Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! 17:53 - Jul 30 with 4719 viewsArnieM

The football team nearly won it and should have done. Apart from their diving con of a penalty and corners ( thisisn’t rugby or hockey Bolton!!) they did very little to make Walton move .
Much to be positive about today I think .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 17:58 - Jul 30 with 3011 viewsIllinoisblue

This bleating and whining is embarrassing. Spoiler alert: teams aren’t coming to Portman Road to let us play our pretty football.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:01 - Jul 30 with 2966 viewsBarcaBlue

Looked like a clear penalty on the tv, maybe it was the angle but appeared nailed on. Thought Bolton were hardworking and pressed well first half. Didn't think they were especially dirty, cheating or thuggish which we have seen before.
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:02 - Jul 30 with 2966 viewsArnieM

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 17:58 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

This bleating and whining is embarrassing. Spoiler alert: teams aren’t coming to Portman Road to let us play our pretty football.

I’m fully aware of that. But when blatant fouls are not being pulled by refs and time wasting is not being punished, or rolling over like they’ve been shot by a bloody rifle trying to get opponents sent off then teams will continue to do it don’t they! It’s up to the refs to control this basic CHEATING!

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:02 - Jul 30 with 2940 viewsFrimleyBlue

But that's where you have a pre season and play different types of teams so that you know how to beat teams like this.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 2936 viewsIllinoisblue

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:01 - Jul 30 by BarcaBlue

Looked like a clear penalty on the tv, maybe it was the angle but appeared nailed on. Thought Bolton were hardworking and pressed well first half. Didn't think they were especially dirty, cheating or thuggish which we have seen before.

Penalty looked nailed on in real time but very soft on the replay. Foolish of Davis to make the challenge.

62 - 78 - 81

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 2934 viewsBluefields

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:02 - Jul 30 by ArnieM

I’m fully aware of that. But when blatant fouls are not being pulled by refs and time wasting is not being punished, or rolling over like they’ve been shot by a bloody rifle trying to get opponents sent off then teams will continue to do it don’t they! It’s up to the refs to control this basic CHEATING!

It’s not cheating it’s clever play for goodness sake. Everyone from a park footballer to athe highest level uses these tricks.
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 2929 viewsArnieM

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:02 - Jul 30 by FrimleyBlue

But that's where you have a pre season and play different types of teams so that you know how to beat teams like this.

Maybe. But pre season ( gif me anyway) is largely about building up fitness …. I know we are going to get just about every home game like the one today . And yes we do have to break these teams down without doubt. But the refs have s oath to play in controlling these opposition antics, and they simply don’t do they .

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:08 - Jul 30 with 2870 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:05 - Jul 30 by ArnieM

Maybe. But pre season ( gif me anyway) is largely about building up fitness …. I know we are going to get just about every home game like the one today . And yes we do have to break these teams down without doubt. But the refs have s oath to play in controlling these opposition antics, and they simply don’t do they .

But KM made a big point in his pre game interviews about learning about the league and the different styles etc. If we are to go up we need to be able to match the same styles or beat them with ours.. not draw then bemoan something that we fail to beat again.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:12 - Jul 30 with 2864 viewsBloomBlue

Definitely a penalty, he was naive to put his foot across the player.

Also don't understand why fans moan about diving, Chaplin and Evans got free kicks in the 2nd half which were never free kicks but clever falling/diving when the Bolton player was right behind them, it's clever and part of the game
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:14 - Jul 30 with 2842 viewskeighleyblue

Jesus man, the play off was 22 years ago. Move on.
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:15 - Jul 30 with 2826 viewspaphos

If Town are going to make a real challenge this year, then they are going to have to ride the storm and get on with it. No moaning about the way the opposition play, They all need to get on with it. Bolton played well.
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:18 - Jul 30 with 2795 viewsnoggin

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:05 - Jul 30 by Bluefields

It’s not cheating it’s clever play for goodness sake. Everyone from a park footballer to athe highest level uses these tricks.

So because everyone does it, it's no longer cheating?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:18 - Jul 30 with 2778 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Thought it was more of a case that the officials were weak than Bolton being particularly dirty. Number five was a human backpack, and their keeper was a timewaster though.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:19 - Jul 30 with 2767 viewsParisBlue

I'm OK with that. Northern teams, and in particular Leeds and Sheff Utd, should be dirty and cheating b*******s

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:25 - Jul 30 with 2719 viewsSweetman

Oh dear. The same old 'this team was thuggish, they rolled round, they don't play football!!!' begins for this season then
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:42 - Jul 30 with 2613 viewsStewart27

And the same ITFC who couldn’t find a way to beat such a team.

2 points dropped already.
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:54 - Jul 30 with 2527 viewsIllinoisblue

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:42 - Jul 30 by Stewart27

And the same ITFC who couldn’t find a way to beat such a team.

2 points dropped already.

“Already”. It’s not even August yet!

62 - 78 - 81

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:55 - Jul 30 with 2522 viewsArnieM

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:14 - Jul 30 by keighleyblue

Jesus man, the play off was 22 years ago. Move on.

How astute of you! And the6 are STILL playing the same thuggish way. There’s not an ounce for football in them .

Bolton were very very good for the first 30mins on 18:59 - Jul 30 with 2501 viewsunstableblue

Real quality on the ball, interplay, movement, excellent wing pay, looked like a championship side, with 4/5 championship quality players

We got on top, dominated the second, and then there excellent defence kicked in. With some storming performances from their centre backs.

They did have a few moments of slowing the game down.

But I think it's silly not to focus on what a quality side they looked at times, a side that beat us comprehensively last season, twice, and today we deserved to beat them.

The number of subs are inevtiably going to slow the league games down this year. We need to take the lead early.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 19:09 - Jul 30 with 2439 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:55 - Jul 30 by ArnieM

How astute of you! And the6 are STILL playing the same thuggish way. There’s not an ounce for football in them .

Yet their football beat us twice last season and stopped us winning today.

Waka waka eh eh

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 19:21 - Jul 30 with 2377 viewshomer_123

Hmm - an interesting take Arnie.

Pen was as clear cut as you'll see. Just for balance, take a look at our goal and what we do to their keeper.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 19:25 - Jul 30 with 2349 viewshomer_123

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:55 - Jul 30 by ArnieM

Not an ounce of football in them?

Did you see them in the first 15 mins or so today. We barely got near them. I'd say they had a good mix of technical ability mixed with strength and astuteness.

Can easily see them being up there at the end of the season.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 2349 viewsBluefields

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 18:18 - Jul 30 by noggin

So because everyone does it, it's no longer cheating?

How is it cheating?? It’s within the rules or the officials would have punished them
Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 19:48 - Jul 30 with 2290 viewsDubtractor

Other than a bit of time wasting at the end they were fine tbh. Not worthy of comment in my opinion.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 2226 viewsArnieM

Bolton still the same thuggish , shytehousery team I see ! on 19:09 - Jul 30 by FrimleyBlue

Yet their football beat us twice last season and stopped us winning today.

Lol , I hope you used the term “ football” as a loose term where they were concerned..

I will say their high pressing game was very good for the first 29mins and then they s8mp,y ran out of steam ( or the plane 2as for 9ne l 20mins of high pressure? )… but once we started to get into our game and play the ball around , that was ( form me anyway), when their physicality went up sev3al notches.

I realise this is how it is , in this division, and as long as Ive watched Town play, we have NEVER dealt with any side that adopts the more “ physical” approach. It is up to us ,( I agree with others on here about that), that we must try to do battle with these teams . We all know that. But I still maintain, that the refs have their part to play in controlling the level of “ challenges” ring metered out. Bolton took out several of our players. This frankly was all they appeared good at. But the ref on,y booked one of their players in that first half.

Do we get street poise and start rolling around like our opponents then? Is that what we want t9 see Town do. If yioucan’t beat it, do likewise? Not sure I’d like us to be like Bolton, Whycombe, et al. But unfortunately I think that’s what we will be watching a lot of at PR this season. I just hope we can overcome it.

Just my views fellas, nothing more sinister than that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024