Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone needs to say to Burns... 17:17 - Jul 30 with 1610 viewsOriginalMarkyP

You had an amazing season last time. Don't feel you have to better it. Just relax and play your natural game with freedom and we'll be fine.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 17:45 - Jul 30 with 1491 viewsbilllm

Was very poor,
Someone needs to say to Burns... on 17:54 - Jul 30 with 1435 viewsArnieM

I think he needs to get his feet back l on the ground . Forget Wales squad now. Concentrate on the basics again before any attempts at the fancy stuff.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:22 - Jul 30 with 1324 viewshomer_123

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 17:45 - Jul 30 by billlm

Was very poor,

And yet, if his teams could hit the back of the net, he would have had two or three assists today.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:23 - Jul 30 with 1309 viewsjeera

It was the first game of the season. This is what I was saying about expectations.

Let them settle in for goodness' sake.

They played fine if not a little out of sorts at times.

There were some stray passes, misplaced balls and mistimed runs all over the place.

But there were also some decent passes, some well-placed and some good runs too.

If I had one complaint today it would be I felt a man in space was overlooked too often in favour of playing into tight spaces unnecessarily where we then lost the ball.

I'm sure all of this and much more will be noted by the coaching staff!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 21:06]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:25 - Jul 30 with 1292 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Burns was great today - what are you on about? he was definitely one of our better players, link up with Janoi, and pacey runs, crosses into the box, I really don't know what you're on about. Some of the players looked like it was their fist game of the season, but Wes wasn't one of them.

Poll: would you rather

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:28 - Jul 30 with 1280 viewsITFC1977

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 17:54 - Jul 30 by ArnieM

I think he needs to get his feet back l on the ground . Forget Wales squad now. Concentrate on the basics again before any attempts at the fancy stuff.

Yeah , first match of the season, obviously he’s getting way ahead of himself and is only thinking of Wales!!! Oh dear!!
Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:29 - Jul 30 with 1264 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:25 - Jul 30 by LegendofthePhoenix

Burns was great today - what are you on about? he was definitely one of our better players, link up with Janoi, and pacey runs, crosses into the box, I really don't know what you're on about. Some of the players looked like it was their fist game of the season, but Wes wasn't one of them.

I'm not saying he played badly. I'm saying he looked a bit like a player playing conscious of the wieght of expectation. And I think it could get in his head.

Last season there was none on him and the thrived. He just needs to not try to do to much and he'll smash it

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:34 - Jul 30 with 1241 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

He will be out most marked player this season. Definitely will be a tougher yea for him. Thought he did okay today certainly not his best work, but didn’t do too much wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:40 - Jul 30 with 1201 viewsMullet

That's exactly what he did.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:51 - Jul 30 with 1164 viewsFrimleyBlue

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:23 - Jul 30 by jeera

It was the first game of the season. This is what I was saying about expectations.

Let them settle in for goodness' sake.

They played fine if not a little out of sorts at times.

There were some stray passes, misplaced balls and mistimed runs all over the place.

But there were also some decent passes, some well-placed and some good runs too.

If I had one complaint today it would be I felt a man in space was overlooked too often in favour of playing into tight spaces unnecessarily where we then lost the ball.

I'm sure all of this and much more will be noted by the coaching staff!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 21:06]

I get what you're saying about expectations. But you can only go on what happens.

Wycombe today went top of the table immediately after banging in 3 goals in their first game whilst having less possession, they are where they want to be come end of season.

Town will be following this game asking similar questions to the 2nd part of last season for example 2nd half chances v conversion ratio.

You don't win or lose the league on the first game. But every game has its importance. A draw today is another game where we fail to beat a team who probably will be top 6 come end of season. Something in months to come we could be looking back again and saying that first game.

All of sudden Saturdays game has more of an importance.anything less than a win and we could find ourselves looking up at teams again And then that chase already begins. It's how it felt under PC... no expectations but before you knew it that gap to those above crept in game by game as we kept saying its only game 1. Game 2. Game 3 etc etc.

I don't think there was an expectation of a win today... imo it was more of a hope to see us send out an immediate statement that the very first hurdle was overcome. I personally wanted to come away thinking yes we beat bolton. 3 points ahead of a promotion rival get in that top 6 for the first time under the new owners and aim to stay there, rather than chasing from the start.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

He really wasn't "great"...... on 19:55 - Jul 30 with 1140 viewsBloots

...he looked at least a yard off it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 20:00 - Jul 30 with 1101 viewsArnieM

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:28 - Jul 30 by ITFC1977

Yeah , first match of the season, obviously he’s getting way ahead of himself and is only thinking of Wales!!! Oh dear!!

Not at all. If anything I’d say he’s not had much of rest over the summer, like the majority of the squad. His touch( was poor today. Hopefully this won’t show in his legs and form as the Season progress, which is why I was saying forget about Wales. Nothing more than that.

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 20:11 - Jul 30 with 1046 viewsStewart27

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 19:22 - Jul 30 by homer_123

And yet, if his teams could hit the back of the net, he would have had two or three assists today.

If he could find his man we’d have 3 more today.

Stop apologising for him. He’s amazing. The first name on our team sheet.

He just had a poor game today.
Someone needs to say to Burns... on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 1034 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe it was different live, as you could see his movement. He looked far from his best in possession when the cameras were on him. Seemed quite wasteful and not as sharp as he can be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 20:19 - Jul 30 with 1016 viewsArnieM

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 20:13 - Jul 30 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe it was different live, as you could see his movement. He looked far from his best in possession when the cameras were on him. Seemed quite wasteful and not as sharp as he can be.

As Stewart77 has said, he’s not had his best game today. Hopefully he’ll plop back into form as the season progress. But he’s definitely a marked outlet, which is why I want to see more down the left side happening, take some of the pressure off him.

Someone needs to say to Burns... on 21:13 - Jul 30 with 889 viewsSkip_Intro

'great' is a bit of a stretch...in fact it's a lot of a stretch. He did ok but certainly not great...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024