Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LED advert boards 18:23 - Jul 30 with 1465 viewsMark

What did people think of those? I thought they looked good before the game, but I found the flashing and movement in the adverts distracting when the match was in play. I particularly disliked the betting adverts.
LED advert boards on 18:24 - Jul 30 with 1442 viewsSitfcB

I’ve always said this about them and my mate rips me for it. Even worse at a night game. Didn’t think they were that bad as quite dark colours.

Can’t really help with the betting adverts what with it being the league sponsor….

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

LED advert boards on 18:28 - Jul 30 with 1410 viewsRegencyBlue

To be honest I didn’t really notice them once the game started.

I imagine they might be more distracting at night but today, for me, no problem at all.
LED advert boards on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 1331 viewsPortman_Pie

Agreed. Looked neat, tidy and knitted the outside of the pitch together well before kick off. Then I felt much the same. Just annoying. The TV screen was a novelty prior to kick off and a waste of time come 90 minutes - and as for the PA system - classic crap, which blew my ear drums. A combined 2/10 for all three new additions.
LED advert boards on 18:41 - Jul 30 with 1311 viewsStewart27

They were great.

Looked good and didn’t distract once. If they manage to distract you then you shouldn’t be watching the game.

Nothing to see here.
LED advert boards on 18:54 - Jul 30 with 1239 viewsHciwspi

Thought they were ok. Didn’t find them distracting. Scoreboard was ok but I think, as others have said in another thread, there was a bit too much info on it which made the writing too small.
LED advert boards on 19:18 - Jul 30 with 1155 viewsVeggie

They were much less bright than I feared and only really noticed them a handful of times during the game. Just seemed like a constant loop of ads for Ed Sheeran. The screen is quite neat and not too distracting either. Good for goal replays and team sheets (although small text was quite difficult to read). PA probably a bit too loud, and the announcer guy is too dull. They need to get someone with a bit more ‘oomph’.
LED advert boards on 19:24 - Jul 30 with 1131 viewsMark

Maybe some people are more susceptible to the ads than others. If people don't notice them they are not working as the adverts are designed to catch our attention for the benefits of the advertisers.

Today was a bright July day. The ads will probably stand out more in autumn/winter or at a night match.
LED advert boards on 20:25 - Jul 30 with 1035 viewsAlanG296

LED advert boards on 18:41 - Jul 30 by Stewart27

They were great.

Looked good and didn’t distract once. If they manage to distract you then you shouldn’t be watching the game.

Nothing to see here.

Whether they distract or not depends on where you sit, and how much of your field of vision they take up. Fortunately from where I sit back row SBR upper, I hardly notice them, but would be different from a lower level, and the scoreboard is no distraction because most of the time the font size is too small and illegible.
Login to get fewer ads

LED advert boards on 20:32 - Jul 30 with 1007 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

LED advert boards on 20:25 - Jul 30 by AlanG296

Whether they distract or not depends on where you sit, and how much of your field of vision they take up. Fortunately from where I sit back row SBR upper, I hardly notice them, but would be different from a lower level, and the scoreboard is no distraction because most of the time the font size is too small and illegible.

I didn't even notice them tbh. However, I was in Manningtree listening on the wireless
LED advert boards on 20:38 - Jul 30 with 985 viewsPioneerBlue

Liked the new advertising boards. Didn’t distract from where I was sitting. Whereas, the substitute names on the new screen were not readable, the starting XI was more or less readable.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

LED advert boards on 20:55 - Jul 30 with 934 viewsjeera

LED advert boards on 18:41 - Jul 30 by Stewart27

They were great.

Nothing to see here.

" If they manage to distract you then you shouldn’t be watching the game."

Stewart that's a silly thing to say isn't it.

For a start no fan will be in precisely the same position as another so you can have no idea how/if it affects someone else just because it doesn't affect you.

Eyesight, neurological conditions etc.

It's almost as though human beings aren't identical.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024