

He’s confident they will also get Hirst.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Great signing for Pompey on 19:59 - Jul 27 with 2605 viewsclive_baker

Very young but very, very highly thought of.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Great signing for Pompey on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 2492 viewsHighgateBlue

Great signing for Pompey on 19:19 - Jul 27 by jayessess

To be fair, Louie Barry did OK on loan at Swindon.

As did Simpson. Remember him...?
Great signing for Pompey on 20:12 - Jul 27 with 2431 viewshoppy

Great signing for Pompey on 19:18 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

He’s the next Troy Parrot.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Great signing for Pompey on 20:15 - Jul 27 with 2401 viewsFrimleyBlue

Great signing for Pompey on 20:06 - Jul 27 by HighgateBlue

To be fair, Louie Barry did OK on loan at Swindon.

As did Simpson. Remember him...?

League 2 slightly different to league 1 tho....

Waka waka eh eh

Great signing for Pompey on 20:18 - Jul 27 with 2370 viewsSeablu

Great signing for Pompey on 20:12 - Jul 27 by hoppy

He’s the next Troy Parrot.

I thought Liz Truss was going to be the next Tory parrot.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:41]
Great signing for Pompey on 20:18 - Jul 27 with 2360 viewsFrimleyBlue

Funny how minds change

Waka waka eh eh

Great signing for Pompey on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 1877 viewsArnieM

Great signing for Pompey on 19:56 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

Ash is already telling me that Pigott and Bishop are the best strike force in the league and they are going to win the title.

He’s confident they will also get Hirst.

This is why ai think it beggars belief that we’ve given a potential promotion. Rival our bloody striker on a season long loan. Piggott needed another season here . Absolute madness in my view, especially if we don’t get a decent striker in the door, and they also get Hirst.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Great signing for Pompey on 21:53 - Jul 27 with 1826 viewsBondiBlue

Great signing for Pompey on 21:47 - Jul 27 by ArnieM

This is why ai think it beggars belief that we’ve given a potential promotion. Rival our bloody striker on a season long loan. Piggott needed another season here . Absolute madness in my view, especially if we don’t get a decent striker in the door, and they also get Hirst.

Really? But piggot was so, so bad. Really dreadful.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Great signing for Pompey on 21:57 - Jul 27 with 1789 viewsArnieM

Great signing for Pompey on 21:53 - Jul 27 by BondiBlue

Really? But piggot was so, so bad. Really dreadful.

Yes he did have a bad season. There’s no getting away from that. But to ditch a previous 20 goal striker (when in a poor Wimbledon side), after just one season is in my view very rash. We all know he had personal issue last season and he’d only just joined the club. I think we’ve been far too hasty, as his goals for Pompey will now demonstrate, I fear.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Great signing for Pompey on 21:58 - Jul 27 with 1776 viewsVeggie

Piggott was useless here, and we’ve got him off the wage bill. And they haven’t got Hirst, and are unlikely to either. Don’t forget they also sold us their best player in Harness.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 21:59]
Great signing for Pompey on 21:59 - Jul 27 with 1768 viewshoppy

A few ‘if’s there.

The Pigott we saw last season isn’t what we need. A season elsewhere, regaining confidence, could be the best thing for us, if we get back a player high on confidence who knows where the net is again. On the flip side, Portsmouth could be hinging their hopes on the player we had last season.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Great signing for Pompey on 22:00 - Jul 27 with 1760 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Piggot was clearly not working here. If he fires them to a higher position than us, sobeit, but if he doesn't and he does well for them, he won't be available against us in either match and at the end of the loan we have an asset that currently (prior to the loan) has very little value.

Also, for the OP, if this player is the Parrott we had on loan fine. It was the second season that he really came good for Dons. For us, he was skilful but still very raw. His impact was minimal.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Great signing for Pompey on 22:06 - Jul 27 with 1716 viewsjayessess

Pigott had done nothing in an Ipswich Town shirt that suggested he was worth keeping and our squad is oversized as it is.

Portsmouth have thus far collected 3 forwards who got 12 league goals between them last season. They might well turn out to be more competitive than last season, than most neutral observers and than the bookies predictions, but we can't as a club run around scared of every mid-table team in the division overtaking us with our discarded players.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Great signing for Pompey on 17:22 - Jul 28 with 951 viewsPompey1234

Great signing for Pompey on 21:58 - Jul 27 by Veggie

Piggott was useless here, and we’ve got him off the wage bill. And they haven’t got Hirst, and are unlikely to either. Don’t forget they also sold us their best player in Harness.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 21:59]

Harness was never Pompey's best player! Lol

Alot of fans have actually sussed Harness out here already to give credit to them. His first touch is very hit or miss, more miss. He has good instinctive ability, no real pace and couldn't 'cross' the road properly proverbial.
He has an eye for a goal but so do defenders.

He has never fulfilled his potential school card record.

I think Piggot needed a new place to be, a new start. His time here was fractured at best, he never got a real run in the side or belief in him from PC. We knew all about how he could buy and dry players at pompey. His father died to round it off.
He has come to us, scored twice in his first game, played really well and looked a handful vs Coventry. I'll happily hold my hands up at the end of the season and send you the 'duffer' back but tbf, right now, he's looking hungry znd his touch is far better than Harnesses!
As for the young kid from Spurs. Hit or miss, league 1 is a cruel mistress but the lad has lit up wherever he has played so far and pompey beat several champ sides to his signature, I guess because we will give him minutes. We have a good knack of uncovering strikers. Our own new goal machine, Gifford is about to go out on loan. He may even break into the first team in the 2nd half of the season, such high hopes for him.
Hirst, well paying £2m for one 3 month good period I'd a huge risk. I believe he will be a championship striker in his life but no higher. I hope you get your man then you can decide for yourself and stop guessing
Great signing for Pompey on 17:34 - Jul 28 with 877 viewsJ2BLUE

Great signing for Pompey on 17:22 - Jul 28 by Pompey1234

Harness was never Pompey's best player! Lol

Alot of fans have actually sussed Harness out here already to give credit to them. His first touch is very hit or miss, more miss. He has good instinctive ability, no real pace and couldn't 'cross' the road properly proverbial.
He has an eye for a goal but so do defenders.

He has never fulfilled his potential school card record.

I think Piggot needed a new place to be, a new start. His time here was fractured at best, he never got a real run in the side or belief in him from PC. We knew all about how he could buy and dry players at pompey. His father died to round it off.
He has come to us, scored twice in his first game, played really well and looked a handful vs Coventry. I'll happily hold my hands up at the end of the season and send you the 'duffer' back but tbf, right now, he's looking hungry znd his touch is far better than Harnesses!
As for the young kid from Spurs. Hit or miss, league 1 is a cruel mistress but the lad has lit up wherever he has played so far and pompey beat several champ sides to his signature, I guess because we will give him minutes. We have a good knack of uncovering strikers. Our own new goal machine, Gifford is about to go out on loan. He may even break into the first team in the 2nd half of the season, such high hopes for him.
Hirst, well paying £2m for one 3 month good period I'd a huge risk. I believe he will be a championship striker in his life but no higher. I hope you get your man then you can decide for yourself and stop guessing

No one has sussed anyone out.

A few people were criticising his first few touches in an Ipswich shirt but he also looked direct and always tried to move the play forward.

I think he will do a job for us and provide a bit of what we're missing.

I think Pigott will do a job for you and get 10-15 goals.

As usual, the truth about both transfers will likely be somewhere in the middle. Harness wasn't your best player but his stats show he will be a loss. Pigott was not very good here but will likely fit your system more than ours.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024