Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recession in USA 18:13 - Jul 28 with 3429 viewsgazzer1999

Looks like its going really well for the change they got with Biden as POTUS, officially in recession and 9.2% inflation. Biden going all Trump and trying to redefine what a recession is rather than looking to get things moving.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 18:16]
Recession in USA on 18:18 - Jul 28 with 2097 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The change they got was not having a nut job in the White House, deliberately leading the country toward a civil war, for his own gain.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Recession in USA on 18:20 - Jul 28 with 2076 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

One mistake I think he made was too much fiscal stimulus during the pandemic which added to the stock market bubble, and probably overheated the US economy.

He is not however responsible for a (largely global) upcoming recession, and supply chain/commodity price based inflation. That’s just a Daily Mail hot-take.
Recession in USA on 18:22 - Jul 28 with 2066 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:20 - Jul 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

One mistake I think he made was too much fiscal stimulus during the pandemic which added to the stock market bubble, and probably overheated the US economy.

He is not however responsible for a (largely global) upcoming recession, and supply chain/commodity price based inflation. That’s just a Daily Mail hot-take.

Johnson and the Tories are to blame in the UK though aren't they?
Recession in USA on 18:26 - Jul 28 with 2034 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Recession in USA on 18:22 - Jul 28 by gazzer1999

How long have the Tories been in power here?
How long has Biden been in power there?
Recession in USA on 18:28 - Jul 28 with 2021 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

For inflation- no

For inaction to alleviate the CoL crisis - yes
Recession in USA on 18:28 - Jul 28 with 2020 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:26 - Jul 28 by Bury_St_Edmundson

How long have the Tories been in power here?
How long has Biden been in power there?

I agree amazing how quickly the Democrats shafted the economy.
Recession in USA on 18:28 - Jul 28 with 2018 viewsLeoMuff

Well I don’t see anyone in a France paying £3500 to heat their 2 bed this winter, or them being short of 100000 doctors and nurses, plenty to curse the Tories for.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Recession in USA on 18:31 - Jul 28 with 1999 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:28 - Jul 28 by LeoMuff

Well I don’t see anyone in a France paying £3500 to heat their 2 bed this winter, or them being short of 100000 doctors and nurses, plenty to curse the Tories for.

I don't see a national health service in France either.
Login to get fewer ads

Recession in USA on 18:34 - Jul 28 with 1982 viewsDanTheMan

Recession in USA on 18:31 - Jul 28 by gazzer1999

I don't see a national health service in France either.

The state still funds healthcare. It's just paid for differently.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Recession in USA on 18:34 - Jul 28 with 1980 viewsgazzer1999

We need another 100000 more doctors and nurses? despite having record numbers of staff already.
Recession in USA on 18:36 - Jul 28 with 1976 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:34 - Jul 28 by DanTheMan

The state still funds healthcare. It's just paid for differently.

Yes, 2 tier, mix of state and private
Recession in USA on 18:40 - Jul 28 with 1950 viewsDanTheMan

Back to the main topic, what specific policies do you think Biden has enacted that has caused this?

Recession in USA on 18:42 - Jul 28 with 1940 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:40 - Jul 28 by DanTheMan

Back to the main topic, what specific policies do you think Biden has enacted that has caused this?

Well its happened on his watch so surely he is to blame.
Recession in USA on 18:44 - Jul 28 with 1932 viewsDanTheMan

Recession in USA on 18:42 - Jul 28 by gazzer1999

That depends on your view doesn't it. I don't think he caused Covid, and I don't think he caused the energy crisis.

He could have enacted policies that made a bad situation worse, but seeing as I am no expert in US economic policy I was hoping you would enlighten me, seeing as you obviously take an interest.

Recession in USA on 18:46 - Jul 28 with 1908 viewsXYZ

Recession in USA on 18:42 - Jul 28 by gazzer1999

You're blaming Johnson for the pandemic?
Recession in USA on 18:49 - Jul 28 with 1910 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:44 - Jul 28 by DanTheMan

That depends on your view doesn't it. I don't think he caused Covid, and I don't think he caused the energy crisis.

He could have enacted policies that made a bad situation worse, but seeing as I am no expert in US economic policy I was hoping you would enlighten me, seeing as you obviously take an interest.

Much like the UK who are being battered by covid the war in Ukraine, high inflation. The only way to dampen inflation is to raise interest rates by the independent Bank of England, however when you do this which helps to bring inflation down you almost certainly get a recession, which in turn could bring job losses, a vicious circle which even the great Gordon Brown could not stop.
Recession in USA on 18:57 - Jul 28 with 1847 viewsjeera

Recession in USA on 18:49 - Jul 28 by gazzer1999

Much like the UK who are being battered by covid the war in Ukraine, high inflation. The only way to dampen inflation is to raise interest rates by the independent Bank of England, however when you do this which helps to bring inflation down you almost certainly get a recession, which in turn could bring job losses, a vicious circle which even the great Gordon Brown could not stop.

I can't work out if this thread is a dig at Biden/support for Trump.

Or a roundabout effort to show support for Johnson.

As much as I dislike Johnson I would remind you the sicko Trump publicly said he's like to shag his own daughter. Just in case you'd forgotten.

I'm not sure any normal person would think that's a regular kinda guy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Recession in USA on 18:59 - Jul 28 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

What is is about Trumpy you like best? The corruption, the incompetence, the bigotry, the high treason or the criminality?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Recession in USA on 19:02 - Jul 28 with 1819 viewsStokieBlue

Probably best you leave complicated things to people with more intelligence than an amoeba.

For the record this is an opinion built on many instances of your posting rather than this atomic event.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Recession in USA on 19:05 - Jul 28 with 1802 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 18:57 - Jul 28 by jeera

I can't work out if this thread is a dig at Biden/support for Trump.

Or a roundabout effort to show support for Johnson.

As much as I dislike Johnson I would remind you the sicko Trump publicly said he's like to shag his own daughter. Just in case you'd forgotten.

I'm not sure any normal person would think that's a regular kinda guy.

I personally think Trump is a bell end and should never be near politics, however I think that Americans thought all they had to do was get rid of Trump and everything would be rosey. I guess a recession under Sleepy Joe is better than under Trump.
It all just strikes me as whoever is at the helm does not matter as events take over and we are powerless to prevent them.
Recession in USA on 19:06 - Jul 28 with 1796 viewsjeera

Recession in USA on 18:59 - Jul 28 by BlueBadger

What is is about Trumpy you like best? The corruption, the incompetence, the bigotry, the high treason or the criminality?

Or fantasising about sex with his own children.

I bring that one up whenever anyone tries to defend him.

I saw a fella I know in the local and he started all this nonsense about Trump when Russia invaded Ukraine.

He'd completely missed the bit where Trump had been bigging up Putin when they invaded and looked rather taken aback when he was told.

When I told him about the daughter comments he nearly fell off his chair.

Amazing what people see in these scumbags really. Have they had their eyes and ears closed the whole time or something?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Recession in USA on 19:07 - Jul 28 with 1786 viewsgazzer1999

Recession in USA on 19:02 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

Probably best you leave complicated things to people with more intelligence than an amoeba.

For the record this is an opinion built on many instances of your posting rather than this atomic event.

SB

Ha the famous person who always has to put his initials at the bottom, probably got an inferiority complex. For the record it doesn't make you intelligent.
Recession in USA on 19:10 - Jul 28 with 1772 viewsStokieBlue

Recession in USA on 19:07 - Jul 28 by gazzer1999

Ha the famous person who always has to put his initials at the bottom, probably got an inferiority complex. For the record it doesn't make you intelligent.

Why would putting your initials at the bottom of your post make you intelligent?

It's just something I started 25 years ago on various forums and I see no reason to stop.

The issue here is that you've proven on many occasions that you don't really have a clue about anything. Perhaps you should start adding your initials to the end of your posts just in case?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Recession in USA on 19:11 - Jul 28 with 1761 viewsallezlesbleus

Driving through a number of small towns in Normandy and Brittany, there are a number of banners on display on the roads in and out, put up by the local mayors, asking for doctors and dentists. The commune provide the building and (I presume fit it out for a doctor's or dentist's surgery), but they are still desperately short of people to work in them.
Recession in USA on 19:14 - Jul 28 with 1747 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Please explain how raising interest rates will bring down inflation which is being driven by global commodity shortages?

Interest rate rises are only useful for Tackling inflation caused by spiralling wages and consumer demand. But that isn’t the root cause, so all it will do is further heap pressure on the economy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024