Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat 09:00 - Jul 28 with 1741 viewsFunge

Hello everyone.

They are digging up the road at the bottom of Fore Hamlet/ Duke St (Felixstowe Rd), next to The Forge. Some emergency roadworks thing.

Anyway, this has completely fcked all the roads round there; nice big queues all over the shop. It's supposed to be finished by Friday, but Ipswich Borough Council have some pretty dismal form on this front. If it over-runs into Saturday, the Town Centre will be knackered, especially with 26k of us nitwits descending on Portman Rd.

In summary, keep an eye out, and always follow the Green Cross Code.
Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 10:26 - Jul 28 with 1637 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Point of order.

Suffolk Highways (part of Suffolk County Council) is responsible for the maintenance of the roads in the county, including in Ipswich.

Not denying the "pretty dismal form" part of the message.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 11:53 - Jul 28 with 1572 viewsSitfcB

On until next Wednesday apparently

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/traffic/fore-hamlet-road-closure-near-ipswich

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:10 - Jul 28 with 1518 viewsBig_Jase

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 10:26 - Jul 28 by You_Bloo_Right

Point of order.

Suffolk Highways (part of Suffolk County Council) is responsible for the maintenance of the roads in the county, including in Ipswich.

Not denying the "pretty dismal form" part of the message.

2nd point of order, It’s gas works which is nothing to do with Suffolk Highways. The only function Suffolk Highways would have is to have booked the roadspace.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:13 - Jul 28 with 1499 viewsjeera

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:10 - Jul 28 by Big_Jase

2nd point of order, It’s gas works which is nothing to do with Suffolk Highways. The only function Suffolk Highways would have is to have booked the roadspace.

The gas, is it UK sourced gas or Norwegian gas?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:24 - Jul 28 with 1481 viewsDubtractor

Regardless of who is at fault, I can confirm that this will utterly bork all roads in from the east of ipswich.

A few years back, when scc did a big roads review for the town, the roundabout at Duke Street removed and felixstowe road was designated the main route into town, with traffic management systems to support it. It mostly works pretty well.

With that route closed, and traffic funneled down foxhall and spring Road, the whole system falls over as those routes can't cope with that level of traffic anymore. I live near the top of Bishops Hill so experience this first hand. Yesterday it took me 30 minutes to get from mine to the bottom of Grove Lane, at 3pm, so not even at peak time.

So def try and get in early if you're driving in that way tomorrow!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:32 - Jul 28 with 1456 viewsKeno

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:24 - Jul 28 by Dubtractor

Regardless of who is at fault, I can confirm that this will utterly bork all roads in from the east of ipswich.

A few years back, when scc did a big roads review for the town, the roundabout at Duke Street removed and felixstowe road was designated the main route into town, with traffic management systems to support it. It mostly works pretty well.

With that route closed, and traffic funneled down foxhall and spring Road, the whole system falls over as those routes can't cope with that level of traffic anymore. I live near the top of Bishops Hill so experience this first hand. Yesterday it took me 30 minutes to get from mine to the bottom of Grove Lane, at 3pm, so not even at peak time.

So def try and get in early if you're driving in that way tomorrow!

If you are coming in from Felixstowe end could you come over the Bridge and into Town along Wherstead Rd and park that side instead?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 14:51 - Jul 28 with 1399 viewsDubtractor

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:32 - Jul 28 by Keno

If you are coming in from Felixstowe end could you come over the Bridge and into Town along Wherstead Rd and park that side instead?

I'd definitely recommend that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 15:00 - Jul 28 with 1382 viewstextbackup

Where isn’t there road works in Ipswich at the moment!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 16:15 - Jul 28 with 1320 viewsSitfcB

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 13:10 - Jul 28 by Big_Jase

…and give the permit out, maybe they shouldn’t have done that with the first game of the season being on Saturday and no trains running. It’s only essential maintenance according to the Ipswich Star, could’ve waited.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 16:16 - Jul 28 with 1318 viewsSteve_M

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 16:15 - Jul 28 by SitfcB

…and give the permit out, maybe they shouldn’t have done that with the first game of the season being on Saturday and no trains running. It’s only essential maintenance according to the Ipswich Star, could’ve waited.

Yes, let that gas build up and see what happens.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 16:45 - Jul 28 with 1264 viewsBig_Jase

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 16:15 - Jul 28 by SitfcB

Essential maintenance, is called essential for a reason. Whether town have a game on or not is irrelevant, there’s no road space embargo’s for town games.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 16:47 - Jul 28 with 1263 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, I think you've misunderstood the meaning of the word 'essential' here.

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 19:28 - Jul 28 with 1199 viewsFreddies_Ears

Duke St roadworks - exciting Ipswich-based road chat on 15:00 - Jul 28 by textbackup

Where isn’t there road works in Ipswich at the moment!

The temporary lights on Colchester Road weren't a bundle of fun this afternoon either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024