Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium PA 14:23 - Jul 30 with 2430 viewsDefender110

Way too loud!!
Why do we need to be blasted?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 14:25]
Stadium PA on 14:27 - Jul 30 with 2392 viewsFrimleyBlue

Maybe because people moaned it was to quiet. Probably the right volume when more people get in.?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stadium PA on 14:33 - Jul 30 with 2338 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The club have already said it’ll take a while to get right.
You’ll be able to concentrate on your crossword by the time Barnsley come.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Stadium PA on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 2288 viewsemergencylime

I think they're still trying to get the balance right, probably needs 25,000 fans absorbing the sound to get the levels accurate. That's my non-engineer take on it anyway!

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Stadium PA on 18:58 - Jul 30 with 2089 viewsblueM3

Safe to say it was still far too loud at half time too!

I'm no moaning old git, far from it in fact. But the sound was piercingly loud and I couldn't have a conversation with my mate 2 seats away as we couldn't hear each other.

That was in Upper sir alf.
Stadium PA on 19:15 - Jul 30 with 2043 viewsIpswich_Crazy

CHRIST! you moaned when you couldn't hear it now you're moaning it's too loud! I thought it was just right. Sounded just like it did when the North stand was new!

Never pleasing some people is there!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Stadium PA on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 2001 viewsblueden60

Stadium PA on 19:15 - Jul 30 by Ipswich_Crazy

CHRIST! you moaned when you couldn't hear it now you're moaning it's too loud! I thought it was just right. Sounded just like it did when the North stand was new!

It was fine for me in Upper Magnus Stand. Mind you, my hearing isnt great but it was good to hear the announcements properly for the first time in many years.
Stadium PA on 21:41 - Jul 30 with 1846 viewsHatStand

Stadium PA on 14:33 - Jul 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Or Wordle, dull

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

Stadium PA on 21:52 - Jul 30 with 1816 viewsFreddies_Ears

Stadium PA on 18:58 - Jul 30 by blueM3

I'm no moaning old git, far from it in fact. But the sound was piercingly loud and I couldn't have a conversation with my mate 2 seats away as we couldn't hear each other.

It was spot on for me, Upper Sir Alf about halfway up.
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium PA on 22:02 - Jul 30 with 1784 viewsStewart27

Stadium PA on 18:58 - Jul 30 by blueM3

Any chance you and your mate can invite me to your next social event?
Stadium PA on 22:04 - Jul 30 with 1779 viewsArnieM

OP: I agree 100% with. You I think are mistaking volume for clarity .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stadium PA on 22:22 - Jul 30 with 1738 viewsMelford

Stadium PA on 14:40 - Jul 30 by emergencylime

I think they're still trying to get the balance right, probably needs 25,000 fans absorbing the sound to get the levels accurate. That's my non-engineer take on it anyway!

There was a lot of criticism of the sound when Guns N' Roses played the Tottenham stadium and there was some quotes from a sound engineer about a soundcheck in an empty stadium might sound fine but the acoustics are very different when the place is full of people, suppose it's the same kind of thing.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Stadium PA on 08:06 - Jul 31 with 1497 viewsFarmerpiles

Perfect for me, first time in years could hear all announcements and the half time interviews! I'm in row c of SBR lower, behind goal.
Stadium PA on 16:27 - Jul 31 with 1339 viewsstarofanglia

Still awful at the back of Section 5 SBR Lower. Music etc fine but couldn't hear a thing that Foster said...although obvs some would say thats' a good thing.
Stadium PA on 16:37 - Jul 31 with 1309 viewsjeera

Are you sure it was this poster who complained it was too quiet before?

There is such a thing as too loud as well as too quiet Crazers.

A lot of people have said the same thing now so the OP is hardly a sole voice.

Also that's not a civil way to address someone who hardly ever posts is it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stadium PA on 16:40 - Jul 31 with 1306 viewslegoman

Was perfick in the Cobbald.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Stadium PA on 16:43 - Jul 31 with 1293 viewsDefender110

Stadium PA on 16:37 - Jul 31 by jeera

Are you sure it was this poster who complained it was too quiet before?

There is such a thing as too loud as well as too quiet Crazers.

A lot of people have said the same thing now so the OP is hardly a sole voice.

Also that's not a civil way to address someone who hardly ever posts is it?

Thank you. I never complained it was too quiet.
Stadium PA on 16:49 - Jul 31 with 1276 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stadium PA on 16:43 - Jul 31 by Defender110

Thank you. I never complained it was too quiet.

Lower tier of SAR I found the same as you, it was too loud throughout. Refreshing for it to be clear. I think Melford (and a couple of others on this thread) are right that it will take time to get right. A full stadium is very different from an empty one for acoustics.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stadium PA on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 1265 viewsDefender110

I never moaned that it couldn't be heard, I have always considered it way too loud. Its just gone up a notch that I am now vocalising my concerns.

According to my (un-calibrated) phone, the sound level was peaking at 90dba with a constant level of 85dba. Sound levels consistently about 85dba are considered to damage hearing - so border line. The club have a care of duty to ensure that artificial noise like the PA are not damaging your hearing. It's bordering upon levels that the government recommend ear protection.

It isn't the peak that is the issue, it is the constant level that is dangerous and that made it unbearable and unable to carry out a normal conversation in the SAR upper. When we score, the peak is probably a lot higher, but only for a duration.

You could tell how loud it was when before the match, Foster had problems with feedback every time he tried to talk into the microphone.
Stadium PA on 16:59 - Jul 31 with 1242 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Pardon?
Stadium PA on 19:52 - Jul 31 with 1175 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Stadium PA on 16:52 - Jul 31 by Defender110

I never moaned that it couldn't be heard, I have always considered it way too loud. Its just gone up a notch that I am now vocalising my concerns.

According to my (un-calibrated) phone, the sound level was peaking at 90dba with a constant level of 85dba. Sound levels consistently about 85dba are considered to damage hearing - so border line. The club have a care of duty to ensure that artificial noise like the PA are not damaging your hearing. It's bordering upon levels that the government recommend ear protection.

It isn't the peak that is the issue, it is the constant level that is dangerous and that made it unbearable and unable to carry out a normal conversation in the SAR upper. When we score, the peak is probably a lot higher, but only for a duration.

You could tell how loud it was when before the match, Foster had problems with feedback every time he tried to talk into the microphone.

"I never moaned that it couldn't be heard, I have always considered it way too loud. Its just gone up a notch that I am now vocalising my concerns. "

Fair enough, have you vocalised your concerns to the club? @itfchelp on Twitter.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Stadium PA on 11:27 - Aug 1 with 1036 viewsCityBlue

Didn't matter whether I could hear the PA at half time or not as I was stuck in a queue for a coke....having one person man a bar at half time is not good enough.

I T I D

Stadium PA on 11:30 - Aug 1 with 1018 viewsVaughan8

Stadium PA on 14:33 - Jul 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Take a while to get it right? You could tell straight away it was way too loud! haha

Maybe they can't adjust it once its started, but it was pretty evident it was massively loud.

Maybe just me but I like tot alk to the person i'm with instead of shouting at ach other!
Stadium PA on 11:50 - Aug 1 with 960 viewsDJR

In section 3 of SBR upper, I think the level was about right, but the sound was very muffled, and I couldn't make out a word that Carlos Edwards said. But hopefully they will have had people checking at various positions in the ground, and will fine tune it as the season goes on.
Stadium PA on 17:05 - Aug 2 with 760 viewsDefender110

Stadium PA on 19:52 - Jul 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

"I never moaned that it couldn't be heard, I have always considered it way too loud. Its just gone up a notch that I am now vocalising my concerns. "

Fair enough, have you vocalised your concerns to the club? @itfchelp on Twitter.

Done via the match day survey that was sent today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024